• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku - Leaked details on Star Wars: First Assault, 'Predecessor' to Battlefront III

RoKKeR

terrible....any chances Star Wars 1313 will see the light of day?
It's in the same spot this game is, so we really can't say. The projects aren't necessarily cancelled as of now, but are essentially left spinning their wheels without a clear destination.

bitoriginal

Got really excited with that thread title. Unfortunately this game looks nothing like Battlefront to me. Lets be honest, we're never getting Battlefront 3.

I fear if they ever made battlefront 3 it wouldn't be anything like battlefront. It would be Codized and turned into something it wasnt, basically a mix of cod and battlefield 3.

Then i see this and it screams battlefield and COD. Glad its probably not happening then. I mean the game was in a tps with the option to go into fps and the leaked images are only fps wth. Even if there is a tps mode it would probably be switched and that would be the after thought not fps.

Just create a battlefront HD collection, better graphics, online, trophies and thats it keep everything else the same.

http://kotaku.com/5989910/leaked-star-wars-game-is-predecessor-to-battlefront-iii-source-says

Kotaku is at it again.

The game is said to be running on Unreal Engine, and is a scaled back version on what could be Battlefront III. Kotaku provided two alleged images of First Assault:

first-assault-1-640_w_1.png

first-assault-3-640_w.png

Despite the leaked information about the downloadable title, its status is still unknown and is presumably in 'development limbo', similar to what we've heard about Star Wars 1313.

For now, that's all they have on the game. Thoughts?

SOLD! Would buy this on 360 for sure. A Wii U release would be nice, but who am I kidding..

If those pics are real.. I do not want.

Generic shooter incoming.

Is it really to much to ask for a Republic Commando 2 or a Battlefront 3?

Listen, LucasArts. If you're going to release another Star Wars game then release another game from the ,Jedi Knight franchise. It's hands-down the best franchise there is, and it's ridiculous that only two were made. Make it happen.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Never understood why we don't have something like BF1942 except with star wars - would be amazing. Battlefront was too limited IMO.

If those pics are real.. I do not want.

Generic shooter incoming.

Is it really to much to ask for a Republic Commando 2 or a Battlefront 3?

Those are both fairly simple shooter knockoffs with Star Wars flavor. This would have been/will be as well, I'm cool with that. I'd play Call of Star Wars.

Birbo

Sell me this now, then get to work on a new Jedi Knight game. I named my only son after Kyle Katarn for Pete's sake!

legacyzero

Banned
Looks good. I hope this and 1313 see release. ESPECIALLY 1313. That would be the next generations biggest waste before the next gen even starts.

Gemüsepizza;49750632 said:
- 16 players
- downloadable title
- "if it sells well" -> Battlefront III

I have a bad feeling about this.

I don't get why BF3 is in such disarray. Jesus Christ it isn't complicated, make a good BF game and people will buy it. Who doesnt wanna play a next gen 64 player star wars game with huge battles, vehicles, etc... Like seriously. Whos fucking in charge over there? Are they retarded?

If you make crap like force unleashed, then ya, it wont sell.

It isnt complicated Lucasarts, people want quality games. Thats what sells. Shocking i know.

Is it really to much to ask for a Republic Commando 2?

Most of those developers left Lucas Arts to other companies or Republic Commando ended up being their last game project.

The director Tim Longo went to Crystal Dynamics for the Tomb Raider reboot but left after preproduction phase to come back at Lucas Arts in April 2011 as creative director on an unannounced project.

The writers left for Telltale Games, programmer Nathan Martz (physics and enemy AI) went to work on Double Fine games, John A Hancock (core AI and squad AI) became a software engineer for Lair.

Unless if Tim Longo is working on a possible Republic Commando 2, it's not happening.

i-Lo

This disney acquisition has really left so many people hanging.

Any way, I'd take a KoTOR game looking half as good as that next gen.

R2D4

Banned
Thank god it takes place in the original trilogy universe. I'm so sick of the Knights of the Old Republic or the Prequals bullshit.

jschreier

They're probably running out of time on this, right?

I mean, it'd be kind of weird to release an XBLA game for 360 in 2014.

From what I hear, the game is almost done. The team was/is still building it as if it has a spring release date, although the developers at LucasArts don't know whether the execs at Disney/LucasFilm will actually release it.

RoKKeR

They're probably running out of time on this, right?

I mean, it'd be kind of weird to release an XBLA game for 360 in 2014.
Summer 2013 is the latest I can imagine them releasing. I also think it'd be stupid for them not to, because it would be an absolutely huge 'Summer of Arcade' game.

Goddamn it!!! Give me this, give me 1313, give me Battlefront 3, give me a new Rogue Squadron, give me a new KOTOR, give me a new Jedi Knight, or a new X-Wing/Tie Fighter!!!! Just me anything Star Wars, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That is all

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so it's basically a test game?

it's not really what you want, but if you buy it, you might get what you want later?

don't play that game, guys.

Top Bottom