• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku - Leaked details on Star Wars: First Assault, 'Predecessor' to Battlefront III

ManaByte

Gold Member

For the first six months, Craig Derrick and Adam Orth led development

giphy.gif

Stuart360

And I thought Disney killing off Clone Wars was going to be the worst Star Wars related decision of the day.

Battlefront 3 is never happening. Neither is this game. Nor is Star Wars 1313.
13mil sales and counting for the backlashed Battlefront 2, and over 20mil sales for Battlefront 1. Battlefront 3 is happening, its just an issue of when. Imo Dice are probably working on updating their engine for next gen, and in a couple of years we will get Battlefront 3.

EDIT. This is an old ass thread lol, didnt realize.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

CamHostage

Good that somebody got a few people involved to go on record about the project. It's always interesting to me hearing about projects that got into the thick of things. They of course can never get to talk to the suits who actually pulled the trigger, so the story is often, "Oh man, we almost made the greatest thing ever and then they pulled the rug out from under us...", and we never get to hear the rug-puller's side so it can be tough to tell, but still, better to hear the story from the creatives than from the suits.

Personal opinion on this, though, is I don't feel like this game was going to turn out as anything. (To make it easy for those already pre-hating me, I also thought BF3 looked like it was never going to work out, and I liked the 1313 concept trailer but don't feel my life was lessened without another Unchartalike in it... I was pretty unset when Disney canceled Clone War, though, although I did like where it originally ended with the S5 downfall.) First Assault looked like a pretty straight-forward CoD without much of the purpose or atmosphere behind it that made Republic Commando a worthy attempt at "Star Wars for Adults". (I prefer the franchise be for all ages in general. but if it's going dark, do it with heart. Interestingly, the concept artist for First Assault worked on Rogue One, and that's an example where grit and sci-fantasy melded successfully.) I feel sad for this tragic period in LucasArts history, but I have a feeling my wallet would have been bitter if things had turned out different. But whatever with my opinions...

There is some clean footage of the beta for Star Wars First Assault in some kind of state for the game to check out.

Last edited:

DonF

What a time capsule! I can't believe that it took Disney 6 years to destroy my enthusiasm for star wars.

The game looks great and it would be a great game in today's landscape.

Top Bottom