• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku/NewsCafe report that Studio Ghibli might stop making films

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beaches remake?

Not in the slightest.

Dont look at the spoiler if you intend to watch the film

You have been warned!

Its about a girl that lost her parents and grandmother that visits the town where her grandmother grew up and meets the ghost of her grandmother/ relives the memories of her grandmother. Marnie is the grandmother, anna is the granddaughter

If Studio Ghibli were to stop creating new films I think the younger talent within SG should branch off and form their own studio, then they can try some stuff without the pressure of living up to Miyazaki's name every time.

But they cant live up with the ghibli quality. No other studio can because its just too expensive.

Stuff like mei jumping on totoros belly or how the fire demon in howl moves ... Thise kind of things require a lot of detail work and that takes a lot of people and time, which means money.

Spinluck

You sound very bitter

I don't see it as bitterness, but pretty much what has been happening. I think we all want traditional animation to exist alongside computer animation in the long run.

But once Ghibli is gone, it is going to be hard to make the case for hand drawn animation.

It is already dead in the US unless you're on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom