• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Pikmin 3 (Wii U) at E3 2012 confirmed

Olimario must be jizzing in his pants.

I'm getting all nostalgic for GCN. If F-Zero and a new Metroid Prime game are revealed, I'll shit my pants. Plus, NEW Legend of Zelda.

smug

Banned
Pikmin is right up there with Metroid Prime when it was released on the Cube for me.. I enjoyed 2 even more. I seriously can't wait!! I just love those rascally little buggers!!!!!

I'm also fucking glad that we're getting a real in-house sequel to an old favorite, which is too rare.

Yoshi's Island DS (by Artoon) being a sad one, obviously DKCR wouldn't have been by Rare so that's fine, plus Retro's awesome. :)

Luigi's Mansion 2 is by Next Level, so I'm very skeptical. :(

To me Kirby's Return to Dreamland is essentially Kirby 64 2, or Kirby's Dreamland 5 (64 being 4), and that's by HAL, and it's awesome.

Pilotwings Resort isn't really a Pilotwings, it's Wii Sports Resort with the name pasted on it, but Monster did the grunt work, actually it's better this way than in-house as it shows Monster is still close to Nintendo. :)

See where I'm going? I'm positive the original team will be behind Pikmin 3, no way they're going to pop up and say "Guess what, our 3rd-party partner _____ is behind this!" Wouldn't make sense who on Earth would they even pick? Just don't.

jokkir

That reminds me that I still need to play the first two. From last time I played it though I really liked it.

But man, hype!

Quick question. I loved Pikmin one back in the day but never played 2. Should I?

Yes. I felt that Pikmin 1 is better than Pikmin 2, but not by much. You should still play it to see the other new pikmins. Awesome little guys!!! I always tried to make sure they didn't die.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
This is probably the only game that would push me over the edge to purchase a Wii U at launch. Well played Nintendo. Well played.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I'm also fucking glad that we're getting a real in-house sequel to an old favorite, which is too rare.

Yoshi's Island DS (by Artoon) being a sad one, obviously DKCR wouldn't have been by Rare so that's fine, plus Retro's awesome. :)

What? It was a solid game. That prize goes to Yoshi Topsy Turvy, which was awful.

Medalion

Banned
Louie_the_Pikmin_Killer_by_Rutela.jpg

Believest!

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
This better have a robust online mode.

Wii U is going to be so day 1.

Bring the fucking E3 on!!

No photorealism please.
Actually, I think pikmin will be so good with photorealism; grass, soil, earth, flowers are already quite beautiful in their original form; I mean, nature is most beautiful by itself!

Zebra

I'm in camp photo-realism. Pikmin has the added benefit of not having human beings in it. The big Achilles heel of realistic games are people. If it's all close-up nature shots with simplistic little ant creatures it should look phenomenal.

Only that single image:

My new wallpaper, thank you!

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Oh God, I am eating crow. FEATHERs AND ALL.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
A challenge with a photo realistic Pikmin, I think, would be the ground geometry. Where as on Gamecube you could get away with mostly flat, yet excellently textured, surfaces, that same strategy would look not so great in HD textures. Real world nature is very, very rough.. which I don't think any hardware can handle up close. Plus, you kinda need flatish surfaces to design the game play around.

Top Bottom