• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kurt Russell to star in Gary Whitta penned "Undying"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wRATH2x

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
Kurt is awesome. And yeah he's a perfect fit for this character, exactly how I imagined him. He really digs this role too, he's been heavily involved with putting his own touches on the script and is extremely smart about story and character, a real pro. Also an endless font of awesome Hollywood anecdotes. Just a joy to work with. Took a little while for me to quiet my inner fanboy after I realized I was sitting next to Snake Fucking Plissken and Jack Fucking Burton at the same time, though. Resisted the temptation to have him sign my Big Trouble in Little China Blu-ray. Next time...
That must have been fucking amazing you lucky bastard!

Self-whoring will not be at Eli levels. As you'll notice, I didn't start this thread and had no plans to. Eli was my first movie to get made so I got a bit carried away at times :D
Good to know.

PhoncipleBone said:
14094387.JPG

Kurt IS the computer though.
How awesome is it that he has his own Disney collection?

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

JoeBoy101

Gary Whitta said:
Took a little while for me to quiet my inner fanboy after I realized I was sitting next to Snake Fucking Plissken and Jack Fucking Burton at the same time, though. Resisted the temptation to have him sign my Big Trouble in Little China Blu-ray. Next time...

You're a stronger man than I, Mr. Whitta. I would have been drooling and begging him to sign my copy with his name and, "Its all in the reflexes."

harSon

Banned
Congratulations Gary, can't even begin to imagine the level of excitement you're currently feeling. First Gary Oldman, Denzel Washington and the Hughes Brothers, and now Kurt Russell? Amazing.

Gary Whitta said:
Thanks all. It's been a long, uphill road to get this one made - it was actually written long before Eli, the original version of it at least (it's changed a lot since then) - but it looks like we might finally get there this time.

Answers to random questions:

Kurt is awesome. And yeah he's a perfect fit for this character, exactly how I imagined him. He really digs this role too, he's been heavily involved with putting his own touches on the script and is extremely smart about story and character, a real pro. Also an endless font of awesome Hollywood anecdotes. Just a joy to work with. Took a little while for me to quiet my inner fanboy after I realized I was sitting next to Snake Fucking Plissken and Jack Fucking Burton at the same time, though. Resisted the temptation to have him sign my Big Trouble in Little China Blu-ray. Next time...

No relation to the videogame of the same title, it's just a coincidence. Undying may not even be the final title it's released under. It was called Reaper originally and for the longest time, who knows, it may even go back to that. We'll see...

No Apple products in the script, but thanks for reminding me! Gotta get an iPad or iPhone 4G in there somewhere, or Jobs will activate the wifi iShock collar that keeps me in line...

Self-whoring will not be at Eli levels. As you'll notice, I didn't start this thread and had no plans to. Eli was my first movie to get made so I got a bit carried away at times :D

Whitta you sir are awesome!

I am such a kurt russel whore and you get to meet him you lucky basterd!

goMaki

Congratulations Gary! Hopefully you will be kind enough to share info like you did in the Eli thread. :) I look forward to more details in the future.

BTW, I don't think I could contain myself if I was next to Kurt. He rocks! <3

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Spire said:
He did Death Proof.
eh, death proof is three years old at release (longer at production) and up til now he's had NOTHING in production... not at all a stretch to assume he retired... I mean christ, the guy has a body of work starting over 50 years ago! (holy shit at just realizing that!!)

nomster

People on this board make threads about buying a freaking car and some people here are whining about a guy who told us about his movie being made? Give me a break! Self whore all you want Gary.

Dennis

Banned
nomster said:
People on this board make threads about buying a freaking car and some people here are whining about a guy who told us about his movie being made? Give me a break! Self whore all you want Gary.
This.

Some people are just jealous, I guess.

Great pic with Russel there, Gary. Good luck with your projects.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
That's awesome. Do inform Mr. Russell that he's probably the coolest actor still working. :)

nomster said:

I also approve of the self-whoring.

This film sounds quite cool, congrats!

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Gary Whitta said:
Inner fanboy could not be completely contained:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1221/4601516427_7aa015b8d9_b.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

wow..

not that you just met Kurt Russell

wow that you're taller than him.

You should get John Carpenter to do the soundtrack to undying. Make him only use an keyboard from the 70s too.

Chichikov

Gary Whitta said:
Resisted the temptation to have him sign my Big Trouble in Little China Blu-ray.
And the Hollywood studio machine chew and spit another poor soul
It's really sad to see someone forget so quickly why they got into this business in the first place.
For fuck's sake, if you're not in it to get autographs on your Big Trouble in Little China DVD, why are you in it all?

congrats and good luck

You lucky bastard. Kurt Russell is the fucking man. Rewatched Captain Ron yesterday and it's still awesome.

Now for something interesting. What was the last two words Walt Disney wrote, before he died?

That's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom