• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kyle Larson suspended for using racial slur during virtual race

Dural

Thought this was pretty funny; Kyle Larson, Brie Larson's brother, made a racial slur while participating in the virtual race Sunday afternoon.
edit-Well, looks like Bing fucked up and Brie isn't actually his sister, mod want to remove the Brie part?

Chip Ganassi Racing has suspended driver Kyle Larson without pay after he used a racial slur on a livestream during a virtual race Sunday.

"We are extremely disappointed by what Kyle said last night during an iRacing Event. The words that he chose to use are offensive and unacceptable. As of this moment we are suspending Kyle without pay while we work through this situation with all appropriate parties," Ganassi Racing said in a statement.

Larson was competing in an iRacing event Sunday night when he appeared to lose communication with his spotter on his headset. During a check of his microphone, Larson said, "You can't hear me?" That was followed by the N-word.

On another note, Bubba Wallace rage quit during the same race and apparently one of his sponsors dropped him for it.
edit-looks like this was last weeks race, could have sworn it was from this week.

Wallace appeared to "rage quit" the race after the incident. "That's why I don't take this s--- serious. Peace out," Wallace said on his gaming stream.

After fans ripped him on Twitter, he laughed at how seriously some are taking iRacing.

"I ruined so many peoples day by quitting ... a video game," he wrote. "Bahaha. A video game. Damn quarantine life is rough."

He admitted to rage quitting in a second post.

Blue-Emu, one of Wallace's sponsors, was apparently not pleased. "Bye bye Bubba. We're interested in drivers, not quitters," said a tweet from the account of the topical pain-reliever cream. The company added a second tweet using the image of Donald Trump uttering his "You're fired!" catchphrase from "The Apprentice."

These virtual races have been pretty entertaining, anybody else watching?

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

giphy.gif

Dural

I haven’t watched them. Guess the drivers are taking it pretty seriously?

Most don't seem to take it too seriously, as you can see from what Bubba said, but some do like William Byron. He's been at the front of every race and got his first virtual win yesterday.

Must be learned behavior in the family unit.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so they are all from California? Larsons are a bunch of Cali west coast carpet baggers. elite jerks who professionally cosplay white trash.

LOL i've seen this reported as "NASCAR driver drops N word" w no mention in title or OP of him being from Yas Kween Brie Larson's family.

IIAJc3i.jpg

blame it on NASCAR. that sport enjoyed by horrible Red Stat people /s

Last edited:

Dural

I did find it funny that ESPN had to point out that he's of Asian decent, also funny that McDonald's is his sponsor after seeing this;

Last edited:
so they are all from California? Larsons are a bunch of Cali west coast carpet baggers. elite jerks who professionally cosplay white trash.

LOL i've seen this reported as "NASCAR driver drops N word" w no mention in title or OP of him being from Yas Kween Brie Larson's family.

IIAJc3i.jpg

Doing some research your observation, it took 5 pages before the name Brie appeared and it has appeared once overall.

Most talk was about how awful the audience is for reasons. It's odd for sure.

Dural

If you search Kyle Larson, Brie Larson comes up as sibling.

I was just doing my daily Bing news search to get points and the article about Kyle came up and I saw the sibling as Brie right there and just assumed it was correct.

HeadsUp7Up

I’m glad I’m not famous so my name doesn’t get dragged into every idiotic thing a family member or friend does.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's good for free MS points and Xbox Live too, I haven't paid for Live for years because of it and also got several years of gamepass.
But it also does not work work outside of USA. But I have stacked a lot of points, but nowhere to redeem them. Not sure if VPN would work. Probably.

HeadsUp7Up

It's good for free MS points and Xbox Live too, I haven't paid for Live for years because of it and also got several years of gamepass.

This person gets it! Haven’t spent actual money playing games on my Xbox in a long time. I won’t have enough points saved up to put a meaningful dent in the Series X price but I purchase gift cards to buy games and Xbox live or Game Pass.

Dural

This person gets it! Haven’t spent actual money playing games on my Xbox in a long time. I won’t have enough points saved up to put a meaningful dent in the Series X price but I purchase gift cards to buy games and Xbox live or Game Pass.

Yep, redeemed some points in January for $50 in MS giftcards. I'll probably have ~$100 worth by this fall that I can use towards the XsX if I order directly from MS. If I can find some MS or Xbox giftcards on sale for 20% off, this happens quite often, I'll be getting the XsX for close to $300 if it's $499.

Stouffers

Banned
If you put your finger over his facial hair and squint a bit, he looks just like her. I believe they emerged from the same vagina.

Fun Fanboy

Banned
I never knew she was the chubby looking chick from 21 jump street movie. Lol. She hit the gym, or have lot's of work done?

Nymphae

Banned
Racists should really just coin a new N word, the less offensive the better. Sort of like how we can still say fag here if we say Farnsgoth. I don't believe that the ideas disappear when you sanitize the language personally, so I don't know why people obsess over being able to say it. Just make new terms, keep making them play whack a mole with words if that's what they want to do.

Grinchy

Banned
Oh no, he said the one word you're not allowed to say unless you're a special boy! I'm telling! MOMMY!!

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

IIAJc3i.jpg

Because he's not from her family lol

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Aren’t you always quick to cry fake news for everything? You’d think you learn before spouting bullshit with the first thing you read.

My post in the first page was ample opportunity to make a pretty gnarly joke and I did.

Personally don’t give a fuck about this situation, it’s all too common online. I do find a laughable however seeing McDonald’s speak up about this but not China.

I just wanted to give you shit because you came in here with a one liner is if you knew her entire sibling order.

🤣

Batiman

Banned
My post in the first page was ample opportunity to make a pretty gnarly joke and I did.

Personally don’t give a fuck about this situation, it’s all too common online. I do find a laughable however seeing McDonald’s speak up about this but not China.

I just wanted to give you shit because you came in here with a one liner is if you knew her entire sibling order.

🤣
My one liner was to show how quick misinformation gets spread. People like to jump in and try to be the first to make a clever joke that’s not even funny. Especially it not even related to the subject. It also shows people believe the first thing they read or hear.

Last edited:
Top Bottom