• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

l4d3? (Source 2 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what happened in the last 2 pages. Some get executed or something? I want to know. Mandrake, plz post a summary.

Also, has anyone asked Ja Rule what he thinks about this news? WHERE IS JA?!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
These screens make me realize how few games we've had set in the south.

Watching that new HBO show True Detective had me thinking about this too. Some of the scenery in that show is so beautiful and terrifying. A sandbox style game with the production quality of a rockstar game where you wander around creepy bayous and small strip towns and stuff would be sooo cool.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I shouldn't really do rhetorical questions anymore. I'm so sorry, CBOAT.

Watching that new HBO show True Detective had me thinking about this too. Some of the scenery in that show is so beautiful and terrifying. A sandbox style game with the production quality of a rockstar game where you wander around creepy bayous and small strip towns and stuff would be sooo cool.

Louisiana Noire.

L00P

I heard a train crashed into Valve's building last night. Don't tell me cboat's got something to do with it

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Let us move on and stay on topic please.
I expected better from Source 2, even though if those screens are 3 years old! :p
Don't disappoint me, Valve.

Let us move on and stay on topic please.
I expected better from Source 2, even though if those screens are 3 years old! :p
Don't disappoint me, Valve.

Well, we still haven't seen animations and physics. Those are among the areas I expect them to advance a lot together with tools. Never really thought fidelity and feature wise they would duke it with Dice, Crytek, Epic or ND.

No way, man, they totally look next gen.

nah, look at that second pic. Especially the left tree.

rrs

So what happened in the last 2 pages. Some get executed or something? I want to know. Mandrake, plz post a summary.

Also, has anyone asked Ja Rule what he thinks about this news? WHERE IS JA?!

Someone attempted to reveal CBOAT's true form, which is too awesome for the mortal mind to comprehend.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Source 1 was intensely scalable so it wouldn't be surprising to see things in Source 2 that they didn't feel like making subtle gradations on and instead went "Fuck it, just use a lower quality base."

It's possible that since this is just a tech demo (most likely, anyway), they didn't want to create new assets for everything in it.

That or they are really lazy with trees.

tioslash

edge-wwe.gif

I remember how blown away I was with the original source tech demo , the falling barrells into water especially.

Been replaying HL2 recently and the engine is really starting to show its age now. Squares and low res texures mainly. The physics is still fantastic though.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I bet you they'll reveal L4D3 and Source 2 this June.

As that would be exactly 10 years after Source Engine initially released.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
After playing with that BugBear physics demo it's gonna be pretty disappointing if they announce source2 and don't put up a little toy for us all to play with on Steam.

I mean I remember in 2004 running the HL2 benchmark thing that came with that CSS beta a thousand goddamn times just to see all the pretty stained glass and stuff.

Oh man, I shouldn't have thought about that. Now I want the Source2 reveal to be a demo available to all with the valve commentary bulbs everywhere pointing out what the engine is doing.

Someone .gif the train scene in Spiderman 2 where Spidey saves the train from plummeting and he passes out from exhaustion, then Doctor Octopus says 'GIVE HIM TO ME' and everyone is all like 'NAW GTFO'

CBOAT is Spidey

I imagine there will be an update to HL2 that is a light Source 2 port similar to the HL1:Source that has zero load times except for the initial game boot

i'd kinda want a HL1 without loading screens ..... did that black mesa game go out , was it good ?

I don't believe the other guy, because he said that the filelist is real. But HL3 is not real and will never be real, so I don't trust him....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom