• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: State of Play event scheduled for May

Shows us your longterm plans goddammit.

It's all very well saying we're only showing stuff coming out in the next 12 months but if you've got dick all coming out in 12 months that doesn't work very well.

Sony's Legendary conferences showed games very far out from release. Jesus FFVII Remake was announced 5 years before release.

iu

Time for Sony to go big. I expect to see:
Intergalactic the Heretic Prophet (Cory’s new game)
Ghost of Tsushima 2
New Astro game
Venom spinoff
Wolverine
New Housemarque game
New Bend game
Concord
New second party deals like Stellar Blade

Shows us your longterm plans goddammit.

It's all very well saying we're only showing stuff coming out in the next 12 months but if you've got dick all coming out in 12 months that doesn't work very well.

Sony's Legendary conferences showed games very far out from release. Jesus FFVII Remake was announced 5 years before release.
To be fair, FF7R is a Square Enix game. TLOU2 is a better example. 1st trailer was 3.5 years before it released. I think 1.5-2 years is the appropriate timeline from announcement to release. Sony never said 12 months was the standard, only that it will be shorter than in the past.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Just give us a 30 minute Starfield direct style video for Concord and it's a win.

Sony needs to showcase their megatons in the way they deserve.

mdkirby

I don’t even watch the events anymore I just cherry pick which trailers I find interesting. 2005-2015 was the peak of E3/Gaming hype. It’s awful nowadays with 56 meh events scattered throughout the year instead of one or two major focuses like E3 and TGS.

On the plus side I actually play and finish many, many more games due to not being on forums nearly as much as I did back then 😜
This, the events themselves are full of so much crap fluff, which I have no idea who is aimed at, but it definitely isn't me. Maybe kids like all the talking heads. So I usually just go to YouTube, type the name of the event then play any trailers that look interesting.

To be fair, FF7R is a Square Enix game. TLOU2 is a better example. 1st trailer was 3.5 years before it released. I think 1.5-2 years is the appropriate timeline from announcement to release. Sony never said 12 months was the standard, only that it will be shorter than in the past.
I'm honestly fine with announcing stuff that far in advance. The alternative is Silence which I'm not really a fan off.

The game needs to be ready obviously. I think Bend, Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog really need to show something.

It's crazy that square have shipped FF rebirth yet we have not heard a peep from any of those studios.

Who would have thought in 2024 square would would be showing Naughty Dog how to ship games quickly.😂

Sony need to reveal their hand. Just show us what your teams are working on even if they're years away from release. Like, where the heck is Sony bend and bluepoint? Apparently naughty dog and santa monica are working on new single player ip. Make them official.

Blindy

Not sure if they will do this in fear of cannibalizing Silent Hill 2 Remake but would like to see more news about Slitterhead given it has the head of the Siren/Gravity Rush games on it.

Last edited:

Killer8

If they are giving a spotlight to Silent Hill 2 Remake then the game must be in a pretty good state.

I'm getting ready for the doubters to eat some crow.

Salz01

I hope Sony brings their A game. The last couple of showings have sucked. I can’t even remember last years besides Spiderman, and that Ninja ghost game.

Imtjnotu

Time for Sony to go big. I expect to see:
Intergalactic the Heretic Prophet (Cory’s new game)
Ghost of Tsushima 2
New Astro game
Venom spinoff
Wolverine
New Housemarque game
New Bend game
Concord
New second party deals like Stellar Blade
Sony hasn't gone big like this in forever.

Stop getting your hopes up

Imtjnotu

Why not? These studios have been cooking for a long time and insiders said a lot were ready to be shown even last year.
Every single time one gets announced it's just boring let down after let down. Sony hasn't thrown a good show since the E3 where GOW was shown.

State of plays are wastes of time

Perrott

Gold Member
Imagine: PS5 Pro first details and Bloodborne remake shows off the power of it. But the game would have to run on base PS5 as well...
I mean, the game runs on PS4 too already, so there's no way that the base PS5 would be limiting the Pro in this hypothetical scenario.

Top Bottom