• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LA Times: How Kate Upton's curves sold a mobile video game (Game of War makes 1M/Day)

kate-upton-dougie.gif.pagespeed.ce.Qm6PJwwef1TiMTXM6vtM.gif
That is some terrible dancing. YEESH!

Everyone in our chambers is playing Clash of Clans except me. I wonder if they'd switch based on boobs.

"What should we name this shit?"

"I don't know, what's popular nowadays?"

"Game of Thrones!"

"Gears of War!"

"Alright, we're naming it Game of War. Boom!"

"Brilliant name boss."

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Solid carpet bombing approach, not just on TV but online. Spendy but a perfect choice given that the segment was just opening up to this kind of spend. First is always best.

There's job security in Marketing.

JC Lately

I was all set to climb up on my high horse over this, and then I remembered I bought Huniepop last night on Steam. So I guess I’ll just keep hypocritical my mouth shut.

jelly

I remember the advert, seen it many times, she has nice boobs. Haven't downloaded it, in your face marketing.

Verger

Banned
To reiterate: SEX sells!

Indeed. And sometimes people seem shocked that companies are often eager to turn to this time-old plan and add in sex in their marketing.

I mean, if Uptons boobs can bring in 1 Million a day, why would any sane marketer not go the "Sex Sells" route?

Boss Mog

I don't understand how these freemium games make money. I just don't. It's like my brain is trying to divide by 0 or something.

1) I don't know how anybody could put up with their shitty "gameplay"

and

2) I don't get how people shell out any money let alone the colossal sums they sometimes do on these games.

legacyzero

Banned
Thanks for not flooding the thread with "huuuuuuurrrr she's fat and ugly durrrrrr" and hairy lip pics.

Also, look forward to more half naked ladies selling you mobile games on television soon, since there's a market for that not.

Jackpot.

Koh

The fact that these commercials work offends me. At least clash of clans ads actually look like a game. This is unashamedly just hot girl with nothing else.

Why? Why do you fall for this my fellow gender?

It's also worth mentioning that those commercials have extremely high production value.

Seems like quite a bit was spent on the CG, props and pyrotechnics. Clearly a very well funded project.

The fact that these commercials work offends me. At least clash of clans ads actually look like a game. This is unashamedly just hot girl with nothing else.

Why? Why do you fall for this my fellow gender?

The Liam Neeson commercial for Clash of Clans has him "playing" CG footage that they make out to be the game. At you see what Game of War looks like in its commercial, albeit for a very brief moment.

ohlawd

oh nice it's only her chest

cuz Kate has a terrible waist-hip ratio and my ass is fatter than hers and I'm a dude

Seriously? I don't get the whole Kate Upton thing. She's obviously far from ugly but I see better looking women on the train every day. Is it just the massive cans? Because I guess I understand that.

cacildo

Why is it so hard for people to understand that when you spend money in these competitive games, you're only knocking yourself out of the "scrub" bracket and into the bracket with people who have more money than you do?

Spending money makes these games harder, not easier.

Why are people so stupid? :(

well..

we are talking about people playing games on their phones

and spending money on it

Kristian

Yeah. Supercell dropped 400M€ to marketing last year. Making 2billions in revenue soooo thats about 5,5M/day. Sick numbers and yes they got three games.

I read that a week or more ago. It's astounding to think of, but makes sense given her appeal.

I admittedly love the commercials. She looks great in them, especially the one with the bath/wet hair.

$h@d0w

I made a new tab to search youtube and literally forgot what the game was called and what to google.

NolbertoS

My grandpa was talking about a game out with tits. He kept saying " do you play the war of titties game?" I had no idea what he was talking about until he showed me the ad for this game. LOL, works on old dudes apparently lol!

Lmao, I can picture an old man getting turned on seeing Upton in a bath tub. Guess Nintendo was right in going mobile. I can imagine, a hot supermodel being, princess zelda and asking link to lead the Hyrule armies against Ganon, watch that sells billlions :p

Corgi

Banned
so one thing and another, I ended up seeing that kate upton in a vomit comet (zero g photoshoot).

What a good way to... spend friday night.

Arcteryx

Well...what did you expect? It's like those shitty ads that appear with a half-armor clad "babe" with the text "GUYS ONLY. PLAY NOW!"

all about them clicks

Top Bottom