• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LA Times: How Kate Upton's curves sold a mobile video game (Game of War makes 1M/Day)

Lazulic

their ads are always the stupidest fucking thing with their shameless use of kate upton in everything. im surprised their game icon isnt kate groping herself

thequestion

An older guy from work, (in his 40's) calls me over and asked me if I knew anything about that new Kate Upton phone game. I wanted to tell him that Kate Upton does not actually appear in the game, but who has the time?

After bringing up 'real' nude photos of Kate on his phone to show me how 'hot' she is, he illuminated my imagination with his hopes and dreams of one day getting to sleep with this 'goddess'. He then followed up with earnest questions about how to get the game, and if he could hide this game so that his wife wouldn't find out. Thankfully this entire conversation only lasted a few minutes and three co-workers approached. I took this momentary distraction of 'hey man's', and 'how's it going, man?', to slip away from the conversation like a ninja in the night. As I walked away, I could hear behind me a lot of 'fuck yeah's' and what I assume were high fives.

It's not really Upton's "fault" or anything, but it's depressing just how easy this strategy was.

If anything it's sad that her career sunk this low this fast. Modeling is a seriously fickle business...

She's still getting modeling gigs. I imagine she's getting a pretty penny for appearing in these ads as well. She's unquestionably more popular now than before the ads started.

BBboy20

An older guy from work, (in his 40's) calls me over and asked me if I knew anything about that new Kate Upton phone game. I wanted to tell him that Kate Upton does not actually appear in the game, but who has the time?

After bringing up 'real' nude photos of Kate on his phone to show me how 'hot' she is, he illuminated my imagination with his hopes and dreams of one day getting to sleep with this 'goddess'. He then followed up with earnest questions about how to get the game, and if he could hide this game so that his wife wouldn't find out. Thankfully this entire conversation only lasted a few minutes and three co-workers approached. I took this momentary distraction of 'hey man's', and 'how's it going, man?', to slip away from the conversation like a ninja in the night. As I walked away, I could hear behind me a lot of 'fuck yeah's' and what I assume were high fives.
............um...wow....

Insane.

This is a videogame in the same way that "the young and the restless" is artful drama.

The only one really winning here's the girl in the ad. The software co is living in perpetual fear of losing player numbers (which they will,terminally) and the players themselves are never actually experiencing a truly "good" game. So well done blonde advert girl with big tits, I'm sure this will land you a role in a Michael Bay film soon.

Top Bottom