• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady Gaga BORN THIS WAY Album |OT| Thread of Unicorns and Motorcycles

Status
Not open for further replies.

noparty.gif

Nemesis_

Bitch best be making some new music.

Although even if she does she will be long gone after it's released =(

Though I suppose The Monster Ball didn't stop her

The Darkness have been announced as the supporting act for the European tour.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Bitch best be making some new music.

Although even if she does she will be long gone after it's released =(

Though I suppose The Monster Ball didn't stop her

The Darkness have been announced as the supporting act for the European tour.

She has from July 8 - Aug 14, a whole month without any tour dates, perfect time to promote a new single though it looks like she might miss the VMAs unless she takes a flight from the UK right after her show is done, which is unlikely

Nemesis_

Apparently Gaga just sold out both stadiums in the UK in less than a minute? =/

Jfe8v.gif

The tour officially starts in just under two weeks. Fucking hype. I wonder if I will spoil the setlist for myself or not.

Nemesis_

Harrumphing fans want Lady Gaga to eat her words.

The pop star is being ripped by twitterazzi after she tweeted a hashtag earlier this week saying that pop stars don't eat, quickly prompting fired-up critics to accuse her of glorifying anorexia.

But what exactly did she write to incite such an appetite for anger?

"Just killed back to back spin classes," Gaga tweeted. "Eating a salad dreaming of a cheeseburger #PopSingersDontEat #IWasBornThisWay."

The post immediately racked up a barrage of livid responses.

One user wrote, "dear @ladygaga, you just blatantly endorsed anorexia to over 22 million followers. how do you sleep at night?" while another wondered, "@ladygaga pick a side... Do you want to promote beautiful and healthy kids, or anorexia?"

One ex-fan added, "unfollow @ladygaga 4 her ignorant and stupid message to her fans #popsingersdonteat wow ur a role model act like 1 dont praise anorexia wtf?"

Even the National Eating Disorders Association weighed in, tweeting, "Huh? This is the same person who recently implored girls to stop dieting?"

Gaga herself 'fessed up to suffering from an eating disorder early in her career, but has since been an outspoken advocate of healthy eating and youth empowerment.

Guess that vow of media silence she said she'd take didn't do much to stop Gaga from cooking up hearty servings of headline-grabbers.

Oh shit!

Kyon

Banned
smh Gaga needs to pick what she says carefully because she says one thing one day and something else the other day. This is what happens, something as healthy as eating salad and then putting Pop stars dont eat, it looks like she's promoting a healthy diet to her deluded stans but in reality putting that hash tag ruined it. :/

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
The Queen is slaying Europe

but that tweet was just a joke, she was eating a salad and has to diet so she can be in shape for the tour but she was still eating. Pop stars don't eat is a common stereotype and if this tweet influences you to become anorexic then there was something already wrong with you to begin with.

Nemesis_

The Queen is slaying Europe

but that tweet was just a joke, she was eating a salad and has to diet so she can be in shape for the tour but she was still eating. Pop stars don't eat is a common stereotype and if this tweet influences you to become anorexic then there was something already wrong with you to begin with.

The problem though is so many five year olds on twitter who trend Justin Bieber related topics are so fucking impressionable ;_;

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I'll no doubt be completely shitfaced drunk but will let you aaaalll know how it is. Gonna be awesome.

Nemesis_

She's just landed in Korea, the show officially starts in seven days.

5X8gY.jpg

Trying to keep "blind" to it all, but what do you guys think would be the ideal set list?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Trying to keep "blind" to it all, but what do you guys think would be the ideal set list?

my dream list

Phase 1: Entrance to the Kingdom/Chapel
Marry The Night
Highway Unicorn
Electric Chapel
Americano

Phase 2: Prejudice in the Kingdom/Chapel
Alejandro
Hair
Americano
Born This Way
Bloody Marry

Phase 3: Restroom Break
Bad Kids

Phase 4: Night in the Kingdom
Fashion of His Love
Judas
Government Hooker
Bad Romance
Heavy Metal Lover

Phase 5: The Ball
Dance In The Dark
Just Dance
Telephone
The Edge of Glory

End:
The Queen

we discussed this in the Pop thread :)
nobody post in this thread anymore :|
until the tour

Nemesis_

I don't want to kill this thread =( It was my first OT and I feel SAFER POSTING IN HERE and NOT BEING BOMBARDED WITH GIFs.

Lol, rest room break indeed. You had no SCHEIBE Marius! You not a fan?

I'm really hoping for the following songs though I know I am just pushing it.

THE FAME:
  • Just Dance
  • LoveGame
  • Poker Face
  • Paparazzi
  • Money Honey
  • Paper Gangsta

THE FAME MONSTER:
  • Bad Romance
  • Alejandro
  • Dance In The Dark
  • Telephone
  • So Happy I Could Die
  • Monster

BORN THIS WAY:
  • Marry The Night
  • Born This Way
  • Government Hooker
  • Judas
  • Americano
  • Scheibe
  • Bloody Mary
  • Heavy Metal Lover
  • You and I
  • The Edge of Glory

Pretty sure the list alone is too long already, I wonder what cuts she would make to my beloved setlist.

I really, really, really hope she doesn't close with Edge of Glory. I hate it so much, kind of wish she would close with Marry The Night but for some reason I think she'll open with it. Some kind of intro with the killer synths like in the beginning of the music film.

Koodo

Banned
iVxueclMM3tXG.gif

nXjWp.gif
OMG
nXjWp.gif

North Korea wishes they could hit Seoul as hard.

I will be F5'ing Youtube like a bitch for videos.
olupW.gif

SOMEONE MAKE A COUNTDOWN.
olupW.gif
olupW.gif
olupW.gif

Koodo

Banned
Just update this one. I don't think a tour will foster enough discussion for a new thread. It's going to end up being the usuals going back and forth anyway.

Nemesis_

I actually kind of hope she will debut a new single and make it part of the setlist at this tour. One can only dream though.

Nemesis_

I still want to know how the Monster Pit works.

Do I have to wait there ALL DAY? The way stuff is worded, it sounds like they'll come out in the "afternoon" and distribute the Monster Pit tickets. So, could I then go home, shower and return with a guaranteed spot in the pit?

Hope I get in =(

Nemesis_

The tour has STARTED and ENDED. I'm sure it was amazing, but I need to bail out of Gaga-GAF and Pop-GAF until June to avoid spoilers. I'm really looking forward to it and really want to go in blind.

Hopefully see you guys later!

you could of course spoiler shit but I don't expect any of you to do that for lil old me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom