• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady Gaga BORN THIS WAY Album |OT| Thread of Unicorns and Motorcycles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
This is the manifesto of Mother Monster:
On G.O.A.T, a Government Owned Alien Territory in space,
a birth of magnificent and magical proportions took place.
But the birth was not finite; it was infinite.

As the wombs numbered, and the mitosis of the future began,
it was perceived that this infamous moment in life is not temporal; it is eternal.
And thus began the beginning of the new race: a race within the race of humanity,
a race which bears no prejudice, no judgment, but boundless freedom.

But on that same day, as the eternal mother hovered in the multiverse,
another more terrifying birth took place: the birth of evil.
And as she herself split into two, rotating in agony between two ultimate forces, the pendulum of choice began its dance.
It seems easy, you imagine, to gravitate instantly and unwaveringly towards good. But she wondered,

“How can I protect something so perfect without evil?” ...

qotdN.jpg

Happy Birthday to The Queen!

tumblr_lrqm4ned9i1qie2m5.gif

Kyon

Banned
Happy Birthday Mummy :) My besty and i took pics with our Gaga shirts for her bday last year just wanted to post it lmfao

TatlB.jpg

xFWgi.jpg

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
So apparently in South Korea people under 18 are banned from attending the Born This Way Ball due to her sexual nature

while the group that is the equivalent of Republicans wants to ban Gaga from South Korea because she supports the LGBT community

utterly disgusting, and not a good way to start the tour. I hope the stadium still gets full

Kyon

Banned
Funny cause Korea has nothing but absolute respect and love for Britney who is also sexual and supports the gays, I remember her special with BoA when she performed Toxic with only a bra and a skirt on I don't get how Gaga can't be treated the same Smh

Meier

It's amazing how she has fallen so far in such a short period of time. No hit singles in quite awhile and the album sold like shit after the first week and then got shut out at the Grammys.. I think most people are already over her.

The other thing that blew me away is that I heard on the radio the other day that she was just turning 26. Wow! I would have guessed low 30s at a bare minimum.

Kyon

Banned
It's amazing how she has fallen so far in such a short period of time. No hit singles in quite awhile and the album sold like shit after the first week and then got shut out at the Grammys.. I think most people are already over her.

The other thing that blew me away is that I heard on the radio the other day that she was just turning 26. Wow! I would have guessed low 30s at a bare minimum.

She's touring this year and the next 3 years for the BTW album tho

3phemeral

Born this Way was the second-highest selling album behind Adele, which no one would ever catch up to anytime soon. Having sold 8+ Million is nothing to sneeze at.

Funny cause Korea has nothing but absolute respect and love for Britney who is also sexual and supports the gays, I remember her special with BoA when she performed Toxic with only a bra and a skirt on I don't get how Gaga can't be treated the same Smh

How has Britney supported the gays other than making music that gay people like?

Shes beginning her tour. I'd expect a single over the summer and definitely a new album in the fall.

Pyrokai

Wait, so we actually know some stuff about the new album?! She's actually acknowledged its existence and such!?

TELL ME MoaR

3phemeral

Wait, so we actually know some stuff about the new album?! She's actually acknowledged its existence and such!?

TELL ME MoaR

Nothing new, just that she's finished a bulk of the material (I think). We already know she's at least started a few months back. I gather she's probably done writing the songs at the very least. Who knows, though. She works fast, but I'm hoping she actually spends a lot of time finessing her work. BTW had awesome/subpar tracks on it but she recorded the entirety on tour (much the same with TFM, but TFM was only 8 tracks).

Here's to hoping there's more commitment to the lyrics than BTW was touted to have. Wasn't enough push for me, personally.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I just want less ballady country shit and more god-tier synthesized gold like Heavy Metal Lover and Electric Chapel.

I want more loud and crazy songs like Judas. Heavy Metal Lover had the right idea but it feels a bit monotone to me. Judas takes cues from her tried-and-true songs but the hooks are much more experimental and bold than anything she's done before. More experimental stuff is welcome.

Kyon

Banned
I want more loud and crazy songs like Judas. Heavy Metal Lover had the right idea but it feels a bit monotone to me. Judas takes cues from her tried-and-true songs but the hooks are much more experimental and bold than anything she's done before. More experimental stuff is welcome.

O_O marry me

Judas is a bit too Eurovision'y for me. Electric chapel is kinda meh. Heavy Metal Lover is perfection though.

But I wouldn't complain if either of you (Julls or Soulscribe) got your way. The general directions you guys want her music to go into, are basically what I want. Especially the ballad/country stuff needs to GTFO. Experimental synths + catchy dancepop tunes are where it's at.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I still laugh really hard when I think about how someone called Heavy Metal Lover a NIN-like song :lol
I remember downloading the "Hair" single and I was like 'what the fuck is this shit?"

If there was any song warranting a (very) slight NIN comparison it would be Heavy Metal Lover - the build and that "i could be your girl, girl, girl...." coming through a massive wall of sound is vaguely Reznorish. On headphones it's fantastic. But that's where the similarities end :p Dunno where that reviewer was pulling that from.

On another note, I only just discovered "I Like It Rough". Cool song.

Nemesis_

I still laugh really hard when I think about how someone called Heavy Metal Lover a NIN-like song :lol

Yeah, one of the pre-release previews mentioned it was NIN-esque.

Would love to know what they were smoking. Pretty sure it was a reputable music source too =/

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
No more Heavy Metal Lover, I want to hear Gaga back in the clubs
Judas + Telephone + Poker Face is the way to go

she can experiment later in her career

Heavy Metal Lover would be the most successful/best selling song in the history of recorded music if it were released

dVlRV.jpg

I STAND BY THIS DECLARATION.

My ideal single choices would be

1. Marry the Night
2. Born this Way
3. Scheiße
4. Heavy Metal Lover
5. The Edge of Glory

Oh, what could have been
52b0f867.gif

Kyon

Banned
I will NEVAH understand the confidence some people have in HML being a successful single. I don't see how it would sell, lol.

it wouldnt have to the casual listeners, but monsters love it and if she can release shitty singles like Alejandro, BTW and You and I she can release HML

I will NEVAH understand the confidence some people have in HML being a successful single. I don't see how it would sell, lol.

Nope. HML would've flopped I'm sure. Gaga basically released all of the songs on BTW that had any hit potential, and after the success of the title song, all of those more or less flopped. It's time to move on.

Give me new music.

it wouldnt have to the casual listeners, but monsters love it and if she can release shitty singles like Alejandro, BTW and You and I she can release HML

Well all three of those songs make for great singles, and all three did really well. You and I will probably be the most important single she's ever released from a broad legacy perspective. It's resonated really well with those who had doubts about her talent/artistry. HML on the other hand wouldn't work on radio, in the clubs, or with live performances. Destined for album buyers tbh <_<

Kyon

Banned
Well all three of those songs make for great singles, and all three did really well. You and I will probably be the most important single she's ever released from a broad legacy perspective. It's resonated really well with those who had doubts about her talent/artistry. HML on the other hand wouldn't work on radio, in the clubs, or with live performances. Destined for album buyers tbh <_<

point taken >_<

Nemesis_

@richysquirrel watching his own choreography+staging for Sheibe, utters "If I was in the front row and saw that, i would kill myself" #shade

So she's sticking with the same choreographer she used for the Marry The Night video.

Laurieann Gibson am cry

LOCK

I'm of the opinion that Heavy Metal Lover, Bloody Mary, and Government Hooker could do well as singles. But I'm a fan so....

Nemesis_

Rob Fusari has apparently announced he will be leaking some OLD GAGA tracks he produced with her.

x0C5F.png

For reminder, Fusari and Gaga split and the split was apparently quite messy.

He produced

"Again Again"
"Beautiful, Dirty, Rich"
"Brown Eyes"
"Disco Heaven"
"Paparazzi"
"Retro, Dance, Freak"
"Vanity"

• Gaga's people can stop the leaks, but Rob says otherwise, due to his ownership.
  • NEW song titles (Alone Now, Cut The Cake, Fabulesque)
  • Fusari recorded about 35 tracks with Gaga.
  • He's claiming to leak them by the end of this month.
  • Glitter & Grease length is 3:32

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
News is pouring in that the European leg of the tour starts in July - September

And she is performing in more Stadiums

Rumored dates
September 15 - Dublin, Ireland (Aviva Stadium)
September 22 - Paris, France (Stade de France)
September 29 - Antwerp, Belgium (Sportpaleis)

These places are huge
800px-Stade_de_France_2005.jpg

Now here is the thing can she really sell out these stadiums with just the success of Born This Way especially when MTN and You and I flopped over there? Is a new single coming already or will she release Sheisse?
PyZBi.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom