• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (Guardian of Light Sequel!) [PS4/XB1/PC]

hachi

Banned
Tip: don't mistakenly Google "Osiri" without the -s if looking for some imagery of the Egyptian God, without SafeFilter enabled, at work.

Blu(e)

From the look of the art posted, it's old Lara again. The first game was a great co-op game. Really excited for this.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Nice to see one of my favourite co op experiences EVER getting a sequel.
Some of those puzzles were absolutely amazing.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
There are 2 Tomb Raider games coming out, this and Rise of the Tomb Raider.
It's pretty funny that the only actual Tomb Raider game of the two doesn't even carry the name.

Bollocks

If you told me that the reveal trailer is using footage from guardian of light I would've believed you.

Gameplay wise doesn't look that different or anything substantially new.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Osiris??

ODB.jpg

Kelsey

Banned
Maybe you're a bit early with that one. Rise Of The Tomb Raider is focusing on Tomb Raiding according to info and is hopefully taking more influence from it's roots.

The trailer shown for it shows Lara hunting down a bad guy and putting an arrow through his head. Not very tomb raider-y imo.

jbttwin

The trailer shown for it shows Lara hunting down a bad guy and putting an arrow through his head. Not very tomb raider-y imo.

Killing people/things has always been a staple of the series, no?

Yes it has been.

Doesn't even pertain to the topic at hand anyways, though.

O.DOGG

Excellent news. The only thing bothering me is the 4 player co-op. I barely managed to get a single friend to play GoL with me, I don't know where I'll find two more.
But it's great news none the less. Looking forward to playing this.

Felensis

Banned
Nice!

Finished GoL twice in coop, but while the game was decently made and enjoyable it still has a lot of bugs and glitches at least on 360. We often had hard times playing it because of this.

ZoddGutts

Oh man just found out about this. Guardian of Light was easily one of the better games of 2010. Thank god were getting a good Tomb Raider game again.

Yes yes yes. Best co-op game of all time getting a sequel. Feed me straight into my face please. 4-players sounds good as well. Had to replay the game so many times just to play with different friends last time, and it honestly didn't have that much replay value in the long run :p

Excellent news. The only thing bothering me is the 4 player co-op. I barely managed to get a single friend to play GoL with me, I don't know where I'll find two more.
But it's great news none the less. Looking forward to playing this.
Actually, the devs said that like in GoL, the puzzles will adjust depending on the number of players. So if there are only 3 players (also factoring in the unique abilities of the characters), the levels will have a certain design different from if you have a different set of players or only two or just one.

All I really want from this is improved netcode. Wouldn't even mind if the jankyness stayed intact, because it was responsible for a lot of moment-to-moment comedy. If the same people are involved in making this, then I have the utmost faith it'll turn out to be just as great as the original.

Lime

I bet the story will be as ridiculous as GoL, especially when you consider how Lara's other companions this time around. Nevertheless, i loved the mechanics in the first one, so looking forward to this, much moreso than the soulless blockbuster hyperviolent bullshit we see in the current reboot.

Top Bottom