• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last day for the Smash Ballot votes!

Dereck

This is the third time that I've voted for Knuckles, it might be pointless, but I have the option so why not take the 40 seconds to type in some stuff?

I'm am the asshole who still hasn't submitted a single ballot. I hope they still take these end votes into consideration.

It's like Club Nintendo surveys. I will want to act write something well so I always put it off until I have time and forget about it.

I've failed you Wonder Red.

For those who haven't voted yet, can I recommend actually voting for a Nintendo character instead of wasting your vote on third party characters like Snake? People like Waluigi need your votes.

zulux21

For those who haven't voted yet, can I recommend actually voting for a Nintendo character instead of wasting your vote on third party characters like Snake? People like Waluigi need your votes.

fine fine...
*votes for midna*

if I thought there was any chance at all I would have voted for Phoenix Wright though as he was the sole reason I got Ultimate marval vs capcom.

Cramoss

TEAM, UNITE UP!!!!

1662051-0YZO29Y.gif

jRmrJH6.gif

did my part. voted wonder red! remember w101 is a nintendo ip. forget about waluigi or those other guys and vote for justice! #Team Unite Up!

ew no.

Voted for Krystal, Midna, Ridley and Knuckles since Dereck brought it up.

Mariolee

I'm genuinely interested in who will win. Sure the votes aren't completely fair since everyone can vote multiple times, but for the most part the most requested character wtihin reason will get into Smash.

I want to know who it is and how disappointed I should prepare to be.

zulux21

I support that choice fully.

meh I threw in a vote for the ace attorney anyways :p

some one is going to sigh if they read that lol

I am hoping they just do a full blown expansion with characters and stages and what not with the results of this and make it like a $20 add on for the wiiu version and included with the NX version if there is one.

jakomocha

I just realized how awesome it'd be if Maxwell from Scribblenauts was in Smash. Not only could he have an incredibly diverse and creative roster, but Nintendo characters have actually been in a Scribblenauts game before (Unlimited) and now it would be "his chance" to be in a Nintendo game.

I just voted for him, not that that'll do anything lol.

It's a long shot, but I had to support Volgarr the Viking. Just imagine it! He could throw spears at the side of the stage and then grab onto them as platforms!

Toad.T

Banned
Cast the votes in for:

1st Party:
Takamaru
Mike Jones
Andy (Advance Wars)
Wonder Red
Capitan Syrup
Issac

3rd party:
Bomberman
Shantae
Simon Belmont

Joke:
Goku

Majukun

voted for bayonetta, gengar , saki amamiya, Ray mk iii, ice climbers... don't know if there's still someone I forgotten

GamerJM

Banned
Who is Agent J? I forget.

I still wish that Ice Climbers would come back. Eskimo Joe, are you still alive?

I think no one want more Kid Icarus representative because we had three characters now. I think Medusa should get 4th spot in the future.

That Smashified is so ugly. I couldn't believe that they didn't do him justice. (I understand that it required a lot of works and times. I really appreciate that but his face really bothered me the most.
tumblr_mt2piebWCe1shn0vpo2_250.gif

Just voted for the Hunter from Monster Hunter.

This marks my votes thus:
- 2 votes for Bayonetta
- 1 vote for Wonder Red
- 1 vote for Solid Snake
- 1 vote for Hunter (MH)

This should be enough. Hopefully one of them gets in.

McNum

TEAM, UNITE UP!!!!

1662051-0YZO29Y.gif
ROGER!

Although I voted for him on day one. I want to see what they could do with the Unite Morphs for Smash, not to mention that there's no way Wonder Red's Final Smash would not be hilariously over the top and awesome.

Kicko

I should vote..

Also, surprised nobody wants Hades in

He's getting my vote even though he doesn't have a chance in hell lol.

Although, a part of me wants to see another female character on the roster. Bayonetta, Dixey Kong, Isabelle maybe?

I voted for Tetra and Lip.

The Zelda series is due a newcomer and while I think Impa and Tingle would be good choices as well as they appear across many Zelda games, I have to go with my heart and pick Tetra. She's got a lot of potential for a unique moveset, involving any kind of pirate weaponry. Her final smash could be a transformation into Toon Zelda where she could go around firing Light arrows at will. Obviously wouldn't be as strong as Zelda's or Sheik's but the ability to move while firing would make up for that. Or if they didn't want to implement Toon Zelda, her pirate friends could come in on her ship and start blowing shit up. She'd also complement Toon Link well, who sticks out a bit with the TP-inspired cast.

Voted for Lip just because Panel de Pon is fucking amazing and we were robbed of getting an accurate localisation of the game. She'd have her Flower wand as her main weapon but she could also have the power of summoning puzzle blocks, a bit like how Duck Hunt takes it's moves from other zapper games. In fact her final smash could become a mini session of Panel de Pon with the player dropping the pieces on the stage to get KOs. Could be an amazing character.

Baleoce

Voted for Shovel Knight and Isaac. Thought Shovel Knight would be cool, and it seemed to be gaining momentum at the time, so thought I'd help. Voted Isaac because they seem to neglect Golden Sun as a franchise a lot.

Nia

I hope you all did your part and voted for either ashley, viridi, or kumatora

Voted for Ashley three times on three different computers. I will vote for her one more time today. Even if it is in vain, I care not. I'm at least going to try.

Sponge

Banned
Threw in some votes for K. Rool and Dixie a few months ago.

I woundn't mind Banjo but I don't see Nintendo splitting revenue to Microsoft for the Amiibo he would get. I would prefer Yooka-Laylee if there game was out.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I'm all for Banjo, but I'm not sure if Nintendo would be okay with providing Microsoft with free advertising. That & the Amiibo licensing could get dicey.
Advertising for what though? Microsoft obviously hates everyone who likes collectathons so they have nothing that could get advertised this way. I agree Nintendo will probably not want to put Banjo in Smash, but they certainly need not fear advertising any real product for Microsoft. Also, they have a Street Fighter characer in, even though Street Fighter is PS4 exclusive and an actual product is about to release for PS4.

Tregard

Soothsayer
People should vote for whoever their wildest dream of a character is, this may be the only time Ninty give people the opportunity to directly suggest chatacters, so people should go wild rather than be sensible.

That's why my votes have gone to Banjo & Kazooie, Captain N and Bayonetta.

While I'd also love the likes of Paper Mario, Inkling, Midna and such in the game, I reckon they're much more likely to be picked anyway for later games than any of my choices, so better to double down on the absurd and hope for the best

Sorry, Wonder Red fans, keep reaching for the Rainbow!

Advertising for what though? Microsoft obviously hates everyone who likes collectathons so they have nothing that could get advertised this way. I agree Nintendo will probably not want to put Banjo in Smash, but they certainly need not fear advertising any real product for Microsoft. Also, they have a Street Fighter characer in, even though Street Fighter is PS4 exclusive and an actual product is about to release for PS4.

Yup, you're right.
It even was the same way with Snake in SSBB.
For those who didn't play the game he was basically a reminder that MGS4 was about to get released. It even had the Love Theme of MGS4 as a song in it. There has been no Metal Gear related game on a Nintendo console or handheld since Twin Snakes on the Gamecube and MGS3D was still far away at that point.

Characters in Smash are chosen not (only) because of their license holder, but (also) because of their suitability in the game.

Estellise

Crazy how long it's been up. Although my vote went to Daisy because I truthfully believe she's a princess worthy enough to at least be a smash candidate instead of a lousy color palette (especially since she's been in many games before Rosalina).

I'll be OK with just about anybody at this point. There's a list of characters I really want like Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Banjo, K. Rool, Shovel Knight etc. But every character I didn't expect so far has been great.

The only character I'd be mad about is any non-Goku anime character. Shit like Naruto has no place in this game (neither does Goku, but I'd be the least mad if he got in).

R00bot

I voted batman.

Yes, batman. Think about how awesome that would be. All the moves he would have. I know he's not a popular pick but I can dream, Harold.

Top Bottom