• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Guardian delayed

I'm actually okay with this, because that particular day got a little crowded with things I really want - World of Final Fantasy and Dark Souls 3 DLC.

So yeah, we have South Park, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Gravity Rush and Last Guardian in like a single week.

What gets delayed? Place your bets!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I almost hope it slips into 2017 at this point.
Just for the fun of it.

And just to be able to point to one of the ugliest 'big deal' PS4 games I've ever seen and say, "yup, that's a 2017 title, baby."

SxP

So close to Gravity Rush 2. They're different genres, but also both niche Japanese titles. Wonder if they'll have an effect on one another.

Sorcerer

Sony is really fucking with us at this point.

They should get Hello Games to implement whatever features are currently missing.

Shin-Ra

I don't think any of these missed their public release date.

Killzone: Shadow Fall
Knack
Doki-Doki Universe
Resogun
The Playroom
Infamous Second Son
LittleBigPlanet 3
MLB: The Show
SingStar: Ultimate Party
The Last of Us Remastered
CounterSpy
Entwined
Hohokum
Infamous First Light
Tearaway Unfolded
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Until Dawn
Alienation
Bound
Hardware: Rivals
Gravity Rush 2
RIGS Mechanized Combat League
The Playroom VR
PlayStation VR Worlds
The Modern Zombie Taxi Co
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

miku

qh8yIyh.gif

This is pretty funny lol

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Alright... I can't afford all the shit I want to buy this fall/winter anyway...

Your ignorance to the EDGE and IGN coverage before E3, E3 trailer and Gamespot gameplay makes me believe you didn't even bother to look for coverage.

The E3 trailer 2015 showed off nothing new. In fact the exact same gameplay for PS4 was demonstrated before on PS3. We got some glimpses of new stuff in 2016, but that actually didn't show that much more or anything different.

We as audience have barely seen anything more, than what we've seen in 2009. Sweet thing that the press has seen more, but then again, press already seen more of the game in the PS3 era.

DKHF

So yeah, we have South Park, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Gravity Rush and Last Guardian in like a single week.

What gets delayed? Place your bets!
Gravity Rush is the most likely now so I say that. Unless Sony really doesn't care about it the extent that they would release it within a week of another one of their own games (and another Japan Studio game).

It was already surrounded by the big fps games and skyrim. There is not really a free time to release the game this year but I reckon the people who buy ff15 and gr2 are the same people who were buying the last guardian in October. The delay is good for the game but probably bad for sales

No new release in October for me. Shame.

Alo0oy

Banned
Best news ever. Now I can play Dark Souls 3 DLC on day 1.

I never thought I'd be happy for a TLG delay, but I am!

3rdbass

Banned
Of course! What a joke Sony with their first party games and especially TLG. I'm definitely rethinking my pre-order limited edition but probably will keep it as there is not much I'm looking forward to this holiday season except for GR2 and the VR stuff. I hope this game holds up and they are just trying to tie up some last graphical enhancements.

December has some good games coming out like Deadrising 4, Gravity Rush 2, South Park: The Fractured But Whole and The Last Guardian. October is really crowded so I am not too upset with the delay.

When this many of their (Sony's) games are being delayed, it points to them really needing to reassess their teams and announcement schedules - at this point they need to do a cause analysis of the issue. At E3 this past June when many Sony's announced games notably had no release dates or release windows, it seems like they're trying to better manage their announcements.

I think the number of delays from Sony as a publisher at this point in the generation might actually be unprecedented; I can't think of another generation where a major publisher has had this many delays.

I don't think anything is wrong with delaying a game, but when so many games are being delayed it points to a systemic issue, that I would think the publisher would want to address. This generation the number of delays from all major publishers has been excessive; publishers need to better manager their marketing and announcements, and work closer with their developers on how they're progressing versus their expected timeline.

Shin-Ra

DerZuhälter;216656341 said:
The E3 trailer 2015 showed off nothing new. In fact the exact same gameplay for PS4 was demonstrated before on PS3. We got some glimpses of new stuff in 2016, but that actually didn't show that much more or anything different.

We as audience have barely seen anything more, than what we've seen in 2009. Sweet thing that the press has seen more, but then again, press already seen more of the game in the PS3 era.
Everything in the E3 2016 trailer is different so again you're showing your ignorance.

wapplew

Gravity Rush is the most likely now so I say that. Unless Sony really doesn't care about it the extent that they would release it within a week of another one of their own games (and another Japan Studio game).

GR2 will push up and take TLG slot, I tell you.

I guess I'm OK with this. I waited too long to play this. If its not ready dont release it. But seriously. What the fuck is the point in even having release dates anymore. Just fucking say a game is coming out eventaully and then slap a date on it a week before or something. Release dates are a fucking joke at this point.

Jingo

Delay , this is for the players!

Honestly, this excuse of improving experience is getting old when were talking about a month difference, they could be honest and just tell its a business decision, quantum break didnt upseted me with that information.

Top Bottom