• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - returns Feb 12th 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
still inaccessible in Canada. Weird. I hope they sort out whatever licensing issue they have. They will lose a substantial amount of viewers.

Mivey

still inaccessible in Canada. Weird. I hope they sort out whatever licensing issue they have. They will lose a substantial amount of viewers.
It's funny, but I never had issues seeing them in Austria. Is there any incentive to region-lock these things? I can't think of any.

gabbo

It's funny, but I never had issues seeing them in Austria. Is there any incentive to region-lock these things? I can't think of any.

Licensing issues with whoever distributes HBO Canada. They want you to use their portal to access the show and not Youtube.
I cannot believe people are trying to pass off these plans as better than what it is under the ACA, but they won't go near Universal coverage.

Hopefully politicians here (Canada) stop trying the boil the frog slowly method to get us to two-tier coverage

Wow, did nobody care about this video?

(I didn't watch it either)

I mean it was a fun interview, but it didn't really bring anything new to the table and sort of felt out place with the rest of the topics so far, but they probably had that interview lined up for a long time.

CazTGG

John and co. absolutely nailed how important France's election is and how we could see a LePen presidency due to general apathy among voters. Don't let another populist election happen.

Lautaro

John and co. absolutely nailed how important France's election is and how we could see a LePen presidency due to general apathy among voters. Don't let another populist election happen.

Should have mentioned the fact that LePen gets money from russian banks though. Shes not only a bigot and a demagogue, she's also another Putin's pawn.

Knurek

I found it weird that during the Spicer segment he didn't feature Ashley Parker, like, at all.
It's such a perfect summary of Spicer's verbal diarrhea...
giphy.gif

Joeku

I found it weird that during the Spicer segment he didn't feature Ashley Parker, like, at all.
It's such a perfect summary of Spicer's verbal diarrhea...

Maybe they felt like the internet taking hold of the biggest reaction gif since white man blinking did it for them. The show taking several days to report and comment on a subject at least means they don't just repeat jokes I've seen before, thankfully.

Edit: god I love how uncomfortable long that gif is.

Keasar

Oh god I felt my brain wanting to fucking escape during that Fox & Friends segment.

Playing some shitty music ontop of a bombing footage followed by their verbal messy orgasm all over their microphones about how "bombing bad guys is freedom" and "the red, white and blue".

I fucking hate Fox News so much.

sangreal

even when I used to watch fox news, I couldn't stomach fox and friends. it is by far the worst and most damaging show in all of television

...and they give marching orders to the president every morning

CazTGG

Should have mentioned the fact that LePen gets money from russian banks though. Shes not only a bigot and a demagogue, she's also another Putin's pawn.

That's certainly important when you consider Le Pen's opposition to the EU and her desire to end the EU's sanctions against Russia, but it's paltry when compared to her vile rhetoric and policies on immigration. Le Pen isn't a pawn so much as she is a useful idiot like Trump has demonstrated himself to be.

CazTGG

Tonight's main story was John and co. firing on all cylinders with regards to climate change. In the past week, I have not seen such a thorough evisceration of the imbecile of a president who peddles around lies about the subject and pulled out of the Paris Agreement. It's easily their best piece in a while.

Bravo.

Ottaro

Tonight's main story was John and co. firing on all cylinders with regards to climate change. In the past week, I have not seen such a thorough evisceration of the imbecile of a president who peddles around lies about the subject and pulled out of the Paris Agreement. It's easily their best piece in a while.

Bravo.

I was really hoping that would be the main subject. I can't wait to watch.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Holy Fuck I lost it at the Main Story and the comments below:

"2 feet Bucket fucked an amazon Echo"

"Thatcher in the Rye"

Lord Buckethead: "... Against 27 Prime Ministers from the European Union, it will be a SHITSHOW!"
I fucking Howled Laugh so hard at that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom