• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest EDGE Scores (MGS4, LostWinds, Haze etc)

Cover:Mad World

Hype

Killzone 2
Guitar Hero 4
Pure
Maifa 2
Mercenaries 2
Bourne Conspiracy
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
World of Goo
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
Pixeljunk Eden
Silent Hill Homecoming
Siren:New Translation
Rise of the Argonauts
Battleforge
Cryostasis

Features

Alpha Protocol
Platinum Games
Burnout Dlc
Net Yaroze Interviews
Runescape

Reviews

Metal Gear Solid 4 8
Haze (5)
Grid (9)
Lego Indiana Jones (6)
Boom Blox 8
Civilzation Revolution 8
Lostwinds 8
Baroque (5)
Iron Man (2)
Soul Bubbles (7)
Noitu Love 2 (7)
Track and Field (7)
1942: Joint Strike (4)
Commando 3 (6)

Region Specific: Singapore

Time Extend: Star Fox 64

The Making of: Carmageddon

Source: Gamesradar forum

Manager

Awesome to see the Civilization Revolution score. People have been writing it off after some negative previews, but hopefully this means it's pretty good after all.

Roxas

The cover story is about MadWorld, by the guys who made Okami, and it looks fucking awesome.

And about the MGS4 score, it really is dificult to find some positive points from their review.

Hunahan

Banned
batbeg said:
I had no idea this was even close to release. I need to look into it, I guess.
All the retailers are still listing it as early July, so I'm not sure what's going on with review copies being sent out. Maybe it got pushed forward?

flipping_heck said:
1942: Joint Strike (4)
Huh.

Wonder what happened there.

rakka said:
i was banned for this
Kinda makes you wonder why people still do it.
What do they say about mgs? So far from what was said in the official thread, they pointed out that cut scenes are long and that there's multiple installs.

I see all these places giving mgs4 10s and all these others giving it 8s and I don't really give a shit. I just hope sales go up because of all this controversy.

Extra stuff:

Region Specific: Singapore

Time Extend:
Star Fox 64

The Making of:
Carmageddon

Shud be interesting reading the making of Carmageddon :p

Amarox

akachan ningen said:
I see all these places giving mgs4 10s and all these others giving it 8s and I don't really give a shit. I just hope sales go up because of all this controversy.
What? There is nothing wrong with an Edge or Eurogamer 8.

akachan ningen said:

Sorry I missed that.

beef3483

Probably too many cutscenes.

akachan ningen said:

All fixed now.

Cdammen

flipping_heck said:
Civilzation Revolution 8
Cool. I'll be buying this. Haven't really played a Civ game to completion because of the complexity and open-endedness but I've heard that this game was more streamlined and missed some of the micro management that drove me crazy in the third game.

And WTF @ people getting upset about a score. It isn't stopping you from buying the game so why should you care? You guys already made up your minds.

You haven't played the game but you automatically think it deserves 10s all across the board? I fucking hate the gaming discussion forum sometimes. The same shit for every major release.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It looks like a 5 is actually an average score, and not a 7 like in most publications. You could probably add 1 to every score to get the IGN equivalent.

eso76

Kagari said:
8. So did MGS2.

oh, ok, so that confirms edge scores are based on something else than the games quality.

mgs3 = best game last gen and one of the best games ever.
also MGS3 >>>>>>>>>>>>> MGS2

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
ThirdEye said:
GRID > MGS4

:lol

isn't this bannable nowadays?

anyways back on topic:
i've already prepared myself for this score from EDGE and since all MGS games have scored the same i'm ok... although the hungry Fanboy inside of me (i don't feed him much) still wished for at least a 9, i mean come ON people
it's final chapter of snake's saga.

tbh, i was expecting a 9 from EDGE, especially given the amount of coverage that the game received in the past, what with exclusive interviews and sneak peeks and stuff.

That said, 8 is a great score, should be worth looking into, and despite not hitting the 9/10, shouldn't deter gamers from buying the game.

Roxas

Thrakier said:
What do they say about mgs?

- Opening act is the best part
- Not a game for MGS outsiders
- two cut-scenes near the 90 minute mark
- The Beauty and the Beast Unit are in the shadow of the MGS3 Cobra Unit.
- Camera flow effortless between 1st and 3rd person view
- Control system has "at last" the ideal balance of intuitvness and range.
- Game can be played for months rather than days.
- MGS4 is not the game it could of been, nor the game it should have been if you believed the early trailers (??)
- But is very faithful to its fans and delivers without equal in so many ways.

Top Bottom