• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Law & Order To Air An Episode Inspired By #Gamergate February 11

So I'm a crazy person and love all things Law & Order, as such I tend to judge individual episodes against others in the same season/series/whatever...

Strictly by that criteria this is one SVU ass SVU episode and I love it.

K.Sabot

So I'm a crazy person and love all things Law & Order, as such I tend to judge individual episodes against others in the same season/series/whatever...

Strictly by that criteria this is one SVU ass SVU episode and I love it.

I never watch SVU, is it always this crazy?

Law and Order vanilla could be decently sensible at times, I used to watch around the time Anthony Anderson was on it.

Crocodile

Huh? Did he shoot that gun out of the other guy's hand?

Well with 5 minutes left at least it looks like they are playing things straight

"Were you camping back there?"

UGH

Riposte

Right, that's what I mean. Now they're showing stuff that there's real danger of actually happening and it's terrifying.

I haven't been following it recently, but has there been any instance of physical harassment or assault? That seems like quite the escalation. Worst I heard is swatting or swatting attempts anyway.

Wish I could watch this right now, sounds like a riot.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just another shit phoned-in script from a guy that has no clue and did an hours worth of research jotting down keywords and recurring topics from internet headlines. SVU used to be good, but they have been on the air far too long. This shit undermines itself.

Skux

Holy shit I could have written this. It's like they just pillaged Urban Dictionary for "gamer lingo" and threw it in without even thinking about how it's used.

K.Sabot

The worst piece of television I've seen in a long time and I'm watching The Slap tomorrow.

wraps around into samurai cop territory though

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
That was something else.

Dick-wolf-TCA-january-2010-2.jpg
SVU is at its worst when they try to model it after current issues.

AGITΩ

Anyone else have to take a shot for everytime they cringed or the dialog was so bad they laughed? Cuz i think my liver might be gone...

Aeana

I haven't been following it recently, but has there been any instance of physical harassment or assault? That seems like quite the escalation. Worst I heard is swatting or swatting attempts anyway.

Wish I could watch this right now, sounds like a riot.

Maybe you can't relate. Since the start of GG, as a woman in a prominent position on a site that constantly being brought up as an enemy of the movement, and as a target of a fair amount of harassment because of that position, I've had a lot of fears in the back of my mind, and watching this episode has given some of those fears form. It doesn't matter whether anyone has actually been a physical victim of violence. Threats cause terror on their own. There's the chance that someone will actually be crazy enough to execute something in real life, and that's terrifying. I'm sure it's a big joke to you and lots of other people, but it's not to me, and I'm not even remotely close to a primary target. I can't even begin to imagine what others are going through.

ffdgh

AGITΩ;151692482 said:
Anyone else have to take a shot for everytime they cringed or the dialog was so bad they laughed? Cuz i think my liver might be gone...

The random first person camera perspective near the end.

I've got to say this did a terrible fucking job of showing off the whole GG thing since the way they did it made it sorta feel like an isolated incident and was cringeworthy for the most part.

Also no fucking court case which is generally my favorite part of law and order.

Just another shit phoned-in script from a guy that has no clue and did an hours worth of research jotting down keywords and recurring topics from internet headlines. SVU used to be good, but they have been on the air far too long. This shit undermines itself.

That's how Law & Order is tho, even when it was good. Always broadstrokes, always peppering lingo. In the mid to late 90's it was the internet and messageboards withDet. Curtis providing translation for Det. Brisco. And when it comes to stuff that is "ripped from the healdlines" they always have that thing that's close to the real thing, but not quite but it's always "Like {real thing x} but more extreme" and tonight it was called Red Chan.

TheOGB

Banned
So uh this character just got sexually assaulted in a bathroom and the female cop goes to help her and she's like

"these guys just can't stand women in gaming."
"what did they do to you?"
(touching bloodstained mouth) "they leveled up..."

ARE YOU SERIOUS
oh shit she just said she won't make the same mistake Sony did.

LMAOOOOO
GAME ON NYPD
"Level Completed"

...why
"Does he play videogames?"
"Yes."
"WHERE? WHERE DOES HE PLAY?"

L M A O
Yo, those dudes raped her on a live stream. Yo. This ain't funny no more. This crap could actually happen to someone.
Did I just hear "rape is a mod at level 16"?
Were you camping back there?
I'm mad my TV's acting up again but I'm really glad I wasn't able to see this shit in context

Roto13

Maybe you can't relate. Since the start of GG, as a woman in a prominent position on a site that constantly being brought up as an enemy of the movement, and as a target of a fair amount of harassment because of that position, I've had a lot of fears in the back of my mind, and watching this episode has given some of those fears form. It doesn't matter whether anyone has actually been a physical victim of violence. Threats cause terror on their own. There's the chance that someone will actually be crazy enough to execute something in real life, and that's terrifying. I'm sure it's a big joke to you and lots of other people, but it's not to me, and I'm not even remotely close to a primary target. I can't even begin to imagine what others are going through.

The only reason anyone is still going "Oh, it's just threats, though" is because that guy who was racing to Brianna Wu's house with a gun flipped his car on the way there.

Skux

Well they were right about one thing... we do worship developers and industry executives as gods lol

Based Dorito Pope, Gaben, and Kojima...

remz

The only reason anyone is still going "Oh, it's just threats, though" is because that guy who was racing to Brianna Wu's house with a gun flipped his car on the way there.

Yeah... pretty much feel the same way. That was so close to being an awful situation. Shit IRL is probably going to bubble over dangerously and for real sometime soon.

Don't really think the Gamergate threats should be taken so lightly...

Azure J

My Twitter was blowing up through this entire episode. It sounds like I missed something special. Haven't followed SVU in a long while though.

It scares me to think someone might be seriously hurt or killed in all this. I don't want to live in that world.

Top Bottom