• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Law & Order To Air An Episode Inspired By #Gamergate February 11

Makes me wonder whether they saw some of the tweets calling Anita a "paki" and went all "India's next to Pakistan! Let's give our 100% fictional character the surname Punjabi!"

Lol all they had to do was google for a last name. The worst part is though they didn't even bother to try and pronounce it right.

Can anyobdy post some of other good SVU episodes that are based on real events? Atrocious crime dramas are a big time guilty pleasure and I think SVU is still on Netflix.

Someone who works on the show was texting me pics of the script a couple weeks ago when they were filming and it looks pretty terrible. My favorite is instead of the Zoe Quinnita Sarkeesian type character sparking the whole movement with the Five Guys Burgers and Fries thing, she has sex with with one guy who's her publisher... And also her fiancé.

They also turn to Ice-T as the resident gaming expert.

needs more tag team hacking

ncis-stereo-typing-o.gif

Producers-Directors have no shame, really...

Reminds me that one show where they tried to beat Prince of Persia to unlock some hackers files, and the Detective was talking about how he could do it because he still had his star wars costume in his mom's basement etc. And then as he's playing, they cut to some girl who's like pretending to play the game with an imaginary controller and they give it to her and she easily beats the game. So cringe worthy though. Does anyone remember the show?

Let's see how they portray this episode though. Haven't really kept up with the GamerGate news beyond how the early days of how it started. Is it still relevant or no? They shouldn't try and portray both sides as equal either. That's the biggest problem. People pretend both sides have equal say. GamerGate is largely harassment for the women in gaming. There is no redeeming quality to the GamerGate movement no matter how deluded they think they are, or that they're saving games journalism.

The show you have in mind is Life. And that episode is by a good margin the worst of them all...

Corgi

Banned
never seen svu, but is it the 'csi miami' of law and order? I remember law and order being a bit more serious about stuff.

Facism

All i heard was "Random Poonjabi."

What the fuck.

[edit]ok 30 seconds later someone with a good voice says her name again thank god.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Surprised they didn't go full on stereotypical female nerd for the victim.
never seen svu, but is it the 'csi miami' of law and order? I remember law and order being a bit more serious about stuff.

SVU is generally pretty somber with it's presentation. They don't go for many moments of levity like NCIS or CSI.

Oersted

Someone who works on the show was texting me pics of the script a couple weeks ago when they were filming and it looks pretty terrible. My favorite is instead of the Zoe Quinnita Sarkeesian type character sparking the whole movement with the Five Guys Burgers and Fries thing, she has sex with with one guy who's her publisher... And also her fiancé.

They also turn to Ice-T as the resident gaming expert.

Oh no. This is going to be really bad.

Carcetti

They're gonna be really excited when the twist is that NotAnita sent the threats to herself to drum up publicity. Or her business partner did it.

If anything is to be learned from the SVU, the plot turns out to have the worst possible result for humanity at large... so that sounds like the probable plan. In the trailers when they introduced "Anita's" SO and business partner it sounded immediately suspicious as hell. Why even have him there if he's not set up for baddie part?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
It's on.

Wait, Cragen and Munch are gone...

What's the point? I never found Oliva all that interesting on her own.
NBC has nothing left, so they're just holding onto mere threads at this point.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
"They leveled up"

Oh... my... god.

MechaX

Not even 5 minutes into the episode.

"A female gamer!"

"We don't want you here!"

This... is not going to be good.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So uh this character just got sexually assaulted in a bathroom and the female cop goes to help her and she's like

"these guys just can't stand women in gaming."
"what did they do to you?"
(touching bloodstained mouth) "they leveled up..."

ARE YOU SERIOUS

aly

So uh this character just got sexually assaulted in a bathroom and the female cop goes to help her and she's like

ARE YOU SERIOUS

Lmao. Good ole SVU.

Wait, Cragen and Munch are gone...

What's the point? I never found Oliva all that interesting on her own.

Nooo Cragen and Munch were amazing :(

Steel

Banned

ARE YOU SERIOUS

What the fuck? I watch law & order every now and then and was thinking about catching this episode, but now I'm definitely not going to bother. Ugh...

Top Bottom