• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lawbreakers content roadmap detailed for 2017

They should probably do a 50% discount to coincide with a big content update or something. Without going F2P that's the only real way I could see it rekindling it's playerbase.

If they can bring it to the Xbox I will give the game a shot. I have seen gameplay footage and it looks like a pretty solid game. The price isn't bad either.

If NMS can rebound into a successful game so can LawBreakers.

I don't know dude....NMS sold ALOT during its launch and doesn't require an active online community to function.....

The PvP only nature of Lawbreakers means that the health of the game is dependent on the numbers of players playing it at any moment.

For the current players sake, i hope they add bots so that even if the community is 'dead', at least those who bought it can still play it against bots.

See if they had Deathmatches at launch i would have been in
The-Will-Saga-Lying-Cat-a.jpg

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I suspect this game is now just on such a downward spiral that nothing beyond a miracle could turn around.

First impressions last and in a world where there are tonnes of high quality games (let alone shooters) vying for our dollars and our time, a rocky launch with bad PR/WoM can sink a game before it even launches.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
At this point I don't see how they come back from this, the game has essentially become a joke and who wants to buy a game that is known for having less than 100 people playing at a time?

xabbott

Whenever they come to xbox they should really try for GWG. Also, this seems like the perfect candidate for console cross play.

Jigorath

Banned
Hard to justify paying $30 for a game that's probably going F2P pretty soon. I will try it when that happens though. The game does look quality.

Sloane

Banned
Is there a reason for why so many people seem to be gloating about how badly this game is doing? From what I've seen, it looks pretty fun and the devs still seem to put a lot of work into it considering the updates...?

sirap

Is there a reason for why so many people seem to be gloating about how badly this game is doing? From what I've seen, it looks pretty fun and the devs still seem to put a lot of work into it considering the updates...?

GAF hates Cliffyb

CliffyB made fun of Gaf on twitter, gaf and some mods are taking some solace in this event (ie: the mod thread title edit on the concurrent player count in that other lawbreaker thread, making sure everyone see how the game is falling)

forrest

formerly nacire
*I'll remove my smarmy comment and just say I hope the best for the game and its player base. It definitely looks like a fun shooter. It just isn't where my current interests are.

Maps look great. I hope their efforts to increase the user base pan out because I really enjoy the game. Not hoping for it to be huge or anything but even a thousand concurrent players daily peak would be enough for me to find games easily and I'm fine with that.

NMS had a fuck ton of hype and was appearing at E3 conferences on the big stage. LawBreakers had none of that. The game was invisible not too long after it was announced.

Maybe they'll hope for some kind of Rainbow Six Siege success, although it's obviously already a lot, LOT worse than that ever was at launch.

Ploid 3.0

Agreed. The Enforcer class alone is way more fun and exhilarating than most characters in overwatch and paladins tbh

Welp, expect Blizzard to borrow that idea for a character.

I tried to give Battleborne a good chance, but I couldn't deal with the waiting on games. Even when a game started the different steps before the game load annoyed me (they could cut down some of those timers).

Pooya

I can see the game becoming really cheap like csgo but not going f2p.

Maybe the game is doing a lot better on PS4? We have no idea right? Seemingly they're putting a lot of work into this game still. Surely they know better how many players they have left.

Bluth54

I can see the game becoming really cheap like csgo but not going f2p.

Maybe the game is doing a lot better on PS4? We have no idea right? Seemingly they're putting a lot of work into this game still. Surely they know better how many players they have left.

CSGO is only $15, that's half the price of Lawbreakers but not that much cheaper. I doubt a $15 price point will do much for this game.

A developer post shows that the PS4 version has a smaller player base than PC.

It says below the chart dark blue is PS4 and the light blue is PC. The light blue graph is higher.

It is the combined graph, colors just indicate what platform the players come from.

If you don't think so, you can cross check that post with Steamcharts to see that August 21 was around 1000 concurrent peak for the PC.

I'm honestly surprised they're still bothering. Good on them for trying I guess.

Honestly, I think there's no saving it. I'm sure it's got good fundamentals gameplay wise, but it's just too late to the party, not really got anything unique enough to set itself apart, and there's no getting away from how bland and uninteresting the character and overall world designs are.

It just feels like a game stuck in the muddy brown dirge of last gens sensibilities, and no amount of updates or free weekends are going to wash that stink off it.

This game is stuck in the "I can't buy this game unless more people buy it" catch-22 death spiral.

I can't justify spending for a multiplayer-only game that looks like it won't make it into 2018.

Bluth54

It is the combined graph, colors just indicate what platform the players come from.

If you don't think so, you can cross check that post with Steamcharts to see that August 21 was around 1000 concurrent peak for the PC.

Ah okay. Still not great numbers but better than I thought.

Cynn

If they can bring it to the Xbox I will give the game a shot. I have seen gameplay footage and it looks like a pretty solid game. The price isn't bad either.

It should hit Xbox as the game turns free to play. (Theoretically) Cliff thought PS4 would be a unicorn for the game. If he likes it or not, most of the people who know and like his work are on Xbox.

CliffyB and GAF as a whole don't like him.

CliffyB also while marketing this game made fun of other fanbases.

Top Bottom