• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers is coming to PS4 this year, will cost $30 on PC/PS4

Unknown?

I don't feel like the number has been really high one way or another. Especially since MS introduced game preview.
Off the top of my head: Paragon, Killing Floor 2, FF14, War Thunder. It's funny because Xbox used to have the advantage of PC developers favoring them. That said I could see this coming to Xbox over time but who knows.

Kusagari

Good to see. I liked what I played of it on PC but I'm just to inept at keyboard and mouse to be any decent at it with them.

Budi

When did you play? What classes? In need of polish is something i havent heard from a single person in the community.

Yeah, I haven't played that much myself since I was awful at it. This isn't a game like Overwatch where even I can immediately do good. But it played really great, I don't know either what that "need of polish" is supposed to mean. I played it 3 months ago.

The Alpha I played ages ago was awful. None of the classes felt right, rockets weren't accurate, you couldn't really deal damage effectively.

Since the closed betas I honestly couldn't believe how hard they turned it around. All the classes are fun as shit to play now and I can't wait for the full game.

Definitely a PC shooter at heart but glad the console guys get to enjoy it too.

Yeah, I haven't played that much myself since I was awful at it. This isn't a game like Overwatch where even I can immediately do good. But it played really great, I don't know either what that "need of polish" is supposed to mean. I played it 3 months ago.

Same. I'm shit at it and the skill ceiling is miles above OverWatch... but the thing plays and looks gorgeous. It's visually and gameplay wise up there with any modern COD or above. This closed beta 2 (this past weekend) really sold me on the game.

Interfectum

Kinda surprised it's going to be a paid game and on PS4. Sounds like there was some development shifts over the past year or so.

This posted?
NJ8ChcJ.png

Getting a bit tired of games still not ending up on Xbox. It remains to be seen with this one, but this fucking sucks. Would be a perfect game for the console too.

Read on Reddit that the team is quite small, would make the decision to opt for PS4 perfectly understandable. Are they that small?

Kayant

This posted?
NJ8ChcJ.png

Getting a bit tired of games still not ending up on Xbox. It remains to be seen with this one, but this fucking sucks.
I mean they are a small studio Cliffy B has mentioned this in the past they have been in talks with both companies and as seen Sony was who they managed to finish their talks with first.
https://mobile.twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/637394356190728192

That or more people have been vocal about a PS4 version or many other possibilities. It's not like they have said they never coming, this is what they are about to do now, other things will appear with time.

People are always to quick to be too judgemental or cynical about these things(Not aimed at you just a general thought).

Tagyhag

This posted?
NJ8ChcJ.png

Getting a bit tired of games still not ending up on Xbox. It remains to be seen with this one, but this fucking sucks. Would be a perfect game for the console too.

Read on Reddit that the team is quite small, would make the decision to opt for PS4 perfectly understandable. Are they that small?

Lol "bias".

Fanboys are the worst, the Xbox One could have sold 1000 systems lifetime and people would still cry "OMG PAID OFF" if it didn't come out on the Xbox.

xabbott

Off the top of my head: Paragon, Killing Floor 2, FF14, War Thunder. It's funny because Xbox used to have the advantage of PC developers favoring them. That said I could see this coming to Xbox over time but who knows.

Yea, I was saying though since game preview Xbox had stuff like elite, ark, astroneer, Roblox, etc. I'm sure Sony had more it just seems like it hasn't been as huge of a difference.

Gameplay looks decent but that $30 price tag is going to be a population barrier for sure. It seems strange because there are so many systems in place that would seem to point to F2P with all the cosmetics and such.

I know Blizzard is doing well OW while having a buy-in price but any game with the Blizzard name is going to have a huge launch population, so they just have to make sure the game itself is great. Even if LawBreakers is great they'll need to get people to try it first. And in a sea of F2P shooters, I'm not sure if they'll hit that mark.

When they announced they would go from F2P to B2P people were nodding in agreement and saying around $40 would be fine. Now that it's $30 it should have been F2P lol.

But okay that was one year ago, OW came out since then and the F2P Paladins has been doing well too.

Kinda surprised it's going to be a paid game and on PS4. Sounds like there was some development shifts over the past year or so.

They announced it at last year's GDC. Basically they couldn't decide what kind of F2P model it would have, didn't want to go down a bad route and saw core gamers in general have a negative reception when they hear 'F2P'. Also when it was still F2P they noticed the focus was on how they could make money instead of how do they make a great game.

When they announced they would go from F2P to B2P people were nodding in agreement and saying around $40 would be fine. Now that it's $30 it should have been F2P lol.

But okay that was one year ago, OW came out since then and the F2P Paladins has been doing well too.

It's not that the price is too high or anything like that. It's that there are quality games of a similar-ish vein that already have a population and are F2P. People will definitely buy this game but the concern is whether enough people will buy it. Quake especially is quite similar and has IP pedigree.

I mean they are a small studio Cliffy B has mentioned this in the past they have been in talks with both companies and as seen Sony was who they managed to finish their talks with first.
https://mobile.twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/637394356190728192

That or more people have been vocal about a PS4 version or many other possibilities. It's not like they have said they never coming, this is what they are about to do now, other things will appear with time.

People are always to quick to be too judgemental or cynical about these things(Not aimed at you just a general thought).

Yep it's definitely possible. Doesn't seem to be exclusive, they would have said so. Wonder when it releases on PS4 and hopefully will only be a few months until Xbox gets it too. I'd love to play something like this with my friends.

Lol "bias".

Fanboys are the worst, the Xbox One could have sold 1000 systems lifetime and people would still cry "OMG PAID OFF" if it didn't come out on the Xbox.

Fanboys? Just because I want it on my system of choice and because I would love to see many more games releasing on it that for some reason still haven't? Please do explain yourself.

Nothing fanboy about my post.

xabbott

I wonder how the population will work out. Titanfall fell quick. It still has players of course but you know. Creates a chicken and egg situation where I end up holding off on these smaller MP titles.

I don't know how this will really work out for them. I guess they didn't want to compete with other F2P shooters in a way? They also under priced it from bigger games.

I suppose it makes sense.
Isn't Paladins free on PS4?

Yeah it's a pure F2P game.

I've been following this game since it was announced and it's always looked like a blast, but I don't game on a PC. It seems based on the announcement that it's likely a PS4 marketing deal, "timed" exclusive type deal. Cliff is being barraged on Twitter about an Xbox version and he tweeted, "nothing says we can't do it later"

Consideration Blezinski's history with Xbox and his delight that Gears of War would never be coming to PlayStation - this all seems rather surprising.

Damn he actually was that anti PS back in the day then?

I would say the reason that Sony is market leader and them being a small studio is a valid enough reason to prioritize PS4 first. But who knows.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It's not that the price is too high or anything like that. It's that there are quality games of a similar-ish vein that already have a population and are F2P. People will definitely buy this game but the concern is whether enough people will buy it. Quake especially is quite similar and has IP pedigree.

LB has style to it. Maybe newcomers will grab onto it because of how it looks. I think it looks better than Blacklight for example. If I was inclined to buy either Blacklight or LB I'd probably buy LB.

I think marketing will help them out a lot, especially on console. I personally think the Killer Instict mode would help. 1 class free, limited map trial, etc. that's just a thought

I've played a bunch of this, it's really fun. Reminds me a lot of UT, especially the CTF mode.

There is no CTF mode lol. Blitzball is neutral bomb assault... then overcharge where you take a neutral battery to your base and hold it for a while until it charges and scores.

Did you mean one of those?

Arklite

They announced it at last year's GDC. Basically they couldn't decide what kind of F2P model it would have, didn't want to go down a bad route and saw core gamers in general have a negative reception when they hear 'F2P'. Also when it was still F2P they noticed the focus was on how they could make money instead of how do they make a great game.

Yeah, the narrative switched on them over time, and it also doesn't help that LB has been in and out of the spotlight constantly, which hasn't helped it build a stronger following either.

border

Definitely looking forward to gameplay impressions. Hope it plays smoothly.

I think the smoothness will be there. But a game where you're meant to be in constant motion across large vertical spaces will probably be a challenge for most people with dual analogs. The fact that the game was designed for PC and then quickly shuffled to a console is not exactly encouraging.

Lol "bias".

Yeah but it didn't sold 1000 systems, it solds tens of millions, and it's a platform that make billions each year, nothing unreaseable to ask for xbox support.

Rembrandt

Banned
I think the smoothness will be there. But a game where you're meant to be in constant motion across large vertical spaces will probably be a challenge for most people with dual analogs. The fact that the game was designed for PC and then quickly shuffled to a console is not exactly encouraging.

It definitely came across as kind of a twitch shooter and I never had the chance to try it on PC. May not be an issue looking at TF, though.

I tend to always enjoy games(multiplayer wise) that Cliffy spearheads . I can't wait to play it. Even though it's not F2P there are few games outside of Overwatch that have the fast paced fluidity that a game like Unreal delivers while still delivering great production values. With Quake Champions and Unreal still in limbo in terms of release date this will have to fill that void(I hope all 3 don't release close to each other..... I don't want to choose)

Top Bottom