• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers is coming to PS4 this year, will cost $30 on PC/PS4

LordofPwn

hope they add keyboard and mouse support for the ps4 version.
I own a mac and a PS4, don't @ me. UT3 on ps3 supported kb+m right?

Hyun Sai

Good luck ! With Overwatch BTP and Paladin FTP, Lawbreakers will need it.

It's just like Overwatch, except it's an arena shooter and plays nothing like Overwatch. Why are we comparing this to Overwatch?

They compared fucking Battleborn to Overwatch, what did you expect ^^

LB has style to it. Maybe newcomers will grab onto it because of how it looks. I think it looks better than Blacklight for example. If I was inclined to buy either Blacklight or LB I'd probably buy LB.

I think marketing will help them out a lot, especially on console. I personally think the Killer Instict mode would help. 1 class free, limited map trial, etc. that's just a thought

Quake is going to be the biggest competitor to LB, I'd think.

NeoRaider

Are ppl seriously comparing this to Overwatch too??
I played few matches in beta and it's nothing like Overwatch. Pls just stop!

Tagyhag

Fanboys? Just because I want it on my system of choice and because I would love to see many more games releasing on it that for some reason still haven't? Please do explain yourself.

Nothing fanboy about my post.

Nah you're fine, it's the YouTube post I was laughing at.

Yeah but it didn't sold 1000 systems, it solds tens of millions, and it's a platform that make billions each year, nothing unreaseable to ask for xbox support.

Yes but assuming that the ONLY reason it didn't come out on the Xbox was bias is stupid. Especially since this is goddamn CliffyB.

Like Gears of War doesn't exist.

Yeah but it didn't sold 1000 systems, it solds tens of millions, and it's a platform that make billions each year, nothing unreaseable to ask for xbox support.

Lmao if they want the game then go pay the developers to port it. Obviously there's a reason why it's coming to the PS4 first. But if the first that comes to your mind oh Sony paid so that it won't come to other systems is just bullshit.

Kayant

Yep it's definitely possible. Doesn't seem to be exclusive, they would have said so. Wonder when it releases on PS4 and hopefully will only be a few months until Xbox gets it too. I'd love to play something like this with my friends.
Yh I wouldn't be too worried unless the game is a complete failure or something there it will definitely come to XB1 I bet at some point.

eggandI

Banned
Played the beta the other day and it was so fucking fun. This game wasnt on my radar at all before but now i cant wait till it's out

Might've checked it if it was for free, but I'm definitely not paying for something that looks slightly above average.

It looks good and I'd rather pay than be nickel and dimed for every little thing. It's such a turnoff. Tried playing paladins last night and I couldn't stand it

Mikey Jr.

Wow, pretty cool. Just saw a bunch of playstation trailers in my YouTube sub.

Im in. 30 is a great price.

Did they detail maps though? Free or paid?

Yh I wouldn't be too worried unless the game is a complete failure or something there it will definitely come to XB1 I bet at some point.

Yeah true. Plus I think I read it here or Reddit that CliffyB apparently said that just because there is no Xbox version now doesn't mean it can't happen later. Something along those lines.

Hopefully not a year after it though, just a few months. But we'll see, we don't even have a concrete release date for PS4 yet.

KyleCross

I was hoping this would come to PS4! But wait, it's not F2P? That is really disappointing, especially because my group of friends probably won't play it now.

Ryuuga

Banned
I have to say $30 is a fair price. I got bored of it really quickly during the beta though and I didn't like the general art direction.

Lol "bias".

Fanboys are the worst, the Xbox One could have sold 1000 systems lifetime and people would still cry "OMG PAID OFF" if it didn't come out on the Xbox.

Your reply makes you sound exactly like the people you are shaming.

Btw is this game online only or can it be played offline?

Boss Key is still a relatively small team, can't fault them for going with the larger install base in PS4 first. Taking on 2 console ports at the same time is a heck of undertaking and I don't think they have the capital to outsource it at the moment.

is all the grunting and moaning normal? i dont remember any shooter game that was like this

it looked interesting though, i hope they put a PS+ trial or something

mas8705

All I can recall about this was how Geoffy did say something along the lines of how "I never said Lawbreakers was never going to be coming to consoles." Nice to know that almost two years later, that possibility has changed, although who knows what it is going to look like when we see it.

Perhaps next month, we'll get those details?

KonradLaw

I hope they will rebalance the game differently between platforms. This seems like the kind of the game that would be dead on PC if they force it to play like PS4 version.

Madness

https://mobile.twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/866707251779612672

I mean when someone so high up at Xbox writes they have no clue about Lawbreakers and probably were not pursuing it, why be surprised. Microsoft was the king of moneyhatting early next gen and have deep deep pockets, far deeper than Sony's. Nothing has stopped them from doing the same.

You would think after Destiny which got exclusive one year content like strikes, games like SFV avoiding Xbox altogether, and many other games, they would see what harm they are doing to the brand. People like Phil Spencer said they stopped doing 3rd party marketing deals to focus on their first party IP. And yet MCC was the worst launched game ever, Halo 5 was barebones, Gears 4 was decent, but aside from Forza, what has been amazing of the first party?

PS4 version should play well. At only $29.99 this is a great price. Excited to see what CliffyB has been upto.

Rembrandt

Banned
Who's GAF though

Well, snoozer or whatever his name is that literally just reposts the Playstation blog here for multiplatform games causing us to look them up to see if they're available elsewhere, too.

I mean when someone so high up at Xbox writes they have no clue about Lawbreakers and probably were not pursuing it, why be surprised. Microsoft was the king of moneyhatting early next gen and have deep deep pockets, far deeper than Sony's. Nothing has stopped them from doing the same.

You would think after Destiny which got exclusive one year content like strikes, games like SFV avoiding Xbox altogether, and many other games, they would see what harm they are doing to the brand. People like Phil Spencer said they stopped doing 3rd party marketing deals to focus on their first party IP. And yet MCC was the worst launched game ever, Halo 5 was barebones, Gears 4 was decent, but aside from Forza, what has been amazing of the first party?

PS4 version should play well. At only $29.99 this is a great price. Excited to see what CliffyB has been upto.

Lol, what does that tweet have to do with your post? Where did he say what you're saying he did?

Well at least CliffyB still has love for Mike and vice versa. Seriously though, it'll probably end up on Xbox as well. True about deep pockets though. That should be no problem for MS and this is the kind of game they would want as well you'd think. But we're all assuming here now.

Top Bottom