• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 4

That last game was so, so close. After Team8 forced that pick attempt on Robert (with Noc/Malph) which led to Prolly coming in and chasing a couple of them down since Maple wasn't there I think they were less than five minutes from their "window" closing. Malph, Noc and Syndra are so all-in that if the game reaches a certain stage and they're behind, they're completely useless. But then, bam, Team8 get a couple of huge pick offs on Kez and Bubbudub leading into baron, towers and a 10k gold lead from an even game and they're in the LCS.

It seems like Team8 really can't play with Cali from now on? That's a shame. He threw game 4, but he was crucial, as ever, in their three wins.

AcridMeat

Banned
Ah I see, good for him. I hope they find a good replacement. I'll be honest I didn't catch where each person played beyond TheOddBro, which position is he?

Is it bad I kind of hope Curse Academy doesn't get a spot so that Keane gets on a better team?

CRS

Ah I see, good for him. I hope they find a good replacement. I'll be honest I didn't catch where each person played beyond TheOddBro, which position is he?

Is it bad I kind of hope Curse Academy doesn't get a spot so that Keane gets on a better team?

Yes because I want Bunny FuFuu in the LCS.

EXGN

I've been watching Team 8 since they formed and have watched pretty much every game since Maple and Cali joined and Slooshi switched to mid. Although Cali is really good, I feel a lot of people saying they'll be at the bottom of the table are underestimating how strong the other players are.

Slooshi in particular, his laning was pretty bad last night but I think he was playing the team fights so well and he was getting solo kills on XiaoWeiXiao within a month of playing mid, lots of room to grow I think. Calitrlolz is a big defining factor of Team 8 because of his aggressive play and weird picks, but I don't think people should underestimate the talent of everyone else. Especially considering the fact that Team 8 mainly scrims other challenger teams.

AcridMeat

Banned
I think it'd be great to have a worlds thread, especially for people who may be curious about it but haven't been watching the season. Have some basic intros on favorites in the tournament, or roster heroes (Froggod).

bokn

Banned
And so it begins.
RDvOKjT.png

Time until Worlds Preview Show:
t1410984000z4.png

First Match: EDG (China#1) vs Samsung White (Korea#2) kicks off at:
glJgMit.png
vs
zkGO7V7.png

t1411030800z4.png

Full Schedule: http://na.lolesports.com/schedule/2014-09-15

Merovin

I'm so hyped for Worlds, I genuinely believe a lot of times have a good shot this year and it's going to be a lot closer that it has been before.

I think it'll be closer than S3, insofar as there'll be three Korean teams contesting each other rather than two! But there'll be a lot of good matchups and drama during groups and it's possible that one non-Korean team will emerge as a serious contender (I think EDG, TPA, and TSM are the most likely). Definitely should be one of the all time great international LoL tournaments, but whether it'll be as legendary as IPL5, S2WC, or IEM Katowice remains to be seen.

don't like dade, but Deft and Acorn are cool.

not a fan of Imp or DanDy either. Mata's a god tho.

Alliance > Fnatic > EDG > NJWS > C9 > OMG

Can't be arsed to care about the rest.

i wouldn't mind the koreans getting pegged down a notch. that TPA guy in the road to worlds thing came off as a cool guy, i guess i'm rooting for them and the EU teams just for the EU vs. NA fun.

I'd love to see Najin Shield win. They're a team that's risen from mediocrity to world-class play without having to bench players or alter their roster during the last 10 months or so. They have, Save, arguably the only old-school carry top laner in Worlds and they have cute boy Watch who the fangirls will go crazy for if they make it to Korea.

SK Svenskeren has apparently got into trouble for using a racist username on his Taiwanese account, and then mocking a player in game. He may well be punished by Riot because they don't like that sort of behaviour, especially not from pro players.

But one thing about all this is that when SK play their group matches against Taipei Assassins (in Taiwan) the atmosphere will be especially intense.

Top Bottom