• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 4

brian!

SK Svenskeren has apparently got into trouble for using a racist username on his Taiwanese account, and then mocking a player in game. He may well be punished by Riot because they don't like that sort of behaviour, especially not from pro players.

But one thing about all this is that when SK play their group matches against Taipei Assassins (in Taiwan) the atmosphere will be especially intense.

tsm illuminati

Edwardo

what do you mean

aUVsp6Z.png

Leezard

SK Svenskeren has apparently got into trouble for using a racist username on his Taiwanese account, and then mocking a player in game. He may well be punished by Riot because they don't like that sort of behaviour, especially not from pro players.

But one thing about all this is that when SK play their group matches against Taipei Assassins (in Taiwan) the atmosphere will be especially intense.
Good thing they asked for UoL's jungler as a substitute for Svenskeren in anticipation of him being an idiot.

Nista

Samsung White all the way. Not rooting for any alpaca headed fools, and NJWS is one of my least favorite OGN teams.

I'd be happy if LMQ TSM SK or Fnatic made it past groups, but who knows. And hopefully Froggen and Alliance will crash and burn.

I guess this is the place to post LCS related stuff.

Qtpie is not resigning with Dig (all over Reddit). Clear that this is his decision, not clear if he's going to continue his pro career.

It looks (extremely early days, lots will happen, predictions are prone to looking stupid in retrospect) like Cloud 9 are in a very favourable position going into next split. They have a stable roster of friends who are all really, really good. TSM's lost their jungler and needs to find a new one - and they're limited to what they can get from the NA pool. CLG has lost their jungler and may well be considering other role swaps and players' futures (esp. Link and Seraph). Dig has free spots in the Top and AD roles that need filled. Curse need an AD. EG, if they can keep a hold of Helios, might have stability - but are they considering replacing their top laner? LMQ's future remains unclear, and they might run into big problems if they need to replace a player, given the new regional movement restrictions and that they communicate in Chinese. And then there's Team 8, the new guys, and whichever two teams make it through the expansion tournament.

I imagine a lot of teams envy C9's strength and stability.

There are rumours of big moves afoot in EU as well - one being that potentially Alliance may replace Tabzz with Rekkles, and another that there might be a new "super-team" formed around Incarnation should he be unbanned for the coming split. It looks like the off-season will again support Scarra's view that, in e-Sports, the "long-term" is next month, not next year.

zkylon

zkylewd
fnatic already said rekkles is staying tho

also pretty big rumors of curse piglet (poor piglet) and clg zion (poor zion)

CRS

There needs to be a Season 5 LCS thread. Edwardo, where you at?

Also, the old LMQ team is apparently no longer a thing according to LMQ's NA manager.

In regards to QTpie, the money he makes from being a pro is a fraction to what he makes streaming full time. So he gets to make a lot more money playing League of Legends all the while he gets to be closer to his girlfriend, of course he's going to take it. It's sad and I'll definitely miss him on Dig with Kiwi.

zkylon

zkylewd
vasili, ackerman and noname are out from lmq, apparently resigned. mor is doing some talking. xwx stays

i don't get esports

Holy shit, the ultimate reject team. If only they replaced Maknoon with the garbage known as Seraph.
coach should be elementz

Leezard

fnatic already said rekkles is staying tho

also pretty big rumors of curse piglet (poor piglet) and clg zion (poor zion)

Indeed. Piglet has allegedly confirmed that he will join Curse.
Rough translation, Piglet talking to his chat:
I'm leaving soon, so I have to play a sad song. The talks are already finished, we just haven't said it yet.
If Curse doesn't say anything, I was going to say reveal it before I left. I'm just saying it early.
Guys, why are you so down? Not like I'm going to heaven.

Tabzz was asked what he felt about Rekkles potentially poaching his job. He said no worries, he's been trying since the end of the Spring Split. Boom.

http://ask.fm/azoriu/answer/120831318406

This Expansion Tournament looks like it's gonna be great fun. Freakin' MaKNooN's showing up, on the same team as NintendudeX! Can't wait to get a look at all the finalized line-ups once the ladder deadline falls.

Opiate

I guess this is the place to post LCS related stuff.

Qtpie is not resigning with Dig (all over Reddit). Clear that this is his decision, not clear if he's going to continue his pro career.

It looks (extremely early days, lots will happen, predictions are prone to looking stupid in retrospect) like Cloud 9 are in a very favourable position going into next split. They have a stable roster of friends who are all really, really good. TSM's lost their jungler and needs to find a new one - and they're limited to what they can get from the NA pool. CLG has lost their jungler and may well be considering other role swaps and players' futures (esp. Link and Seraph). Dig has free spots in the Top and AD roles that need filled. Curse need an AD. EG, if they can keep a hold of Helios, might have stability - but are they considering replacing their top laner? LMQ's future remains unclear, and they might run into big problems if they need to replace a player, given the new regional movement restrictions and that they communicate in Chinese. And then there's Team 8, the new guys, and whichever two teams make it through the expansion tournament.

I imagine a lot of teams envy C9's strength and stability.

There are rumours of big moves afoot in EU as well - one being that potentially Alliance may replace Tabzz with Rekkles, and another that there might be a new "super-team" formed around Incarnation should he be unbanned for the coming split. It looks like the off-season will again support Scarra's view that, in e-Sports, the "long-term" is next month, not next year.

I wonder if this mutability and rapid turnover is an inherent part of the game or if it is a consequence of rapidly growing and evolving medium.

Lots of players who have left haven't exactly gotten too old, they've simply been replaced by other, better players as the scene grows and expands. Sometimes that meant new players from the ladder, other times it's meant imports from other scenes.

Bigfatjiji will always be the prototype of this for me. He didn't get worse; everyone else just got better. I suspect, 10 years from now, esports will be more stable than they are now, even if LoL specifically has faded (it may or may not).

Top Bottom