• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Y'know

I find it funny that theyre working so hard on the Maidens AI(ie getting it to not kill herself by a turret, folloeing yorick, when to push a lane, etc.) when it would be simpler and more player friendly to just give control to the player like other pets.

clemenx

Banned
Y'know

I find it funny that theyre working so hard on the Maidens AI(ie getting it to not kill herself by a turret, folloeing yorick, when to push a lane, etc.) when it would be simpler and more player friendly to just give control to the player like other pets.

Which other pets you mean? Mordekaiser's ghost/dragon who's probably the most important pet in the game in terms of gameplay flat out sucks to play with. There's no good examples of pets in this game lol. I'm glad they're trying something new and I hope it works out leagues better.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Wish they would have gone further in admitting that the mage reworked champs were pretty much a flop, with malz and vlad now being even more zzzzzz op non interactive then ever before, velkoz being identical except now he does true damage, the new items ended up being pretty solid though

zkylon

zkylewd
Look again. There's a diamond 1 on our team

Makes 0 sense
that's just how the game works

if a d1 duos with a p1 someone's gonna get screwed

matchmaking did the best it could and threw a bunch of low diamonds on the enemy team to balance it out

Considering he died 8 times in lane, maybe
i find challenger players to do that a lot when playing normals or ranked teams with their lower elo friends

they don't give a shit so if they're not 1v5ing they'll start trolling and get shit on

it's specially fun when they rage at you

seeing challenger players rage is like top 3 my favorite things about league

Why not just have Costy pm the people he finds worthy
cos that's no fun

Woooo, we finally announced Galio as the next big update after Warwick

as someone with a soft spot for Galio, I'm so hyped
cool

i never liked galio, but he deserves it

i actually think galio is not THAT bad (compared to say yorick, ryze, morde, old sion, yorick) so i could see him keeping a fair bit of his kit

he'll probably be tankier and less pokey, which sounds fair to me

Nekofrog

Banned
There's literally no reason for a d1 to ever show up in that game. There's no realistic situation in which a d1s mmr can get low enough to get into a plat 1 game. Something broke and I have no idea what it was.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh then it's just the d1 having shit mmr i guess

nothing to do with premades

also

CrNgu3kVYAAvPRy.jpg

akali looks cool

Which other pets you mean? Mordekaiser's ghost/dragon who's probably the most important pet in the game in terms of gameplay flat out sucks to play with. There's no good examples of pets in this game lol. I'm glad they're trying something new and I hope it works out leagues better.

Its only not fun to play against because Rioy is barely starting to explore options that take players out of their comfort zone.

Mordes pet dragon would be ok if there were other pet champions to begin with. Real pet champions, mind you.

Reivaxe

Woooo, we finally announced Galio as the next big update after Warwick

as someone with a soft spot for Galio, I'm so hyped
Dams hoping for Eve :/

Oh well, I guess that's chill. Seeing how I stopped spamming Diana I don't really care about Galio counter picking me anymore.

Also that WW stuff is .. something. Sounds like they want to make him even more of a "baby's first JG" but also beef up his skill ceiling and turn him into one of those JGs who ganks early and often? And they want to make his kit less boring?

IDK, when I think about that I think of "Garen but with a kit and skill ceiling that keeps higher rated players coming back". Sounds kinda hard to pull off balance wise.

drawkcaB

Wish they would have gone further in admitting that the mage reworked champs were pretty much a flop, with malz and vlad now being even more zzzzzz op non interactive then ever before, velkoz being identical except now he does true damage, the new items ended up being pretty solid though

Taken as a whole, there's more middling/bad reworks in the class updates than good ones. Most could still use a targeted rework even if they might be in better spots then they were before. The class reworks have unfortunately tended to give champs "quirk" as opposed to giving them an actual function.

It's particularly glaring when comparing the class rework champs to the proper reworks like Poppy, Shen, Sion, Taric, etc. or even new champions. Those are generally fantastic. I get that they get more time and so better results should be expected, but at some point I wonder if class reworks are a misallocation of resources if there's a ~66% chance the champion needs to be looked at again anyways.

Also that WW stuff is .. something. Sounds like they want to make him even more of a "baby's first JG" but also beef up his skill ceiling and turn him into one of those JGs who ganks early and often? And they want to make his kit less boring?

IDK, when I think about that I think of "Garen but with a kit and skill ceiling that keeps higher rated players coming back". Sounds kinda hard to pull off balance wise.

Riot has made lots of low skill floor kits that are not "stupid" like Braum, Tahm Kench, new Poppy, new Taric, etc. In the past few years Riot's new champ and full rework teams have been able to deftly give both simple and challenging kits lots of dynamism.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nah. A pet had a separate health bar, and be independent from its owner. Its actually funny though, for being a faux-pet, orianna was seen as oppressive until they removed the item that let her spam her skills.

i think ori was seen as oppressive cos she was super broken on release lol

Ori was oppressive at release because her Q had almost 1000 fucking range

And its invulnerable. If it was a pet, you could kill it and then Ori would lose her skillset until her "summon pet" button came back.

Which is why her ball isnt a pet.

And which is why pets would and do work. If youre able to take out the pet, then you can apply pressure on the opposing champion while its down. The only reason it seems "antifun" right now is because in League, there are no champions that have a pet as a core part of their skillset and pets are mainly reserved for ultimates(barring kled, but like the Maiden, its a fauxpet)

Reivaxe

Riot has made lots of low skill floor kits that are not "stupid" like Braum, Tahm Kench, new Poppy, new Taric, etc. In the past few years Riot's new champ and full rework teams have been able to deftly give both simple and challenging kits lots of dynamism.

I really wouldn't call Poppy kit low skill floor. I mean sure, you don't gotta be super skilled to play her but she still is one of the more interesting tank champs because of how many skill shots are in her kit and how much decision making that takes to do well. Too bad they nerfed her in such a way and are trying to make up for it in every way other than way Poppy players want.

But I guess I get your point on the rest (still haven't played New Taric or Braum cause #fuckbotlane but TK isn't very hard to understand but can be damn good even with lil skill cause of his kit imo).

As for WW ... wonder if the rework could make him a decent laner. Probly not though :/

EDIT- Holy hell, just saw that "champ teaser"?
I hope we're not getting 2 old country men in a damn row, I want a Kawaii Girl! >:'(

Leezard

There's something on the PBE which likely is a teaser for a new champ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktnu_huX-aI&feature=youtu.be

Voice lines:
"Poor Gromp. He was a prince amongst toads. "
"You will be missed old friend, warts and all. "
"Goodbye Gromp, or as you would say, ribbit. "
"Hop to that lilypad in the sky, old friend. "
"Wait 'til you see Daisy's dance moves!
"Everyone wins in a dance off."
"Next time, more petting and less stabbing. "
"A tragic end for such a noble friend."
"Can I cut in? Yes? No. I'll- I'll come back later. "
"Why kill when you can simply ask?"
"What a shame, he could've been a mountain. "
"How can anyone kill someone as cuddly as Krugs?"
"Farewell Krugs, I shall miss our long talks."

Reivaxe

Why are people assuming he's a JG?

From his comments he ... sounds like he doesn't WANT them to die. Like he's sad over their deaths and likes being friends with the JG mobs. Also sounds like he's not interested in violence.

Sounds like a support ...!

Either that or a Pet/ Tamer champ (toplane-toplane-toplane ... or mid plz)

From his comments he ... sounds like he doesn't WANT them to die. Like he's sad over their deaths and likes being friends with the JG mobs. Also sounds like he's not interested in violence.

Or maybe it's a woodsy Chen.

Hrm. It could be a tamer? Yorick being a sort of test for reception...

ITS HAPPENING. GIVE ME ZAGARA

drawkcaB

Why would they bother coding those lines unless he regularly interacts with jungle creatures? Even with all the massive extra effort Riot has been putting into VOs none have even single line about the jungle. Closest is KINDRED who has VO lines when killing marked jungle camps.

Christ even Rek'Sai doesn't say anything about the jungle.

Dude's a jungler. Maybe he has a different interaction with camps than just auto'ing them. Riot routinely releases champions with similar mechanics when developing them. Maybe something from the Yorick rework was repurposed for this new champion.

He makes it sound like he straight up lives in the jungle and is friend with them.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Thirsty for details like sombra.

Top Bottom