• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah. 10 bans now. Diversity so far hasn't impressed me too much honestly, but too early to tell. I've only watched about 3 games altogether.
diversity has been pretty good but there's a meta and a s tier of champions for sure

we also don't know if this is just first week being weird, balance being weird or what

but 10 bans seem promising so far, at least they got me to watch champion select again

What do I do with blue essences if I already have all champs and currently swimming in IP?

mastery ranks?

After my connection went to shit last night, I'm sitting at 2 losses of 5 for my promo. What are the odds I win the next 3 in a row? Here goes.
you can do it

once camille, rengo, and leblonk get appropriately dumpstered by rito diversity should branch out a little, since right now they're mandatory red side bans.
you still have ryze, ashe and maokai still crowding out their respective roles, as well as big asterisks around syndra, ori, cassi, mf, zyra, rumble, nautilus, singed, poopy, lee sin, khazix, etc.

there's a lot of balance work ahead

Jhin gets a fucking Skin before Illaoi?!!?!?!

Might even be Legendary cause it's being fucking teased?!?!?

Welp, fuck me then ...
i think they generally do multiple bloodmoon skins so there's a chance still

tho idk if illawee is fit for that skinline

Welp, fuck me then ...

Rito hates a good amount of their characters

I bet you illaoi is probably due for a visual rework already because 'not muh anime cute girl'.

Look what happened to poppy. ruined.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
but yeah, like i said, once the new season smell wears off it'll just be the same champs getting picked over and over, just with 4 more bans attached

until riot decides to balance champs for pro play there simply won't be a vastly larger champ pool than there was last season

zkylon

zkylewd
but yeah, like i said, once the new season smell wears off it'll just be the same champs getting picked over and over, just with 4 more bans attached

until riot decides to balance champs for pro play there simply won't be a vastly larger champ pool than there was last season

they balance champs around pro play already

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
since they're already changing bans for pro play might as well go all the way that they set that precedent and just have separate balance for tournament realm

Welp, fuck me then ...

Diana players are ragin so hard now.

My guess on Illaoi not getting skins is maybe too hard to animate Illaoi and her tentacles Riot have to create a new model for said skin like Rumble

zkylon

zkylewd
Diana players are ragin so hard now.

My guess on Illaoi not getting skins is maybe too hard to animate Illaoi and her tentacles Riot have to create a new model for said skin like Rumble
it's not the same problem because the thing with rumble is that his model and rig is really old. illawee is new and was modeled and rigged in modern rito era so she's probably easy to skin

most probable reasons are:

1. no one at rito has come up with good concepts for her yet

Cbg60dtVIAAFhco.jpg

you can find some good ideas online, but i find illawee skin ideas to be kind of simple or off mark for her character and design. i could see her in a prototype skin or maybe some elemental skin, idk. it's likely they're trying out ideas but nothing was up to their standards yet

2. popularity. jhin is kind of the most popular adc ever, so ofc he's gonna get a skin right away. it's the same thing as ahri, those champions sell 10x more than niche champions, so they get more skins. jhin also has only 1 skin so it's not really riot being greedy or unfair, they just prioritized the champion that would make the most people happy and earn them more $$$. win-win.

3. i thought for a second she might be a zyra case of like having to model and create vfx and animations not only her but for her tentacles, but honestly illawee's animations and vfx are all fairly simple (compared to say heimerdinger or zyra) so that probably offsets it a bit. it's definitely a thing to consider for rito i'm sure

4. she might have a skin in the works but not for this date. maybe new illawee skin is pool party illawee, so it's not releasing just yet but it's coming

it'd be nice if she got a skin soon tho, her launch skin was even worse than taliyah's

speaking of which, i really hope tali gets a skin soon

zkylon

zkylewd
tali is like 10x more complicated than illaoi

she's never getting a skin zky
nah, tho there's probably a lot of work since she has like the wall and the special skateboard animation and her w and e also need a unique model and everything, they're not just vfx (like say lux skins)

i just really hope they don't put her on a lame skinline like project skins

Illaoi can fit easily into a word breaker (mayan) design, hell make her the next lunar festival with jade tentacles.
totally, but i think it'd be nice for illawee to get a design of her own instead of being fit into a skinline

i kind of feel she needs a skin that's special since she's such a cool character

Game 1 Loss
Game 2 Loss
Game 3 Win
Game 4 Loss

Well, that was quick. It's frustrating as hell to lose a 50+ minute game to such simple things. Ashe and Brand on my team couldn't dodge for shit. Lux and Ez rocked them every time they saw them with ease. I watched Ashe juke herself into a skillshot multiple times. Sucks when I can't yell at the Ashe either, who was 1/7/? 40 minutes in, because she kept apologizing for messing up. Probably just a bad game on her part. Oh well. Time to try again.

TheFlow

Banned
Game 1 Loss
Game 2 Loss
Game 3 Win
Game 4 Loss

Well, that was quick. It's frustrating as hell to lose a 50+ minute game to such simple things. Ashe and Brand on my team couldn't dodge for shit. Lux and Ez rocked them every time they saw them with ease. I watched Ashe juke herself into a skillshot multiple times. Sucks when I can't yell at the Ashe either, who was 1/7/? 40 minutes in, because she kept apologizing for messing up. Probably just a bad game on her part. Oh well. Time to try again.
Ashe is the type of champ you pick if you know you are going to have some good peel/support.

Anywho I have been cheesing with Leona. I won two games in a row with a Varus adc. His kit goes well with hers

i think they generally do multiple bloodmoon skins so there's a chance still

tho idk if illawee is fit for that skinline
BloonMoon skins seem to only go to Ionia based champs like Yas, the energy Ninja champs. But Thresh got one soooo who the fuck knows.
Rito hates a good amount of their characters

I bet you illaoi is probably due for a visual rework already because 'not muh anime cute girl'.

Look what happened to poppy. ruined.
I could see that in a few years :/
But Poppy cuteness works for Poppy. But ehhh, I started playing right after the Poppy rework was released so she's the only Poppy I know.

it's not the same problem because the thing with rumble is that his model and rig is really old. illawee is new and was modeled and rigged in modern rito era so she's probably easy to skin

most probable reasons are:
Number 1 is easy, just hire me Rito!
Ursula themed deep sea Illaoi. Legendary level. Wears a black octopus cloak/ robe/ long sleeveless coat? home guards run animation is her using the octopus cloak to swim through the air like how they swim through the water. Cloak Changes colors when she ults. Boom, she's now the sea goddess of the Deep Terrors line.

Cosmic reaver Illaoi. Tents look more like ribbons of cosmic energy than the ghostly look they have now.

Fun one- Wrecking Ball Illaoi. She's a construction worker and holds a damn wrecking ball. Tents are all chains.

Program Illaoi. Tents are now robotic.

Elderwood Illaoi. Tents are vines/ roots.

I can keep going!

zkylon

zkylewd
Kalista feels so good. I kinda stopped farming though, because I wanted to win everyone else's lanes too.
i'm glad kalista's back

i like kalista

i hope she doesn't warp the entire game again tho lol

BloonMoon skins seem to only go to Ionia based champs like Yas, the energy Ninja champs. But Thresh got one soooo who the fuck knows.
yeah, it's weird, i was gonna say it was a bladed weapon champions but can't explain zilean then

in any case, i don't see bloodmoon being the right fit for illapeepee

Number 1 is easy, just hire me Rito!
Ursula themed deep sea Illaoi. Legendary level. Wears a black octopus cloak/ robe/ long sleeveless coat? home guards run animation is her using the octopus cloak to swim through the air like how they swim through the water. Cloak Changes colors when she ults. Boom, she's now the sea goddess of the Deep Terrors line.

Cosmic reaver Illaoi. Tents look more like ribbons of cosmic energy than the ghostly look they have now.

Fun one- Wrecking Ball Illaoi. She's a construction worker and holds a damn wrecking ball. Tents are all chains.

Program Illaoi. Tents are now robotic.

Elderwood Illaoi. Tents are vines/ roots.

I can keep going!
well ideas are really easy to do (you think they didn't just go through all their skin lines and sketched stuff for each?), but good designs are not

i'm sure they tried a bunch of these ideas and haven't found the right design yet. it needs to both fit her as a character and also her abilities

like, wrecking ball sounds great, she's definitely construction worker material, but what would the spirit then be?

the other ideas are fine but they're just existing skin lines and they're probably looking for the best fits for each

the skin line i think illaoi could be great in is arcade. pixely tentacles would be pretty dope

Honestly, ya'll are making Illaoi skins too complicated.

Give me some good 520rp or 750rp skins. Just different outfits for now will do. I don't need 1350rp skin efforts. Just change the outfit.

Give me some good 520rp or 750rp skins. Just different outfits for now will do. I don't need 1350rp skin efforts. Just change the outfit.

Yeah

Riot is overstating the whole 'oh her tentacles are too hard'

nah, blizzards been using the same skeletal models on WoW for the past 10 years, ya'll can do the same with illaoi.

...then again it might be restrictions on their engine that they've slowly been updating.

drawkcaB

Played two miserable Ivern games in a row with the usual Ivern build (Athene's->Redemption). I deal no damage and become really team dependent when I do that build, which when things are going well is fine but when they're not, well...

So I thought, fuck it, offensive Ivern build. Runic Echoes->Ardent Censor->Liandry's. Ended up buying an IBG near the end of the match when it was well in hand, but should have gone with Rylai's. My bad. But man, that build is so much more fun. I was really surprised to see that the 10% shield bonus from Ardent seems to give better shields than Athene's. Much nicer damage (the difference between a ~50AP and a ~200AP Ivern is night and day), some good burst when I catch a squishy in a Q->E combo, you can actually see the added damage and tankiness on Daisy and it helped the support aspect of the champ regardless.

I think I'll rock that build more at my shitty elo for the time being.

1. no one at rito has come up with good concepts for her yet

Better idea: Academy Illaoi. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

zkylon

zkylewd

there are no more 520rp skins anymore and 750s are usually disappointing imo

Here, I'll give Rito an idea: Pool Party Illaoi. Tentacles:

airflames-6.jpg

And instead of the head thing, she carries either of these two:
LOL

Better idea: Academy Illaoi. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

oh i see u've been reading my fan fiction

23qwerty

should junglers be able to solo drag at low levels? watching eulcs and lee sin is apparently able to solo drag pretty early on, how many champs are able to do that atm? haven't really kept up. always felt weird that some junglers are able to but most aren't.

Leezard

should junglers be able to solo drag at low levels? watching eulcs and lee sin is apparently able to solo drag pretty early on, how many champs are able to do that atm? haven't really kept up. always felt weird that some junglers are able to but most aren't.

A lot of them can, it's just so slow and risky since you die if the enemies have it warded or the enemy jungler goes by.

Ghost on Battle.net said that he thinks the current KT Rolster team (Smeb, Score, Pawn, Deft, Mata) is worse than the current ROX Tigers team on mumble the other day. If he had typed that in this thread, that would have been the worst post in LoLGAF history.

Ghost on Battle.net said that he thinks the current KT Rolster team (Smeb, Score, Pawn, Deft, Mata) is worse than the current ROX Tigers team on mumble the other day. If he had typed that in this thread, that would have been the worst post in LoLGAF history.

yeah that one might actually have edged out Breezy's. For now though Breezy's still stands. It honestly pains me to look at it. Urgh. URGH. awful

Top Bottom