• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
blood.png

not sure how good these skins are gonna look but with riot moving in the direction of releasing skins in groups all the time, i'm starting to feel like some these skinlines are getting/gonna get too saturated

like blood moon in particular is a case where every skin is pretty much all red and they kind of all look the same? they're cool looking but maybe they should do the wardens vs marauders thing more often or something?

we'll see

Newt

I was thinking of how they can balance ADC, and I've come to the conclusion that crit just has to be removed.

I was thinking maybe they introduce a stat called momentum. Basically you can buy items that give you momentum instead of crit.

What momentum does, is it increases your AD per auto attack. So basically, if I'm Cait and I have 70 AD and 5 momentum, my third attack on an enemy will do 80 damage. Fervor could be changed to give momentum rather than AD too.

The only ADC who would really hurt from this change is Jhin, but he could be balanced in other ways.

So basically a stack mechanic for ADCs the problem would be if other lanes abuse said items for themselves, said the new WW with those AAs , imagine the damage burst

zkylon

zkylewd
I was thinking of how they can balance ADC, and I've come to the conclusion that crit just has to be removed.

I was thinking maybe they introduce a stat called momentum. Basically you can buy items that give you momentum instead of crit.

What momentum does, is it increases your AD per auto attack. So basically, if I'm Cait and I have 70 AD and 5 momentum, my third attack on an enemy will do 80 damage. Fervor could be changed to give momentum rather than AD too.

The only ADC who would really hurt from this change is Jhin, but he could be balanced in other ways.
i think they've talked about doing something like that, and while i see its benefits i dunno why it would fix adcs cos they'd still stack super multiplicatively which needs them to be weak early or weak on their own or whatever

adcs have 4 multiplicative stats while mages have 3, i think that's probably the crux of it

not sure if that's a problem but not sure what your thing would solve about balance (it would make adcs less frustrating rng for sure tho)

Arent Blood moon being bad guys?

BM Diana looks a lot like BM elise
No, Blood Moon was like this festival in Shen's ninja clan that he'd dress up alongside Akali and they'd perform a play or a dance or something like that. Now it's basically a japanese folk monster skinline.

They could increase Jhin's AS scalings to compensate.

JulianImp

So, today I tried to play a ranked flex game:
  1. I get auto-filled adc, nobody wants to trade top/sup with me, someone else in my team dodges
  2. I get top, but somebody from the rival team dodges
  3. I get auto-filled adc again, nobody wants to trade so I dodge myself (just 6 minutes, anyway)
  4. There was another auto-fill in my team that led to a dodge
  5. I get top, other guy gets auto-filled jungle. Nobody trades with him and somebody dodges
  6. I get auto-filled jungle, support offers to trade. Top feeds 0/7 and our new jungle tells us after the game it was his first game on the role (I mean, even my weak nautilus jungle should've done better than this final score of 2/10/0)
Such fun.

So, today I tried to play a ranked flex game:
  1. I get auto-filled adc, nobody wants to trade top/sup with me, someone else in my team dodges
  2. I get top, but somebody from the rival team dodges
  3. I get auto-filled adc again, nobody wants to trade so I dodge myself (just 6 minutes, anyway)
  4. There was another auto-fill in my team that led to a dodge
  5. I get top, other guy gets auto-filled jungle. Nobody trades with him and somebody dodges
  6. I get auto-filled jungle, support offers to trade. Top feeds 0/7 and our new jungle tells us after the game it was his first game on the role (I mean, even my weak nautilus jungle should've done better than this final score of 2/10/0)
Such fun.
Call me crazy, but I feel like autofill has no place in Ranked.

Talents

Banned

Don't worry, you're perfectly sane.

One examples of many for me is a few games ago I got a Fiora top lane who was autofilled, does really badly and feeds the Irelia top. When asked why not just play an easy top laner like Maokai if he got autofilled he just said something like "i got autofilled doesnt matter what i pick i'd feed anyway might as well have fun doing it".

That's a tilter.

Top Soraka on my team against a Darius. This is going to end well.

One examples of many for me is a few games ago I got a Fiora top lane who was autofilled, does really badly and feeds the Irelia top. When asked why not just play an easy top laner like Maokai if he got autofilled he just said something like "i got autofilled doesnt matter what i pick i'd feed anyway might as well have fun doing it".

That's a tilter.
Yeah, that'd do it for me. Friend I are duo'ing right now. Went 3 minutes before we got a game. 4 damn games in a row where someone declined. Then around 4 minutes we get a game...it autofilled the both of us. -deep breath-

zkylon

zkylewd
shifting to momentum would also have the side benefit of screwing over yasuo so it's a win for everyone lol

honestly i think the best way to fix adcs is what lotion said, bring old bt back and let adcs spike off one item like mages do

they probably need to nerf their lategame to compensate, which is kind of the problem in a meta where tanks can one shot them with like 1.5k hp shields, but i think that's more of a problem of tanks than adcs?

i feel like i autofill like 1 in 20 games or something, but i wonder what % of games have an autofilled player in them

it's the price we pay for solo q + flex, which i guess if u asked anyone they'd tell you to just remove flex but i've actually been enjoying it since it means i don't have to play blind pick anymore

unfortunately the flex matchmaking is very suspect, i've had silvers vs diamonds and whatnot

still better than blind pick tho

That's a tilter.
honestly that's what happens to me

i tried playing sion and nautilus but i just feed anyways lol

i'm doing poppy now cos i want to at least try to play a tank but i just can't play them and if i play ryze i just get camped

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
shifting to momentum would also have the side benefit of screwing over yasuo so it's a win for everyone lol

honestly i think the best way to fix adcs is what lotion said, bring old bt back and let adcs spike off one item like mages do

they probably need to nerf their lategame to compensate, which is kind of the problem in a meta where tanks can one shot them with like 1.5k hp shields, but i think that's more of a problem of tanks than adcs?

i feel like i autofill like 1 in 20 games or something, but i wonder what % of games have an autofilled player in them

it's the price we pay for solo q + flex, which i guess if u asked anyone they'd tell you to just remove flex but i've actually been enjoying it since it means i don't have to play blind pick anymore

unfortunately the flex matchmaking is very suspect, i've had silvers vs diamonds and whatnot

still better than blind pick tho

honestly that's what happens to me

i tried playing sion and nautilus but i just feed anyways lol

i'm doing poppy now cos i want to at least try to play a tank but i just can't play them and if i play ryze i just get camped

the secret is yasuo

zkylon

zkylewd
it's cool to hear all these pros be happy with the 10 bans changes

not sure if it's improved diversity as much as some people had hoped but overall seems like it was a pretty positive change

the secret is yasuo

my secret is just taking the hit and making up for it in the next game :p

it's cool to hear all these pros be happy with the 10 bans changes

not sure if it's improved diversity as much as some people had hoped but overall seems like it was a pretty positive change

And the "Breezy's I told you 2017" award goes to...Breezy.

this is why I argued hard for it

Soraka....won...? Against Darius top? Life doesn't even make sense anymore.

Raka top is a BITCH for melee champs with not much mobility to deal with. Faced one as Poppy ... couldn't kill her and she could kite me to hell cause it's pretty damn easy to know where a melee champ is gonna go so it's not that hard to land Qs as you poke.

It's a cheesy anti-fun lane, like Fiddle in a solo lane. They can't really push at all but they can sustain endlessly, chunk you with done stop poke, silence you so that you can't do shit about it and over all you have no idea how to deal with it cause it's annoying af. But at the same time no one ever really does it so you don't see it enuff to learn :/

zkylon

zkylewd
it's pretty funny that enemy team first three picks are mf, ziggs and lux and we have absolutely no idea where anyone is going lol

drawkcaB

Or they could just rework the math such that crit increase autoattack damage by the % crit amount because that's mathematically exactly what it does.

I hate when people say "bot too heavy" or anything like that. Buuuut.....Well, I suppose Top was heavy too. I felt bad for Cait though. That support was terrible, and screwed her plenty of times. Then her and I died twice following terrible Sion ults. After 2nd time I told her not to follow his ass into suicide town anymore.

vel_zpsciusguos.png

Raka top is a BITCH for melee champs with not much mobility to deal with. Faced one as Poppy ... couldn't kill her and she could kite me to hell cause it's pretty damn easy to know where a melee champ is gonna go so it's not that hard to land Qs as you poke.

It's a cheesy anti-fun lane, like Fiddle in a solo lane. They can't really push at all but they can sustain endlessly, chunk you with done stop poke, silence you so that you can't do shit about it and over all you have no idea how to deal with it cause it's annoying af. But at the same time no one ever really does it so you don't see it enuff to learn :/
You must be right, but I dunno. I didn't get a chance to see much. I just know when she killed him for a 2nd and 3rd time I was confused as all hell. I was ready to dodge the match too, but we rolled 'em.

You must be right, but I dunno. I didn't get a chance to see much. I just know when she killed him for a 2nd and 3rd time I was confused as all hell. I was ready to dodge the match too, but we rolled 'em.

People are probly doing it cause they caught wind of a D5 Soraka/ Ali Top main from youtubers.

Again, she has a sustain kit that allows her to kite very well and when you think about it logically wtf can Darius do 1v1 vs a Raka in the laning phase provided the Raka focuses on fucking him over as much as they can? There's only so many times you can use flash, he's needs to use he abilities to put down his dmg on champs and he has NO way to catch up to her if she lands her AOE slow that also speeds her up. Just like how when youtubers did the Fiddle Mid thing after the rework, the kit is GREAT for fucking over people and being annoying af to deal with in lane but it's offset by them sucking at CSing and taking towers so people don't play them that way.

ALSO, just lost my 3rd game in a row tonight. I was First pick ... picked Trundle. Ended up shitting on their Darius so hard he sold his BC for armor (after noticing how the game was going else where..). Bot lane shat on Vayne. Both JG are doing OK but our is a pussy Yi soooo yeah, not much help ... mid TF somehow feeds Yas til he's fucking 6/0 or something and whirls through our team.

Couldn't ban Yas cause, like I said, I was First pick.
And this is why I welcome 10 bans.

zkylon

zkylewd
ze8v4UY.png

ok so zero damage vayne and help spamming top karma got into an argument

who's to blame for caitlyn and renekton crushing down on our inhibitors, stealing our jungle camps, starving us for vision and tearing us apart as a team?

is it because of our lack of a true tank, specially when you have so much lag and no one peels for you? or is it because of that struggling bot lane that's not defending 4v5 and ruining our efforts to split push like any crafty 100 cs at 30m windspeaker's blessing karma would?

words weren't enough, to end this flame war once and for all a 1v1 was needed, and paragon of justice that i am, i offered my services as arbiter

i was expecting at least one yasuo tho, disappointing...

G7gaSRD.png

of course these people had the foresight to not choose tournament draft so i would be as impartial as i could. you know, 3 minutes after.

3MQUGz3.png

oh and also they picked aram map cos u know, those first three levels aren't that important

i'm guessing vayne played these 1v1s often cos she crushed karma's terrible zed and well, they played for like 15 minutes after that cos who knows, i quit

bVWYVXc.png

now karma dc'd and i'm guessing they're in a very bad mood

but justice has been served and it is vayne who was right in flaming karma for not picking a tank

i'll never forget you

3WOrff5.gif

you truly are the king of the shitters

"Oh, I'm top and last pick, I get to counter!"

Graves/Jax/Ekko/Quinn/Voli
lol, sorta

zkylon

zkylewd
some interesting competitive stats

these were the picks in spring split lcs+lpl+lck last year at this same date

HIVoLqv.jpg

there's a few more junglers, adcs and supports for sure, a total 11 more picks but lcs is bo3 now which means like 150% as many games, so i decided to also compare to the last week i could find with as many games as this week

tL2GwqQ.jpg

-6 unique champions. other weeks are a little better, and the week in the picture had a ton of 1 time picks, but i feel like we're far from the immense diversity image one could've gotten from that first few days of singed and ziggs and whatever

that's a bummer

The initial ban phase is still three bans. Teams can just carry on as usual, they just get an extra two bans to use midway through the draft.

2-3 or 2-2-1 (Dota's) would have worked better, I feel.

Newt

Well, ADC diversity is pretty much dead anyways. Varus and Ashe every game, since at least they can provide utility in the off chance a Maokai or Nautilus doesn't delete them right away.

zkylon

zkylewd
The initial ban phase is still three bans. Teams can just carry on as usual, they just get an extra two bans to use midway through the draft.

2-3 or 2-2-1 (Dota's) would have worked better, I feel.
yeah, maybe

this was only week 1 i guess, so there's time for things to change, specially as the game gets balanced, but i feel like maybe we were celebrating too early

Well, ADC diversity is pretty much dead anyways. Varus and Ashe every game, since at least they can provide utility in the off chance a Maokai or Nautilus doesn't delete them right away.
doesn't seem any worse than usual

doesn't seem any worse than usual
Huh? It's a lot worse. Just looking at the lists you posted, picks were more spread out with the top 2 ADC having being picked 40~30 times, now we have 100+ picks concentrated on two champions. That's at least 30 less different picks than before.

zkylon

zkylewd
Huh? It's a lot worse. Just looking at the lists you posted, picks were more spread out with the top 2 ADC having being picked 40~30 times, now we have 100+ picks concentrated on two champions.
yea sorry what i meant to say was that it was already bad before

least unique picks, very concentrated top few, little variety in champion types (all utility in the last two, and almost zero utility in the other one)

it's interesting that adcs seem to have very little bans directed towards them, so that might have something to do with ashe and varus being picked every game

I feel myself wanting to try out so many champs for some reason.

Bloodmoon has reawakened my interest in Diana and Talon.
Gnar seems like the only Manaless top I can get my head around and I would like to add more champs to my "Fuck Darius" pool.
Wanna take New WW top seeing how WW was my first Top champ (Gaf recommended I take WW top cause I was new ...)
Getting back into playing Trundle and I want to try some new stuff with his builds.
Wanna Buy Susan cause he seems easy to understand and I'd like a champ that tells my team to" fuck off, IDGAF, I'm doing what I want until I'm done and what I want is to be alone in a side lane".
Wanna buy the Trick2G champ and see what it's like to run around the map like mad man.

Tmr is gonna be a interesting Friday for me.

zkylon

zkylewd
adcs are in such a position that they're not worth banning unlike previous years(Where for example, Kalista and Jhin were popular bans)
look at the picture above, barely any adc bans last year either

teams tend to first pick game changing adcs a lot (like ashe, jhin and sivir), or just trade them when they're not (you get lucian who's s tier, i get kalista whos a tier, it's fine - just an example)

less bans are spent on adcs cos not that many adcs are game changing in the way leblanc, rengar or camille are, or taliyah, tahm kench, ryze, mf, etc. there's just too many things to ban elsewhere that it's probably not worth it to spend it on adcs when you can just trade em

adcs with a few exceptions are just very interchangeable, which doesn't happen on other positions. adcs being weak is def part of it but adcs weren't weak last year afaik and this was the case also

ADC bans right now are basically just a way of fucking over the enemy bot lane. Ban Ashe, pick Varus or vice versa, now the other team gets to have fun filling that slot with something mediocre. People are picking Kalista to protect their damage supports for fuck's sake.

It's like back in S5 where you could ruin a jungler by picking Kha Zix and banning Elise+RekSai.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Bot lane meta is so bad because of Malzahar. Really not sure how this kind of thing takes so long to get fixed.

Bot lane meta is so bad because of Malzahar. Really not sure how this kind of thing takes so long to get fixed.
Best part is supp Malz is the result of Riot trying to fix their stupid rework, now he gets to take a shit on another part of the map.

Just fucking chainsaw his kit already and give him a new one or gut him till he's not viable beyond silver.

Leezard

Yeah, after playing against it more I'm quite annoyed that he pops up so much. His voidlings deal way too much damage early for how safe he is when using them.

At least Lulu has a good matchup against him, but if you get paired with Jhin the synergy is so bad for later in the game.

Nev

Banned
Soraka....won...? Against Darius top? Life doesn't even make sense anymore.

That is because Darius is a trash character. Everytime I see one in the enemy team I know it's gonna be freelo if my teammates aren't monkeys.

Wasn't being ADC in the beginning of S6 awesome tho? Or was it at midseason? I can't remember but I remember that they felt actually powerful. I remember playing Varus and thinking I had never had more fun playing ADC because I felt like I had an impact even from early on.

Anyways Riot's obsession with RNG garbage like crit will always make ADC be awful one way or another.

Top Bottom