• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Since I wrote that Lulu patch note I can give you some insight (or rather rewrote what was there)

The buff will give solo lane and support Lulu more offensive power by allowing her to use her Q more often in lane and increase Pix's damage.

We're not going to give Lulu her pushing power back because Lulu was straight up fucking bullshit in a solo lane with it. Lulu had 0 weaknesses whatsoever. If you want to play her in a solo lane, you need to trade some of the power that a mid with strong wave clear has because you're getting far more utility than any other mid.

Like as much as you want her to be able to wave clear that doesn't mean she should.

Since I wrote that Lulu patch note I can give you some insight (or rather rewrote what was there)

The buff will give solo lane and support Lulu more offensive power by allowing her to use her Q more often in lane and increase Pix's damage.

We're not going to give Lulu her pushing power back because Lulu was straight up fucking bullshit in a solo lane with it. Lulu had 0 weaknesses whatsoever. If you want to play her in a solo lane, you need to trade some of the power that a mid with strong wave clear has because you're getting far more utility than any other mid.

Like as much as you want her to be able to wave clear that doesn't mean she should.

see costy we agree on one thing

lulu in her previous state of power was cancerous af

Newt

Point and click champions like Lulu, Malphite and Annie just aren't fun and I feel Riot is basically killing off those kinda of kits one at a time.

The first victims were like Sion and Taric.

I remember when solo lane Lulu could just run up and E + Q you and you would lose like a quarter of your health. Then if you tried to fight back, she would silence you with W.

zkylon

zkylewd

initially i was actually positive on the q changes cos i figured the numbers wouldn't be THAT bad and i thought focusing on utility was a good direction for lulu, but when i found myself farming under turret against katarina it was just apparent that they just went and olaf'd her

there are no midlaners without waveclear, that's just not how it works, every mid laner gives up something for their waveclear, because that's the one thing you need to be allowed to be played

mid lane lulu already had strong tradeoffs cos she fell off the end of the earth in dmg compared to any other midlaner. she was deservedly nerfed like 60 times to make sure of it

and since u wrote it here's some constructive criticism. using the word solved is like throwing salt in the wound considering the state the 'solving' nerf left lulu as solo laner. i'm not disagreeing with the argument that she was overly safe or that she was very unhealthy at a time, but the time she was nerfed wasn't that time and saying "solved" reads like an euphemism

initially i was actually positive on the q changes cos i figured the numbers wouldn't be THAT bad and i thought focusing on utility was a good direction for lulu, but when i found myself farming under turret against katarina it was just apparent that they just went and olaf'd her

there are no midlaners without waveclear, that's just not how it works, every mid laner gives up something for their waveclear, because that's the one thing you need to be allowed to be played

mid lane lulu already had strong tradeoffs cos she fell off the end of the earth in dmg compared to any other midlaner. she was deservedly nerfed like 60 times to make sure of it

She falls off as a solo laner because at that point her damage is ancillary. The massive increases to her utility and her ability to enable her carries is the attraction of Lulu in the late game.

Endlessly pushing waves without any punishment for it considering how safe she is and what she provides to the team isn't ok. She doesn't get to be Viktor as well as a utility god.

I think some consideration also needs to be given to how non-interactive that lane was as well. Lulu pushes and pokes, and if you go aggro on her she polymorphs you or shields herself and speeds away, and goes back to poking your ass through the minion wave while clearing it at the same time.

Sorry but that crap was not acceptable. The playing against case at the time of solo lane Lulu was the type of shit that made you want to uninstall. And let's not even talk about the days of Lulu top vs melees. I'd rather poke my eyes out.

zkylon

zkylewd
they're both past the point where it matters who's stupidest

both of them need big nerfs

She falls off as a solo laner because at that point her damage is ancillary. The massive increases to her utility and her ability to enable her carries is the attraction of Lulu in the late game.

Endlessly pushing waves without any punishment for it considering how safe she is and what she provides to the team isn't ok. She doesn't get to be Viktor as well as a utility god.
she wasn't endlessly pushing waves, glitterlance deals 80 / 125 / 170 / 215 / 260 (+ 50% AP) on a 7s cd

lulu q is very on par with other midlaners (actually higher cd and weaker ratio), the endlessly pushing waves part is a toplane thing and she was never played top lane anymore

why not nerf her w and e mana costs or add scaling cooldowns to e if you want her to be less safe instead of deleting her from the game?

you can't argue that mid lulu was 'solved', she doesn't even register on champion.gg cos no one ever plays her

That barely scratches her, she'll still be 100% ban.
i think they're chipping away a bit right now, big nerfs will come later

Diana_Splash_11.jpg

Jesus Christ Riot artists you art demons

Also "Assassin's mode" so regular League of Legends for ADCs? 4Head

zkylon

zkylewd
despite some the wording around lulu overall 7.2 seems like a good patch

good nerfs all around, even tho i don't get why courage of the colossus needs to have an even higher ceiling when it's giving like 1k shield already, but other than that it seems like they're slowly addressing the most pressing issues

i don't like buffs to master yi or akali but it's more me not liking those champions than they not needing the buffs

and there's a lot of champions conspicuously needing big nerfs like malzahar, leblanc, rengar, shaco, etc., but i'm sure they'll get to those eventually

also this is a very welcome addition

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yeah this patch feels like we're only getting half a patch where they forgot to address all the actually cancerous aspects of the game right now zzzzzzzzzz

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah this patch feels like we're only getting half a patch where they forgot to address all the actually cancerous aspects of the game right now zzzzzzzzzz
they're on a 2 week cadence, can't get to all that fast

saying stuff like LEBLANC AND KATARINA NEED NERFS isn't really doing anything, riot already knows this, they just gotta figure out the right nerf

it takes time to figure out you need to lower katarina's e ad scaling by 0.15 lol

highlights?

we overwatch now!
oh breezy...

scy

it takes time to figure out you need to lower katarina's e ad scaling by 0.15 lol

I was going to keep :popcorn: but I feel like this is missing a good portion of the point of trimming away at Kat builds that were AD-centric. Or, rather, basically targeting the Longsword start build (and some AD runes setups) that is, yes, "click on the opponent a bunch" in the end. It's a ~20-30 damage nerf on her L2-L3 all-in and some trim on the Shunpo poke. The Gunblade change is probably not enough to unseat it from a rush item but just making it not enough to win things for her.

Ultimately, a fed Katarina is still a fed Katarina despite the change. This is more to see if it's harder to get fed in the first place than making her less oppressive when going off.

zkylon

zkylewd
I was going to keep :popcorn: but I feel like this is missing a good portion of the point of trimming away at Kat builds that were AD-centric. Or, rather, basically targeting the Longsword start build (and some AD runes setups) that is, yes, "click on the opponent a bunch" in the end. It's a ~20-30 damage nerf on her L2-L3 all-in and some trim on the Shunpo poke. The Gunblade change is probably not enough to unseat it from a rush item but just making it not enough to win things for her.

Ultimately, a fed Katarina is still a fed Katarina despite the change. This is more to see if it's harder to get fed in the first place than making her less oppressive when going off.
yea that was more meant as a joke

like i said many times before, they're probably zeroing on the right nerf and this is something that was also necessary cos of excess power or whatever

edit: i still feel like if they don't acknowledge that real nerfs are coming then they're risking that reaction from people with less patience than me. i like it when they're a lot more open with the whole "yea we know camille's busted, but we haven't figured the big nerf yet, so in the meantime we're trimming away this excess thing". like the note on kat made it sound like this shunpo nerf was gonna make her balance and that's just not right

remist

I don't understand what riot is trying to do with the jungle. Making the clear way more punishing is just going to further narrow viable champions and reward the current OP's. Might as well delete champions like ammumu with an already weak early clear from the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Camille
Precision Protocol (Q) bonus damage on second hit lowered to 70% from 100%

Tactical Sweep (W)
Mana cost increased to 60/65/70/75/80 from 50/55/60/65/70
Slow lowered to 60/65/70/75/80% from 90%

Hookshot (E) !
Mana cost increased to 70 from 50
Stun duration lowered to 0.5 from 1 second.

camille getting hit pretty hard

scy

yea that was more meant as a joke

like i said many times before, they're probably zeroing on the right nerf and this is something that was also necessary cos of excess power or whatever

edit: i still feel like if they don't acknowledge that real nerfs are coming then they're risking that reaction from people with less patience than me. i like it when they're a lot more open with the whole "yea we know camille's busted, but we haven't figured the big nerf yet, so in the meantime we're trimming away this excess thing". like the note on kat made it sound like this shunpo nerf was gonna make her balance and that's just not right

Maybe? I feel like it's less a case of "We know we're doing more" in this case and closer to "We think she popped off too easily so we're stopping that and then reassessing." Dark Seal starts lost not as much but they were already weaker / more passive starts and less likely to snowball; LS start lost a lot of the "You actually auto-lose" that it carried.

I do agree it's probably likely they go back to her and target AP related things, just that I get specifically what an AD nerf here is targeting and it's honestly a lot bigger than some like -5 or -10 damage to a base damage or any AP scaling would do.

zkylon

zkylewd
Maybe? I feel like it's less a case of "We know we're doing more" in this case and closer to "We think she popped off too easily so we're stopping that and then reassessing." Dark Seal starts lost not as much but they were already weaker / more passive starts and less likely to snowball; LS start lost a lot of the "You actually auto-lose" that it carried.

I do agree it's probably likely they go back to her and target AP related things, just that I get specifically what an AD nerf here is targeting and it's honestly a lot bigger than some like -5 or -10 damage to a base damage or any AP scaling would do.
then it would be nice if the patchnotes actually talked about targeting longsword starts with the nerfs

i think i've actually never seen the ls start, but i don't have that much experience playing against nu kat since she's in permaban status and in the faker vs jin air game he starts dark seal

so eh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nekofrog

Banned
Why does malzahar get a free spell shield for a passive that refreshes itself in short order when some champs nearly don't even have a passive

Nev

Banned
Probably the best splash in months. Not saying much since they've been lacking as of late.

Undeserved champ tho.

Why does malzahar get a free spell shield for a passive that refreshes itself in short order when some champs nearly don't even have a passive

Because Riot Games. But hey at least Swain can have a built-in Doran passive. That sweet 9 mana per unit!

scy

then it would be nice if the patchnotes actually talked about targeting longsword starts with the nerfs

The foreword at the start references the Kat, and Darius, changes are specifically for their early game dominance. Outside of fringe things like red pot starts, do they ever really mention specific item starts? Like, Doran Ring GP or something when it comes to specific changes?

i think i've actually never seen the ls start, but i don't have that much experience playing against nu kat since she's in permaban status and in the faker vs jin air game he starts dark seal

so eh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DS is the safer start since it's going to put an extra bit of poke before all-in for the pattern and you get a bit more regen with less certainty in snowballing. Which is part of my point, probably, since he played a sort of safe early lane (to an early death too) into LSLS and doesn't actually go off from early lane so much as everything after that.

There's a lot to be said about her Level 3 all-in that's not really a dagger lead-in play as well (E->WAAQ->EAA->EAA), hence all the wording about repeatedly clicking on dudes in the early game.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
and yeah, rito's "balance" of the jungle keeps having the opposite effect they intend and they obviously still don't see that zzzzzzzzzzz

Probably the best splash in months. Not saying much since they've been lacking as of late.

Undeserved champ tho.

Because Riot Games. But hey at least Swain can have a built-in Doran passive. That sweet 9 mana per unit!

Swain should have that passive built into one of his spells. It's a really boring passive.

zkylon

zkylewd
The foreword at the start references the Kat, and Darius, changes are specifically for their early game dominance. Outside of fringe things like red pot starts, do they ever really mention specific item starts? Like, Doran Ring GP or something when it comes to specific changes?

DS is the safer start since it's going to put an extra bit of poke before all-in for the pattern and you get a bit more regen with less certainty in snowballing. Which is part of my point, probably, since he played a sort of safe early lane (to an early death too) into LSLS and doesn't actually go off from early lane so much as everything after that.

There's a lot to be said about her Level 3 all-in that's not really a dagger lead-in play as well (E->WAAQ->EAA->EAA), hence all the wording about repeatedly clicking on dudes in the early game.
idk, i feel like the context was lacking here because of how big of a pain point kat in general is and how random and meaningless this nerf sounds

like maybe i'm getting something wrong but isn't she losing like 15 dmg on her shunpo and that's about it?

Top Bottom