• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

scy

idk, i feel like the context was lacking here because of how big of a pain point kat in general is and how random and meaningless this nerf sounds

like maybe i'm getting something wrong but isn't she losing like 15 dmg on her shunpo and that's about it?

~13% nerf at base AD on her E, with a bigger gap as she gains more AD (LS+runes pushes it to a like 22% reduction?). It's mostly there's a chance that trimming 10-15 base from her Q or changing the passive ramping would've probably been "ty rito" but this is over double most of those changes in terms of what it does to the specific pain point they mention.

I maybe diluted the point a bit by mentioning the LS start being so good with that but it's just trying to highlight how much of her laning all-in was E and AA reliant, not anything else. So any future "wow she's still lane dominant?" will still be towards her E and the resets off of it most likely and that's why the wording is what it was. They like the idea of Kat landing daggers around and going off of it but the reality is she just gets in your face and puts the daggers down and becomes an AA bot for her cheese.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
yeah for like the first two levels e is just ridiculous but past that it's her absurd dagger pick up damage with 0 counterplay because the range is stupidly large

whoever gets Redemption has a substantial advantage in all-ins, which leaves no room for other item choices

What choices? Solari? Support nomadays only build AP

Diana_Splash_11.jpg

So whats happening in this splash art, she broke her seal and embracing the mask?

I got the idea her zealot personality will be okay for that

zkylon

zkylewd
LB and Rengar are also getting nerfs this cycle, neato

any info on what those nerfs are?

~13% nerf at base AD on her E, with a bigger gap as she gains more AD (LS+runes pushes it to a like 22% reduction?). It's mostly there's a chance that trimming 10-15 base from her Q or changing the passive ramping would've probably been "ty rito" but this is over double most of those changes in terms of what it does to the specific pain point they mention.

I maybe diluted the point a bit by mentioning the LS start being so good with that but it's just trying to highlight how much of her laning all-in was E and AA reliant, not anything else. So any future "wow she's still lane dominant?" will still be towards her E and the resets off of it most likely and that's why the wording is what it was. They like the idea of Kat landing daggers around and going off of it but the reality is she just gets in your face and puts the daggers down and becomes an AA bot for her cheese.
i guess i wished this information was in the patch context and i wouldn't have to depend on katarina players to intricately explain this stuff

the actual context felt really confusing as someone that tried katarina for one game, felt very confused and never played her again :p

Siyou

holy crap is the community in dire need of positive people. I've truly seen some rather sinister sides of people in the last 100 games I've played. In victory, nobody is ever truly happy and talks down the other team. I've had numerous games where someone rage quits or gives up and feeds. The toxicity in this game is stagnant.

Truth be told, being support, all I can do is watch as they all devour themselves in their own manners. I still try to honor, even in matches where we don't win and they did their best to outdo the opponents, or an opponent and I share a rivalry. Being Silver I and staying at 6 LP for the last 12 games, it's not that I'm surprised, I just can't believe it's openly tolerated and the social norm and it's affecting any climb that I should have obtained by now. I've been silver for 100+ games and most, if not all, of my losses have been due to negativity, easy-to-tilt players... Overall it's just bm.

TheFlow

Banned
holy crap is the community in dire need of positive people. I've truly seen some rather sinister sides of people in the last 100 games I've played. In victory, nobody is ever truly happy and talks down the other team. I've had numerous games where someone rage quits or gives up and feeds. The toxicity in this game is stagnant.

Truth be told, being support, all I can do is watch as they all devour themselves in their own manners. I still try to honor, even in matches where we don't win and they did their best to outdo the opponents, or an opponent and I share a rivalry. Being Silver I and staying at 6 LP for the last 12 games, it's not that I'm surprised, I just can't believe it's openly tolerated and the social norm and it's affecting any climb that I should have obtained by now. I've been silver for 100+ games and most, if not all, of my losses have been due to negativity, easy-to-tilt players... Overall it's just bm.
True.

turn off all chat. And mute people on your team if they become negative and only I mute them once your back in the lead.

Also I love people who say "gl hf" only to flame 15 mins

JulianImp

I've been really digging Yorick as of late (no pun intended), but even though I can consistently win (or at least not-lose) lane I can't actually carry the team by myself. Almost every game boils down to me doing good to OK in lane, but then realizing that bot/mid is going 1/6/2 and us getting wrecked as soon as people start to roam. Yorick's reliance on some place he can farm ghouls from means I'll often be fighting by myself if I roam, and pushing lanes means I can't even spawn graves fast enough to exhume my ghouls.

It's still hilarious when people underestimate my ghouls' damage, or when they don't even try attacking my wall as I repeatedly clobber them to death, but all that is for naught the moment I realize all I'm seeing of my ADC most of the time is their face on the respawn timer...

The thing is I feel like dropping support altogether, but I have sunken so much IP in that role that I can't possibly expand my champion pool fast enough to have a decent number of picks available. That and, while I'm okay-ish with top by now, I don't think I should water down my efforts by also focusing on learning mid or jungle at the same time.

Siyou

True.

turn off all chat. And mute people on your team if they become negative and only I mute them once your back in the lead.

Also I love people who say "gl hf" only to flame 15 mins
The worst part is, if they realize they can't get to you through chat they'll spam ping. Equally annoying and a terrible way to induce harassment. It's quite something, really. Thanks for the advice, though.

Newt

I've been really digging Yorick as of late (no pun intended), but even though I can consistently win (or at least not-lose) lane I can't actually carry the team by myself. Almost every game boils down to me doing good to OK in lane, but then realizing that bot/mid is going 1/6/2 and us getting wrecked as soon as people start to roam. Yorick's reliance on some place he can farm ghouls from means I'll often be fighting by myself if I roam, and pushing lanes means I can't even spawn graves fast enough to exhume my ghouls.

It's still hilarious when people underestimate my ghouls' damage, or when they don't even try attacking my wall as I repeatedly clobber them to death, but all that is for naught the moment I realize all I'm seeing of my ADC most of the time is their face on the respawn timer...

The thing is I feel like dropping support altogether, but I have sunken so much IP in that role that I can't possibly expand my champion pool fast enough to have a decent number of picks available. That and, while I'm okay-ish with top by now, I don't think I should water down my efforts by also focusing on learning mid or jungle at the same time.
I recommend sticking to one role and a few champions, but I guess it depends where you're at in the game in terms of rank etc. I guess I do know some people who play every role decently, but those people are rare.

The worst part is, if they realize they can't get to you through chat they'll spam ping. Equally annoying and a terrible way to induce harassment. It's quite something, really. Thanks for the advice, though.
If you think you still have a chance of winning, just ignore the rest of your team and do your best. Though I predict as you rise up the ranks if you ever do, you'll become significantly more toxic.

zkylon

zkylewd
apparently rito canceled the sewn chaos skins because they were bad?

honestly i thought they looked cool, i showed them to my brother that's an amumu fan and he didn't like it but he's a fool

JulianImp

I ended up landing in the amazing bronze 5 in flex q after placements (either 3/7 or 2/8, I don't remember), and now I keep getting one game were my team stomps (read: somebody on the other team is awful and feeds like crazy) followed by two or more games were my team gets stomped (the other way around), so I keep returning to 0LP (at least I can't go any lower than this, anyway).This tier is awful in that it has ridiculous variance, and therefore games often boil down to bad players feeding and nobody having a good time (outside of getting some free LP), so games are often quite unenjoyable for me to play, and I've noticed I kind of plateau-ed at my current support level, were I can make some good calls, land my skillshots more often than not and remember to buy some freaking pinks, but still lack a more global view of the game and a better and more dynamic warding/dewarding game.

That's the reason why I'd like to go top, but then again when I queue up as top/sup, chances are the system will need me more as a support than as a top laner, so I don't get to practice the role I want all that much while I'm stuck playing a role I've been feeling stagnant on for a while.

By the way, anyone got any tips, tutorials and/or videos they could share on playing Singed? I was intrigued by his ability to proxy farm when I spectated a game that had him in it, but I still don't know how to do it all that well, and it certainly looks like you need to be smart about when to proxy and for how long to maximize annoyance to the enemy team while minimizing the chances of you actually dying when they do walk back to get you.

Newt

I ended up landing in the amazing bronze 5 in flex q after placements (either 3/7 or 2/8, I don't remember), and now I keep getting one game were my team stomps (read: somebody on the other team is awful and feeds like crazy) followed by two or more games were my team gets stomped (the other way around), so I keep returning to 0LP (at least I can't go any lower than this, anyway).This tier is awful in that it has ridiculous variance, and therefore games often boil down to bad players feeding and nobody having a good time (outside of getting some free LP), so games are often quite unenjoyable for me to play, and I've noticed I kind of plateau-ed at my current support level, were I can make some good calls, land my skillshots more often than not and remember to buy some freaking pinks, but still lack a more global view of the game and a better and more dynamic warding/dewarding game.

That's the reason why I'd like to go top, but then again when I queue up as top/sup, chances are the system will need me more as a support than as a top laner, so I don't get to practice the role I want all that much while I'm stuck playing a role I've been feeling stagnant on for a while.

By the way, anyone got any tips, tutorials and/or videos they could share on playing Singed? I was intrigued by his ability to proxy farm when I spectated a game that had him in it, but I still don't know how to do it all that well, and it certainly looks like you need to be smart about when to proxy and for how long to maximize annoyance to the enemy team while minimizing the chances of you actually dying when they do walk back to get you.
I'm not trying to say this in an offensive way, but you could probably just die over and over proxying, and as long as you bought a zzrot portal and take towers you'll win the majority of the games in bronze V.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
apparently rito canceled the sewn chaos skins because they were bad?

honestly i thought they looked cool, i showed them to my brother that's an amumu fan and he didn't like it but he's a fool
They were not really promising concepts. Amumu in particular looked really off visually from what the champion is.

This guy has a lot of Singed stuff

Also i feel ya.
Shit's annoying, I have no clue how everything falls apart so easy in these games.
For ever come back from a 1/7 game I have I get a .. Yas player who has Yas banned against him so he picks Tryna mid and rushes Rot vs a Swain. Like ...why?

zkylon

zkylewd
5U6BSMr.png

not often you get such a clean, lovely jungler. gave me all the blues, counterganked mid perfectly twice, was objective minded, perfect

You not getting jokes triggers me Zky. Renekton ate the poro at the end...

That's the joke...
i'm bad at jokes -___-

wtf? i liked those skins :/
it's weird, i don't recall them ever not releasing skins like that?

They were not really promising concepts. Amumu in particular looked really off visually from what the champion is.
idk i thought they were ok for 750s

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
GGs envelope

i'm still salty tbh

ok guys

i have a question

when someone says "no summs bot" does that mean

A. Enemy botlane has no summs

B. Enemy botlane has all their summs

I believed in all that is good and right in this world and chose A and went for the free double kill bot, but alas, it was not to be, for my bot lane duo in their infinite wisdom meant B

and that is why I am still salty

edit: wtf neogaf

drawkcaB

MF blasted graves with water, and he responds by blasting the clothing off of her.

Graves' trial is set for three weeks from today.

Top Bottom