• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Early S6 ADCs were bonkers because of new kits being busted and Shiv Cannon which gave them them massive powerspikes for like 4000 gold, that coupled with old Warlords was just crazy.

It was fun, though definitely not something that could have lasted longer than it did. And hey, nerfing that took two weeks instead of three fucking months.

Bot lane meta is so bad because of Malzahar. Really not sure how this kind of thing takes so long to get fixed.

Recognising an issue is like 3/10ths of the battle. Finding an appropriate solution is a lot harder. Can imagine they don't want to just gut mid Malz (I would be OK with that tho) because of support Malz. Also when there are larger issues with bot lane it's hard to assess just how out of line something is when it could be exasperated by the current wider issues.

I'm sure it will be addressed though.

4e6000f3faa5151d7be

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I guess it is just a difference of opinion in terms of what should be allowed to dictate the meta of a lane. There are larger problems with bot lane that I am fairly certain will be adjusted with item changes over the course of the season. When a single champion begins to negatively impact a role like that I'd rather just see their power drastically reduced...or at least small changes for the short term that would diminish their effectiveness. The overall meta of the game is more important than any one champion being really viable.

Newt

PSA, when you're an ADC and you're getting ulted by a Cait/Jhin, just stop moving, don't run around like a fucking macaque.

I guess it is just a difference of opinion in terms of what should be allowed to dictate the meta of a lane. There are larger problems with bot lane that I am fairly certain will be adjusted with item changes over the course of the season. When a single champion begins to negatively impact a role like that I'd rather just see their power drastically reduced...or at least small changes for the short term that would diminish their effectiveness. The overall meta of the game is more important than any one champion being really viable.
That's true enough, but I still don't get Riot's philosophy of ADC must be super weak early to compensate for their lategame. Someone like Ziggs is pretty much good at every stage of the game after he completes his lost chapter, and it's not like he's an exception, this is the norm.

I think there should just be an item you can build early on ADC that slightly hurts your late. I thought Ghostblade was completely fine, but I guess whatever reason Riot didn't agree.

TheFlow

Banned
just got rekted by a Ori/Sona botlane.

mages are becoming popular bottom lane now?

for anyone curious we were a nami/vayne combo.

Leezard

just got rekted by a Ori/Sona botlane.

mages are becoming popular bottom lane now?

for anyone curious we were a nami/vayne combo.

That lane shouldn't have been much of an issue. Sona is really good against Vayne but depending on the Nami's skills it's an even or favorable matchup unless you are letting Sona hit both of you with her Q and also get an auto off of it. Nami will outtrade Sona 1v1.

Ori should be less of an issue than say Draven/Varus/Cait or other actual adcs with damage.

I've seen a couple of mages in place of adcs in bot lane like Lux, Syndra, Ori, and Ziggs but the only one with actual success has been Ziggs. Lux/Morgana botlane combo was annoying but they didn't have much more than their kill pressure after bindings to offer.

Newt

That lane shouldn't be a problem, since if Ori is harassing, she'll waste too much mana and get shoved into tower. Silver Vayne though, so I'm guessing she's a complete baboon.

TheFlow

Banned
That lane shouldn't be a problem, since if Ori is harassing, she'll waste too much mana and get shoved into tower. Silver Vayne though, so I'm guessing she's a complete baboon.

we have a fucking winner.

Me during chat: you can dodge the ball you know.

Vayne: it's hard.

sona is one of the few champs I can't outtrade with when it comes to nami.

Ori had that annoying shield as well. We got pushed to turret. and then ori just kept putting the ball on us.

I was able to outheal the damage, but Vayne couldn't go ham.

surprisingly Ori had more mana sustain than sona due to her doran ring.

That lane shouldn't have been much of an issue. Sona is really good against Vayne but depending on the Nami's skills it's an even or favorable matchup unless you are letting Sona hit both of you with her Q and also get an auto off of it. Nami will outtrade Sona 1v1.

Ori should be less of an issue than say Draven/Varus/Cait or other actual adcs with damage.

I've seen a couple of mages in place of adcs in bot lane like Lux, Syndra, Ori, and Ziggs but the only one with actual success has been Ziggs. Lux/Morgana botlane combo was annoying but they didn't have much more than their kill pressure after bindings to offer.

I love it when a lux goes bot because it is freelo for me.

Lategame ADCs aren't even that strong anymore. It's really hard to justify their power curve when champions like Ryze and Cassio exist who start spiking with a tear and level 3 and never really stop.

23qwerty

support mf is pretty fun, rylai's kinda trolly but the extra slow is nice especially in the ult especially since she has AP rations on everything

26xZBK2.png

Newt

Ashe might be good in competitive, but she's a garbage solo q pick. Best solo q picks right now are probably like Twitch, Cait and Jhin. Kalista and Draven are also good if you're competent. Varus is really strong in lane, but he requires way too much peel to really be a great pick.

Talents

Banned
Akali buffs
Av5chC.gif
#

What is that Kat nerf? Yeah her problem is totally her Shunpo damage. It barely even scratches her level 3 all in.

Ghost nerfs :( Still probably gonna run it on every mid though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Akali buffs
Av5chC.gif
#
yeah i don't like it either, even if she does desperately need it

akali is one of the worst champions in the game, she's the kind of champion that should be left in a deplorable state like yorick or poppy until she's reworked

What is that Kat nerf? Yeah her problem is totally her Shunpo damage. It barely even scratches her level 3 all in.
yeah i was gonna say they're just chipping away at excess power but the context actually makes it really confusing since it talks about "repeatedly clicking on your opponent" like people are just junpoing on people?

like what are they even talking about lol

they didn't nerf leblanc either so i'm guessing they'll hit them both in 7.3

Ghost nerfs :( Still probably gonna run it on every mid though.
super needed, ghost is the absolute worst for balance

i like running it better than ignite cos it means that 1v1s aren't decided as much by who's got their summoners up and because it encourages roaming, but it's so meta warping and it makes mids so safe that it's just really bad for the game

i like it but mid ghost has to go, or at least have really meaningful tradeoffs

zkylon

zkylewd
another context gem

Lulu’s prevalence as a solo laner was characterized by a combination of strengths she made little trade-offs for, making laning against her a particularly frustrating affair. We solved this by transferring some of her lane clearing power into team utility, hitting her ability to poke champions in the process.
oh yeah i still remember playing one game of lulu after the nerfs and being outpushed by katarina

the truly solved her solo lane issues by removing her from the game

these buffs are good but do shit all for her as a solo laner

meh

Lulu was never meant to be a solo laner

Some characters just arent meant to solo lane. And rito deliberately designs characters into their roles.

zkylon

zkylewd
A bit dissapointed Ziggs didn't get nerfed.
this patch is pretty light, i'm guessing 7.3 will be better

Some characters just arent meant to solo lane. And rito deliberately designs characters into their roles.
zyra was never meant to support but they balance her around it. vi was never meant to be a jungler, same thing

mid lulu was a thing that they deleted from the game way past the point when she was a problem

just revert that senseless nerf, they're doing like the opposite process of what they always talk about with excess power, they're buffing everything except the one thing that they actually need to buff

Vi was meant to be a top laner
Diana was meant to be a jungler
Ekko was meant to be AP
Hell, Lulu was even played as an ADC back in the day.

zyra was never meant to support but they balance her around it. vi was never meant to be a jungler, same thing

mid lulu was a thing that they deleted from the game way past the point when she was a problem

just revert that senseless nerf, they're doing like the opposite process of what they always talk about with excess power, they're buffing everything except the one thing that they actually need to buff

Vi was meant to be a top laner
Diana was meant to be a jungler
Ekko was meant to be AP
Hell, Lulu was even played as an ADC back in the day.

Its obvious they want lulu as a support though

I shouldve instead said "rito likes to pidgeonhole characters into certain roles"

zkylon

zkylewd
Now that the Fae Sorceress sports a healthier clearing pattern, we're comfortable giving her some offensive power back in a way that augments both her support and solo playstyles.
only thing that's clear to me is that they're clueless how to actually solve solo lane lulu

and i find solo lane lulu much more interesting than support lulu, so i very much would love to see her back

It’s no secret that Nidalee’s strength in 2017 isn't what it used to be. There's a catch, though - while most Bestial Huntresses are now struggling to make ends meet, experienced Nidalee players aren’t feeling that pain. We're not in a rush to make her Queen of the Jungle again, but that doesn't mean we can't beef up her consistency. For this round of changes, we're focusing on putting power into Nidalee’s utility outside of the jungle. Making Bushwhack a more consistent Hunt activator - especially in lane - should reward creative Nidalees without putting them right back on top.
ce294f3b06b1bca5f3b986cd1f83f36e.png

Top Bottom