• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
arcade-hecarim-7368_new.png

arcade hecarim toy thing is pretty cool, i like the box too

IP sales for chromas are only for Chromas they've released before :( The new ones from this patch are RP only until the next sale.

I wanted the MF one too :(
yeah, it's pretty lame

not that the new chromas are much better but still

i was thinking about buying one for cassiopeia since all her skins are kind of shit but these chromas are...

uh.....

cassiopeia is such an ugly champion lol

this fucking sucks. I like taliyah. Nerfing her waveclear is waaaay too fucking aggressive because she can only do it on unworked ground in the first place. I hate laziness. This is a lazy move.

Guess I better go ahead and get her to Rank 7 now.
i think it's important that she does get a waveclear nerf because her waveclear is insane but i think that the nerf she's getting might be too much and would rather they did it step by step

they're out of time before worlds so they're just hitting her hard, but i don't think that's much of a good excuse

maybe in 6.19 she'll get buffed a bit to compensate and things will be ok, but i wanted her to be played at worlds and now she might not

although with her banrate she might have a bigger shot at seeing play with the nerfs than without em

But it's not a 1-button wave clear.

Not in the first 15 minutes, anyway. She can only clear either the front line or the back line with her Q on unworked ground. And once all useful ground has been worked, she can't do either well. If you force her to farm on worked ground, she will struggle (or at least, she won't be able to wave clear anymore). Lots of mids can push her under tower.
she has top tier waveclear against every matchup but a few

her waveclear is really op

JulianImp

I ended up logging back in to buy a Koi Nami chroma with my IP, and might end up getting a second one if I end up getting enough for one before they go out of sale.

Nowadays I'm only playing against bots every couple days or so for the daily IP, but that's all. Might eventually come back to the game sometime, but playing alone is both boring and annoying.

Ketch

Wow hold your horses there buddy boy. Its only gonna take longer to 30 and they just pushed the solo queue button so you can relax.

So is it just more blind pick at 30 too?

Should I spend my IP on the cheap champions just so I have more? Or should I stick with the 4 or 5 I have now?

Talents

Banned

Should I spend my IP on the cheap champions just so I have more? Or should I stick with the 4 or 5 I have now?

Personally I think you shouldn't rush into ranked as soon as you hit 30 unless you don't care about what rank you get. When I hit 30 I just played normals for ages before going into ranked but that's just me.

Look at different champs you find interesting and save for those (unless you do just want to go straight into ranked then the quickest way will be buying the 450 and 1350 ip champs). But most of the low cost ip champs are pretty boring imo.

Ketch

Personally I think you shouldn't rush into ranked as soon as you hit 30 unless you don't care about what rank you get. When I hit 30 I just played normals for ages before going into ranked but that's just me.

Look at different champs you find interesting and save for those (unless you do just want to go straight into ranked then the quickest way will be buying the 450 and 1350 ip champs). But most of the low cost ip champs are pretty boring imo.

I agree that the low cost champs suck (aesthetically), and I don't care about ranked.... Would just like a draft instead of blind pick. Maybe blind pick doesn't actually bother me. The thing that bothers me is 4 people picking low hp assassins/marksmen and spamming toptoptopmidadc as soon as the draft starts.

nbraun80

If you want to sort of get a feel for the ranked process I would do normal draft pick, that way you can get a feel for the pick and ban phase and selecting two roles and such. I would probably just get the 450 IP champs out of the way just to have some more champs. Not sure if you know but if you follow League on facebook you'll get trist and a skin for her for free. Also if you're ok with spending some real money, your best value is getting either the chamions bundle or digital collectors bundle.

JulianImp

I agree that the low cost champs suck (aesthetically), and I don't care about ranked.... Would just like a draft instead of blind pick. Maybe blind pick doesn't actually bother me. The thing that bothers me is 4 people picking low hp assassins/marksmen and spamming toptoptopmidadc as soon as the draft starts.

By the time I hit ranked, I had a couple expensive champions in Lulu, Nami, Blitz, Thresh Nautilus and Morgana for my favorite role, plus a couple mids... and Kog (which I only got because its butterfly skin was on sale). I can vouch for most 450 champs being boring and mechanically simple compared to the more recent (and expensive) ones, so I'd suggest that you focus on trying out new champions for your favorite role over buying bulk champs just for the sake of getting into ranked.

Still, normals now having draft mode means you can enjoy the benefits of ranked matches without having to cope with people (or you) raging at losing their promos if they get a troll player or someone begins whining because they didn't get their preferred role. It's supposed to get better if you place into higher leagues, but from my experience as a total newbie (ie: Bronze to low Silver) I stopped caring about losing LP because it isn't like I'm going to drop any lower.

Most of my ranked games were just like normals, in that either team would lose because they got more afks/trolls/flamers than the other team. Fun games were rare enough that I eventually stopped playing all but vs. bot games after a while.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is it bad that I think most of the chromas suck?
nope, there are a ton of sucky facts about chromas:

- old chromas suck
- new chromas suck less
- chromas being sold for ip only twice a year sucks
- chromas being sold for 2000 ip is way too much, so it sucks (but then again riot sells avatars so no surprise there)
- the chromas being sold for ip are never gonna be the new and shiny chromas and that sucks too
- chromas mostly/only being made for skins from now on also sucks

basically everything about chromas sucks

riot did improve them but that couldn't have taken much effort considering how shitty they used to be

Fracas

#fuckonami
Messed around with some crit-based builds on Ezreal and it felt fantastic. Obviously not as safe as Iceborne (and more expensive), but the damage is insane. You get so much free attack speed from that passive.

Leezard

40k ip used on chromas. Still 100k ip left.

Solo queue is apparently active in diamond+ right now, maybe I'll play some ranked this weekend.

zkylon

zkylewd
You could always buy champ shards.

yeah i did that

but kind of short on ip lol

40k ip used on chromas. Still 100k ip left.

Solo queue is apparently active in diamond+ right now, maybe I'll play some ranked this weekend.
that's so much ip

i play a lot of league but i don't think i ever managed to own that much

most i think was like 22k but nowadays i spend all the ip i have on mastery shards

Leezard

yeah i did that

but kind of short on ip lol

that's so much ip

i play a lot of league but i don't think i ever managed to own that much

most i think was like 22k but nowadays i spend all the ip i have on mastery shards
Yeah. I've had all champs since some time in season 3/4,and I get ip faster than Riot releases new champions.
It stacks up quickly once you have all champs.

zkylon

zkylewd
ori's early game still feels really bad against anyone that can pressure her with strong waveclear but the ult cd buffs feel really nice

i still wish she had gotten that bit of a mana buff cos morellos just doesn't feel like enough and i hate both roa and tear builds

Yeah. I've had all champs since some time in season 3/4,and I get ip faster than Riot releases new champions.
It stacks up quickly once you have all champs.
honestly it's not a problem of not owning all the champions, i have pretty much every mid i like (only ones i'm missing are asol, gp, swain, ryze, malz, kennen, heimer, jayce, and i hate all of those champions)

it's more that i don't really play enough to save up much more

also when i had like 20k i spent it on like the last 6 runepages that i ended up using as "section markers" between mid rune groups lol

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Mhmm that arcade agri looks reeeally good.
No wallet i will not spnd 22 dollars for the set.

Now wheres raid boss mordekaiser? The dragon will look dope.
And secret boss velkoz.

Leezard

ori's early game still feels really bad against anyone that can pressure her with strong waveclear but the ult cd buffs feel really nice

i still wish she had gotten that bit of a mana buff cos morellos just doesn't feel like enough and i hate both roa and tear builds

honestly it's not a problem of not owning all the champions, i have pretty much every mid i like (only ones i'm missing are asol, gp, swain, ryze, malz, kennen, heimer, jayce, and i hate all of those champions)

it's more that i don't really play enough to save up much more

also when i had like 20k i spent it on like the last 6 runepages that i ended up using as "section markers" between mid rune groups lol

Ah, I see. Yeah, you don't really need all, that's true. It's more like you run out of IP sinks once you have all champs and rune pages.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ah, I see. Yeah, you don't really need all, that's true. It's more like you run out of IP sinks once you have all champs and rune pages.
yeah

the mastery stuff has worked cos i've spent like 15k already on those mastery champion emblems things to level ppl up

i still find it stupid that i have to spend ip to level up my champions but it's not like i would be doing anything else with it anyways

i ended up spending what little ip i had on two of those for the lvl 6 ori mastery cos the chromas are pretty lame

or maybe if they made a chroma for a champion i liked

Ketch

two questions, if you buy a bundle with a champion you already own in it do you get refunded? and if you buy a boost does it activate right away or can you choose when to start it?

Leezard

two questions, if you buy a bundle with a champion you already own in it do you get refunded? and if you buy a boost does it activate right away or can you choose when to start it?

Typically the price of the bundle is reduced pre-purchase depending on what you have.

Ketch

the boosts activated right away though, which is kind of a bummer, but they're for wins only so it's ok.

ended up getting Garen, Master Yi, Annie, Nunu, and Ryze plus the two boosts for 560RP total. Which is not to bad, considering their like 460 each on their own. And the IP boost probably gives me enough to get another 3k IP champ soon enough

mcz117chief

I unlocked a couple of chests yesterday (I had a bunch of key fragments I didn't know about) and got myself Prom Queen Annie and since it is a really pretty skin I decide to buy the champion so I can unlock it.

Then I proceeded to play a game with her on mid against Brand and I must say I had a blast playing her. Her VO is really cute and her gameplay is easy and fun. Overall a pretty good champ :)

Any other lanes where she works well?

mcz117chief

People love using her as a support character.

It's where I only see her nowadays.

How does she work as a support character? Do you just spam E until you fill up your passive to Q/W stun someone? ADC + Annie combo must be really weak against teams which can hook like Thresh, Nautilus, Blitzcrank, etc. since she only has one stun every fight. She isn't tanky or has any good CC until level 6 and even then she is literally just one trick pony. Furthermore if you don't build her for massive AP then all she will do on lane is just do one stun. Pretty much every support does her job better imo so I would really like to know how she works.

You just need that one nigh unavoidable stun to win a fight if you do it right. She's not as good a supp these days but basically see her as a ranged Leona with good base damage. Your job early is to constantly harass and set up all ins and ganks via your passive. Later on you can either initiate with your ult or protect the backline by stunning and killing things that come near it.

killatopak

So how's Riven these days? I haven't played at patch 6.17 yet. Is she as OP as others predicted?

Edit: Alright got invited in the Alpha. Now I can join in testing new stuff.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Poppy is bae, been picking her up again recently after dropping her from the last round of nerfs, she's still an adorable little wrecking ball that's fun to play unlike a lot of the cc heavy tanks

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I need to play more veigar. Wish i had the essence to make his final boss skin.

Also heres a reminder to not shitpost in ot if you dont want to get banned.

Ketch

I have Leona right now as basically my only support. I'll probably pick up poppy at some point, but I think I prefer support the least. It seems like you really have to do a lot more as support to be effective then the other roles and even then if your adc sucks (in my elo sucks means troll, afk, or a bot) your totally fucked. I'd much rather play adc in bottom lane because at least If my support is useless I can still last hit under tower and if my support is good we win the game in the first 10 minutes.

Right now the champs I play are:

Top: Darius/ vlad
Mid: vlad / Diana
ADC: sivir
Support: Leona
Jungle: gragas/Diana

Vlad is probably my best hero, he's just super fuckin OP. Like mechanically so easy with infinite sustain and ungankable in the early game, and then flash farming hyper carry in the mid and late game. He's only down side is that he can't really do shit to buildings.

I want to pick up another ADC and support, but not sure who. Maybe I'll play some Tristana, she seems like she could carry hard in low elo.... And then support nunu maybe? He seems like he'd be pretty easy. Idk. I like Leona but seems like support, especially melee support is really hard.

JulianImp

I have Leona right now as basically my only support. I'll probably pick up poppy at some point, but I think I prefer support the least. It seems like you really have to do a lot more as support to be effective then the other roles and even then if your adc sucks (in my elo sucks means troll, afk, or a bot) your totally fucked. I'd much rather play adc in bottom lane because at least If my support is useless I can still last hit under tower and if my support is good we win the game in the first 10 minutes.

Vlad is probably my best hero, he's just super fuckin OP. Like mechanically so easy with infinite sustain and ungankable in the early game, and then flash farming hyper carry in the mid and late game. He's only down side is that he can't really do shit to buildings.

I want to pick up another ADC and support, but not sure who. Maybe I'll play some Tristana, she seems like she could carry hard in low elo.... And then support nunu maybe? He seems like he'd be pretty easy. Idk. I like Leona but seems like support, especially melee support is really hard.

For ADCs I've heard Tristana is pretty fine in low ELO, and as for ranged supports, I'd probably suggest:
  • Lulu: Has a pretty versatile kit and is great at disrupting with her W, E and ult
  • Thresh: Middle road between ranged and melee, has a hook and his lantern can also lead to some good plays, but playing solo and/or on low ELO doesn't really help him much
  • Morgana: Gotta work on landing them Qs, and using your E to screw over enemy team comps that might rely on CC (she's great against Blitz while in lane, for example)
  • Nami: A nice mix of sustain, poke, CC and utility
  • Zyra: Great at harassing and poking thanks to her plants and also continues being a decent damage-dealer even in the mid/late game, but the trade-off is her lack of mobility and paper-thin defenses

For tanky melee supports, I'd rather suggest Nautilus or Blitzcrank over Nunu, who I've never even seen in a support role so far.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Corki is the solution to all your problems.

phinious

Nunu support sucks... I play him with my bronze friends tho and just go ap support. At lower Elo people cannot handle him and don't ward. If you can get in a bush and get full ult on a team, it is one of the most fun things in the game. For added fun take ignite and ward their jungles blue or red at 1:42 and kill their jungle as they are about to take the buff

Top Bottom