• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

drawkcaB

Tanks really shouldn't be doing damage without investing in at least some offensive items.

They should force Maokai to go ROA.

Then they should make RoA not an AP item for a very specific set of champions. Riot does need to reexamine the damage formulas on lots of items, I'll grant that. And reexamine how tank stats scale. And...

It's not that no one has noticed Maokai got fucked, its just that no one really cares.

Good fucking riddance.

Fact that people are still recommending Maokai here and on Reddit says you're wrong.

Is there a good way to figure out which roles I would be good within in particular? I know Jungle is something best left alone until you are better at the game, but I have no clue what roles to really try to focus on atm.

We're two weeks away from the Maokai nerfs and they might not even go through, so what if Maokai is still recommended?

On the tanks thing, tanks should definitely do damage, but they should never be able to kill DPS champions before they get killed unless the carry is behind.

Another good Yasuo game, man I love this champion
8eb6b3f9ba935f6eab819b36a98a1232.png

Completely new at this game. Gave up on console gaming for now and I thought this game could be my go to game to have some fun.

Made some ARAMs with my friends and a few Normals. I usually go Top or ADC (this is a fun position to play but my last hitting still needs work) but damn I suck at this game. There's so much to learn.

zkylon

zkylewd
blood moon is kinda fun, it has pretty much the exact same strengths and issues as ascension and i wish they had pushed it further but it's a fine time waster

TheFlow

Banned
Lol mao is still going to be a strong pick. That mana cost won't mean shit if he builds a roa and or frozen heart. They just nerfed his early game-mid game

faridmon

Is there a good way to figure out which roles I would be good within in particular? I know Jungle is something best left alone until you are better at the game, but I have no clue what roles to really try to focus on atm.

I know its exhausting, but your best bet is to play all of them and see which one you will more likely to enjoy.

The rule of thumb is that, each lane/role requires different finesse and qualities. Are you technical guy? and play the game well and have fast reaction time, then ADC is for you, do you have good map awareness, but don't have the skill to back it off, Maybe supp or even top is good for you. and so on.

People here are much better than me in explaining what you would need in each role, but explore your options.

Ever

Banned
PBE Update

- More Yordle finger changes. I guess that means Bandle City is next in line for a big lore event. This is honestly the one I'm the most hyped for (besides Shurima), because the Yordle lore has been patchwork, to say the least. All the yordles are very colorful and have different personalities, and I'd like to see them tied together a bit more besides "we're all small, cute, and furry." Maybe go more into Teemo and Tristana's relationship? The triangle of Ziggs, Rumble, and Heimerdinger? What the fuck does Veigar look like under his hat? If he's a cat, I'll die from the cuteness overload. Lots of possible directions to go here.

- Cho ult buffs. They're buffing his ult a little bit so he can stack up on monsters. He needs it, because feasting on champions is a bit unreliable, and since he doesn't have an AP ratio on his ult anymore...

- Fizz buffs. Is it needed? I don't know? I still see him used in the LCS sometimes, along with Ekko as a Syndra counterpick. Hasn't really done much since his re-work though, most won't as long as Exhaust continues to be stupid. I sort of think his weakness is more because control mages who can zone him hard (Ori, LB) are meta rather than him actually being bad.

- BorK passive changes. I like these changes. It should make it a bit better for 1v1s and chasedowns, because you can keep the slow going if you can keep getting AA's off. I'm looking at the item, maybe the changes won't be so bad after all. It's still very expensive though, which is annoying.

Lol mao is still going to be a strong pick. That mana cost won't mean shit if he builds a roa and or frozen heart. They just nerfed his early game-mid game
"Just" nerfing the early game of one of the safest tanks in the game is kind of a big deal. Forcing Mao to buy mana delays his tankiness considerably, which allows picks like Jayce to make sure he never gets to lategame. Sapling nerfs also make his waveclearing and dueling worse which nerfs him at every stage in the game.

There is no way that BoTRK active makes it out of the PBE. Just now way

And if it does make it to live it needs to be ranged-only. Melee carries and bruisers can't have a fucking 6 second blue smite
Chum the Waters (R)
Auto pick up on miss is less generous. -src.
"Ground attach removed (fix now flops on ground and plays death animation when it misses)" -src
xNOxGgI.gif

TheFlow

Banned
Hard to believe that I am demoted to silver 3 while my fellow silvers are climbing. I am getting to gold this month!

Nekofrog

Banned
Completely new at this game. Gave up on console gaming for now and I thought this game could be my go to game to have some fun.

Made some ARAMs with my friends and a few Normals. I usually go Top or ADC (this is a fun position to play but my last hitting still needs work) but damn I suck at this game. There's so much to learn.

Unless somebody is trying to genuinely be helpful in chat, literally ignore anything they say if it starts to turn negative. Just press tab and click the speaker button next to their name and you won't hear the tiny fly ever again.

The learning curve is very, very steep but there are ways to streamline it. The hardest time you'll have in this game is not knowing what the enemy champion you're up against does. Aram is a fairly efficient way of learning what x champion looks like and does because the games are generally short, you jump into the game super fast, and you tend to see a lot of the same champions on low level aram accounts.

Good luck have fun. It both sucks and is great to be new to the game.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
VwsCks7.png

having unquestionably defeated newt (with a perfect game nonetheless) naota claims the position of best adc in gaf, highlander style

congrats, naota

JulianImp

Bot matches are good for levelling up your account while you get used to basics: tower range, last-hitting stuff and you own champion's kit for the most part, since the AI sucks and is awful at teaching you how the game is actually played when you're up against human opponents.

I started as a support main, and have recently decided to switch to top as my main role instead since I got kind of bored of the bottom lane; plus, it's easier for me to know whether I'm doing stuff right or wrong since there's nobody else in lane to either carry or drag me down.

One of the main things you'll be learning over time is what champions do, so you should probably focus on practicing one or two champions and a single role, since memorizing the champion pool of multiple lanes takes a lot longer than focusing on a single lane, and you're likely to get random losses because you didn't know what the giant enemy fat robot crab man thing does.

Uhhh, every time I face a RoA Mao in top lane I'm happy as fuck.

Cause he just invested 11 or more mins into a stacking item that doesn't make him tankier against my AD and takes 10 mins to reach it's full use. Basically making it not only a free lane but an easy lane to get fed off of cause not only is my Illaoi building DMG (or my poppy builing tank) but my JG sees an easy target and want to get fed. (if they have a few brain cells. Played a Susan game where my Hec Jg ganked my lane exactly ONCE. I was vs an Ashe ... who only had Flash/ Heal ... and was pushed to my tower non-stop. Maybe I should be a JG, cause that looked like an easy lane to camp. Get fed off a solo laned ADC, give Susan a free lane? W/e )

I don't really play Mao at all and remember how hard the game feels when you build RoA on him first. I would assume Mao is better off doing like DRing Sion and just getting a 2nd Dorans Ring for mana and AP and leaving it at that.

Top Bottom