• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Thing about League is it's hard to quit because not many games can really match.

Smite is fun and all, but not really a game that you can get into competitively.

Heroes is just trash.

Dota 2 isn't fun from what I've played.

I remember once I quit for a week and came back.

Something about dota 2 just rubs me the wrong way. I do NOT like how movement feels in that game. It feels extremely unintuitive.

Leezard

I strongly dislike the turn rates as well. It's something I didn't pay attention to when I played the old Dota, but after quite some time with League it's really hard to go back to that feeling of clunkiness.

done with league for a while tbh

Hope you come back later able to enjoy the game a bit. I think getting away from the game when it gets frustrating is good some times.

Turn rates don't bother me all that much. League and Dota occupy very different spots in my mind. The biggest similarities are that they occupy the same genre, otherwise they feel about as dissimilar as C&C and Starcraft.

Talents

Banned
Yea PvP is the main thing I look for in MMOs since I'm not really a fan of PvE so FF14 really isn't good for me, especially since I dislike slow paced combat.

TheFlow

Banned
I jus can't play ranked anymore because I want my gold season rewards.

down for flex/normals when I get done with persona 5 and nier.

I jus can't play ranked anymore because I want my gold season rewards.

down for flex/normals when I get done with persona 5 and nier.

Isn't it possible to decay to silver from gold? I think decay starts in gold but I don't know if it can push you into silver.

drawkcaB

Tried out Bard last night. During laning the difference wasn't really pronounced, but come mid-game (~20-25 chimes) and onward I could really feel the difference.

At 50 chimes, the enemy Kass jumped on my carry so I did the whole support thing and "peeled"...

I say "peeled" in quotations because I didn't so much peel as I fucking annihilated the living shit out of him. 4 consecutive AAs dealing an additional 150 bonus magic damage with a 1s slow and a quick Q to start off the party. ADC took care of the rest with a few autos.

midseason details: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.c...qAK8-midseason-durability-goals-and-direction

tldr:
- mr/lvl for everyone
- most tank items rebalanced to be less overall useful, so sunfire cape gives more armor and less hp, etc.
- bigger importance given to unique effects, dmp slow now doesn't decay and takes less stacks to charge up but falls off faster
- new items, like a mr/armor thing that has bad stats that get doubled when near multiple champions
- old items reworked, ga is being turned into a carry item

sounds ok, kind of worried what mr/lvl means for mids since that's basically buffing all ad champions for free. it's probably not gonna be a big deal but hopefully it won't mess things up much

you should be ok just using the w defensively and poking him out with q's and autos. q mana cost barely goes up with levels so u can just hammer q's and autos on his butt

it's maybe a better matchup than before since u used to max w before so a great deal of your damage required you to go into melee range of him, tho don't quote me on that

I really hope of the items they're changing Riot is finally going to take a good, long look at making Ohmwrecker viable.

Also, from the boards:

It would be cool if there was an armor + ad item, perhaps similiar to Maw. I feel that the lack of such item is significant to old Aatrox and sustain tanks in general underperforming.

Riot Repertoir said:
This would indeed be cool.

Neat.

scy

Yea PvP is the main thing I look for in MMOs since I'm not really a fan of PvE so FF14 really isn't good for me, especially since I dislike slow paced combat.

Combat speed is hard to comment since the GCD is slower but there's a lot of oGCD eventually; it's not terribly precise timing since queueing but not necessarily smashing keys either. Somewhere around 30-40 CPM for most, which puts it on the low-to-mid end of current WoW DPS for activity, for instance (though the top-end is like 80-100+ because w t f Frost DK / Fury Warrior).

...and yeah, the PvP is a special kind of "ehh..." It's inoffensive for what it is, as far as Frontlines "what kind of a clusterfuck will I see today!" is concerned but the 'serious' PvP stuff seems laughable.

drawkcaB

I want to try Renekton jungle. SoloRenektonOnly does it and it doesn't look half bad. The fury stacks don't fall off as quickly as I remember so his clear is actually pretty good. Added bonus: he's an animal and I can add him to jungle pool without breaking my self-imposed rule.

This is the strangest thing, all my friends who quit LoL do this too, like they're too invested in the game even tho they don't play anymore.

Probably the same thing at work for people who still watch a particular even sport though they've stopped playing it. I haven't touched a basketball in well over a decade but I still watch and follow the NBA.

Talents

Banned
I want to try Renekton jungle. SoloRenektonOnly does it and it doesn't look half bad. The fury stacks don't fall off as quickly as I remember so his clear is actually pretty good. Added bonus: he's an animal and I can add him to jungle pool without breaking my self-imposed rule.

Yeah Tarzaned has been playing Renekton jungle recently and he thinks it is pretty good as well.

drawkcaB

What's your self imposed rule?

Only nature (animals, plants, trees) or monstrous junglers. It might be easier to say no humans, now that I think about it. I do it partly because it was a convenient way to trim my jungle pool (which has always been way too large) since I generally find human champs in this game thematically boring. I can't enjoy playing champions unless I enjoy their theme as well.

The tricky part is champions like Sejuani, Elise, or Nidalee. I'll probably give myself some leeway if I happen to like Sejuani's rework - her model is 2/3 the damn mount anyways. Elise and Nidalee are whatever in the end. I've come to terms with the fact I can't play damage-oriented/carry/assassin junglers in any competent way.

Yeah Tarzaned has been playing Renekton jungle recently and he thinks it is pretty good as well.

I think that's where SoloRenektonOnly got the idea as well. I assumed that his first clear would be so-so, and frankly it's not that bad. I'm curious as to why his win rates in the role are so low, but I think Tahm and Nautilus are ok junglers and their win rates are in the gutter. Renekton's kit more or less has everything you need to jungle, so meh.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Blade and Soul had fun PvP last I recall. Not sure if many people still play it though.

Talents

Banned
Blade and Soul had fun PvP last I recall. Not sure if many people still play it though.

Yeah I tried the beta and release version but it didn't feel like it had any potential to be a good game. I wish Blizzard didn't cancel their new MMO "Titan" they were making for a few years. I'd love another Blizzard mmorpg.

JulianImp

Oh nice, so Riot's going to be forcibly upgrading LAS clients at random for the LCU test, and plans on removing the legacy client once things go past phase 3 of their plan.

Won't really be complaining as long as they fix the awful, awful performance issues I'm getting with the new client and allow us to switch VOs somehow (LVOC's easy to use, but only works for the legacy client). The best part is the old client works fine with whatever animations and stuff it uses, yet the new one forced me to run it in toaster mode to make it work and still has awful performance in most things.

Another QOL isue I have with it is that the full daily IP bonus timer shown in your profile requires you to hover over the little icon, and somehow rounds the remaining time up to the closest hour (like wtf, give me hh:mm), so the only way I found for me to see the exact time remaining until the bonus goes back up is to play a game and look at the timer in the post-game lobby, which is pretty annoying. Also, the profile having lots of cute little icons and no text does look slick, but is also a lot harder to understand unless you know what each of them means.

Oh nice, so Riot's going to be forcibly upgrading LAS clients at random for the LCU test, and plans on removing the legacy client once things go past phase 3 of their plan.

This was always the point of creating a new client. Upgrading to the new client was an inevitability. I know you knew this, this post just makes it sound like a surprise.

Nekofrog

Banned
Retuning of tank items to lose some hp will make irelia much more favorable vs them yay

Ah I don't care I don't even play anymore

zkylon

zkylewd
I think I will give up,I am losing more than winning phase.
maybe try some different champions?

try looking at ur winrates and ditch the loser champions

i've had to do this on like syndra or whoever sometimes cos i just couldn't win with them for some periods of time

JulianImp

This was always the point of creating a new client. Upgrading to the new client was an inevitability. I know you knew this, this post just makes it sound like a surprise.

I'm just annoyed that we'll be one of the first regions to get this "upgrade", while I'd much rather get forced to use the LCU once the client no longer turns my 2014 Macbook pro into a toaster while still missing features compared to the old client. Like, the only advantage it has so far is that it looks better (while also being less readable, like with the daily ip timer example), but other than that it has less features and way worse performance than the legacy one.

Calvero

Banned
very fun when no one on the enemy team targets u
3e6974e955.png

maybe try some different champions?

try looking at ur winrates and ditch the loser champions

i've had to do this on like syndra or whoever sometimes cos i just couldn't win with them for some periods of time

Eh , I used to play ADC but I am bad at farming I left that lane

my friends suggest me to use Zyra , Nami and Soraka are fine but I usually lost because Jungler or the Top feed like crazy pretty early beyond being able to fight back

Newt

my friends suggest me to use Zyra , Nami and Soraka are fine but I usually lost because Jungler or the Top feed like crazy pretty early beyond being able to fight back
Post some ranked games postgame screens.

zkylon

zkylewd

well then maybe take a break

nothing wrong with that

Just played the match up again. Even after getting first blood I found it really hard to do anything to him. I feel like he just pushes me in constantly and I end up having to use my Q to farm under turret. Also Leblanc is really E reliant now more than ever and Yasuo has too many ways to outplay it.

I still ended up getting really fed and doing things. Here's a funny highlight I thought you would enjoy <3

https://youtu.be/D6-66vRYEi0
hmm idk, i feel like u should be able to clear if u manage the wave right. i don't think he has that much control over the lane

i'll watch ur video later :p

JulianImp

RIP 2014 MacBook Pro.

What makes no sense is that the new pre-game client is performing awfully now while things have been and continue to be perfectly fine once I go in-game.

I mean, at least strive for functional parity with the old client before "upgrading" into less features and throwing performance off of a cliff.

zkylon

zkylewd
first midseason pbe up:

0.5 mr/lvl for everyone. not a big deal, tho it is a relative nerf to merc treads or tabis but i guess that's not so bad.

new items:
Adaptive Helm
Total Cost: X
Recipe: X
Sells for: x
+300 Health
+70 Magic Resist
+100% Base Health Regeneration
+10% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Passive: Taking magic damage from a spell or effect reduces all subsequent magic damage taken from that spell or effect by 15% for 5 seconds.

Gargoyle Stoneplate
Total Cost: X
Recipe: X
Sells for: x
+40 Armor
+40 Magic Resist
UNIQUE Passive - Stone Skin: If 3+ enemy champions are nearby, grants 40 bonus Armor and Magic Resist.
UNIQUE Active - Metallicize: Increases Health by 40% and increases champion size, but reduces damage dealt by 60% for 4 seconds (90 second cooldown). If Stone Skin is active, the Health increase becomes 100% instead.

i like the gargoyle item, the other one sounds pretty good too

btw that lux buff is fucking annoying. why did she need a buff lol
i played lux yesterday and the only thing i noticed about the buff was my mind veering into the idea of doing suboptimal damage combos just to get the reset off

it's so bad, so so bad

Newt

I mean, I don't disagree, the new client doesn't even run well on my gtx 1060.

Whoever made the new client just needs to be fired. There's literally nothing improved compared to the old client.

I dunno, Adaptive Helm seems kinda overkill? I get that it's supposed to be an option vs DPS casters but does it need to also have that much MR on top of it?

Are champions like Cass not supposed to kill tanks at all?

Ever

Banned
I dunno, Adaptive Helm seems kinda overkill? I get that it's supposed to be an option vs DPS casters but does it need to also have that much MR on top of it?

They're supposed to burn them down over time. That's the point of DPS.

Good on Riot, give top something to deal with this Liandry's cancer all over the league.

zkylon

zkylewd
I mean, I don't disagree, the new client doesn't even run well on my gtx 1060.

Whoever made the new client just needs to be fired. There's literally nothing improved compared to the old client.
no one needs to be fired -__-

even if leblanc rework was a disaster or dynamic q or whatever, they'll just get it right eventually

it's ok to criticize but pls no firerino

there's time for tuning

i think the idea is alright since it hurts someone like cassi or ryze way more than it hurts ori (tho it does hurt her since she'll be doing 2.4s q's for half of the game)

FoxSpirit

Yeah, my first thought: the "I hate Cassiopeia helmet".

They're supposed to burn them down over time. That's the point of DPS.

Good on Riot, give top something to deal with this Liandry's cancer all over the league.
Yeah, but having that much MR on top of a base reduction seems to go against what they were hoping to achieve with the tank itemization, it sounds too much like an universal MR item you just get vs magic damage like metagolem Visage instead of something reactive vs sustained magic damage.

Corki's fuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

Leezard

Yeah, but having that much MR on top of a base reduction seems to go against what they were hoping to achieve with the tank itemization, it sounds too much like an universal MR item you just get vs magic damage instead of something reactive vs sustained magic damage.

Corki's fuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

It's gonna compete with Spirit Visage for sure. I don't think a lot of champs will go both unless the enemy team is very ap heavy.

I said fuck it, and chose top, won as Illaoi

That helmet but be pretty useful for supports but I guees everyone but supports will use the item.

Top Bottom