• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

drawkcaB

I'm having fun learning Kindred. Way more than I expected. The ultimate can just be really satisfying to use when you're blocking an incoming damage ult where someone expects to kill you. Seems really hard to reach some of the stack camps unless your lanes are winning though.

That was the same issue I had, and it's what ended up pushing me away from playing her more. I'm generally not a fan of stacking mechanics as it is, but add on a stacking mechanic that I don't fully control, either because like you said it can depend on how the match is going, and because of RNG early on...feels bad.

zkylon

zkylewd
DG43peq.png

i dodged jungle lulu, so the client gets bugged and stuck in potato mode, so when i try to open a chest it just freezes

i restarted the client and i'm like "what did i get?" and i don't find the NEW icon or anything, so i'm really confused what happened. did the bug stole my skin or whatever?

turns out i had gotten another astronautilus shard -___-

f u rito lol

(btw, the client is still stuck in potato mode even after two restarts...)

After tanking my rank and playing BoTW to remember what having fun is like I have decided ...

I'm just gonna spam "1v1 me bro!/ Sick outplay!" Champs until I get gud with them (and Sej top if I every buy her. I want a tank in my pocket other than Sion and Riot had to go full goof and try to keep Galio more focused on anti mage shit to be the "best situation" to pick him into ). Mainly cause not being able to win games late without Illaoi is really starting to piss me off and Illaoi is more of a "You out played yourself so now I get to fuck you" champ as she has no CC or mobility and only offers counter engage AOE burst dmg that you have to walk into to kill you. (That beautiful Burst DMG T_T)

Tried Kled ... I can win lane with him and have no clue how to do jack shit after that so I don't win. And if I get behind I just feed out the butts.

Gonna try ... Fizz/ Riven/ Darius (movement speed Darius btw) over my weekend.

Leezard

Have we gotten any indication on when we're getting the 7.9 patch?

Regular patch intervals would say we get it tonight/before tomorrow (which means patch notes in 13 hours or so), but I vaguely recall that a rioter on reddit said that it would be longer than normal before the midseason patch.

I like how they've made Rift Herald more like the Boss Merc from HotS. You kill it, 'capture' it, and then it pushes down a lane for you.

You're going to see alot of games where teams focus on getting Rift Herald and doing a huge push using her. You'll probably see alot of more priority given to the Rift Heralds side, because she's going to be an incredible aid to do an early game push.

Leezard

I like how they've made Rift Herald more like the Boss Merc from HotS. You kill it, 'capture' it, and then it pushes down a lane for you.

You're going to see alot of games where teams focus on getting Rift Herald and doing a huge push using her. You'll probably see alot of more priority given to the Rift Heralds side, because she's going to be an incredible aid to do an early game push.

It's interesting in general how this midseason patch has gotten some HotS inspiration. The quests for support items also feels very HotS-inspired.

I'm mostly looking forward to Rift Herald discouraging 5 man bot ganks, since there is a decent objective top. And yeah, Rift Herald seems to have great pushing power. You should almost always at least get one tower from it.

It's interesting in general how this midseason patch has gotten some HotS inspiration. The quests for support items also feels very HotS-inspired.

I'm mostly looking forward to Rift Herald discouraging 5 man bot ganks, since there is a decent objective top.

Yup.

Rift Herald can be used in a few ways(If again, we take a look at HoTS)

1)In HotS, you save the boss camp for controlling an objective. For League this translates to most likely, controlling Dragon. A Rift Herald and a supporting champion can't be stopped by an enemy top alone, so it creates more dynamic situations.

2)As a distraction. The Rift Herald can take out a tower or two by itself and with a minion wave, so it gives the team using it a chance to 5 man bottom. If nobody on the enemy team responds, the Herald does work.

And yeah, the support items are very HotS inspired. Except instead of being a talent, it's an item so that's neat. You complete the quest, get a pretty nice boost for doing it, and that boost stays with you, along with whatever passives it was giving you already.

It's pretty nice to see Rito take inspiration from another great game.

(Reaching the end, I see they're doing recognition for players at the end of a match like overwatch and hots too, nice.

zkylon

zkylewd
finally got around reading this one: http://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/for-demacia/

(recommended to play this at your leisure during the fight scenes cos it's awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aluBPpzCHc)

that story was great, very berserk-esque and lux and garen both get to be badass which is cool. lux is still too srs for my taste but as long as she's not crying it's a set up

i would LOVE to see these kind of stories be made into 20m animated episodes

i think i've ran out of lore to read. maybe i should read the viktor and jayce lore, i heard interesting things about that

Have we gotten any indication on when we're getting the 7.9 patch?

Regular patch intervals would say we get it tonight/before tomorrow (which means patch notes in 13 hours or so), but I vaguely recall that a rioter on reddit said that it would be longer than normal before the midseason patch.
tomorrow night

also heimer changelist: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.c...merdinger-changes-for-710-request-for-comment

Leezard

Yup.

1)In HotS, you save the boss camp for controlling an objective. For League this translates to most likely, controlling Dragon. A Rift Herald and a supporting champion can't be stopped by an enemy top alone, so it creates more dynamic situations.

2)As a distraction. The Rift Herald can take out a tower or two by itself and with a minion wave, so it gives the team using it a chance to 5 man bottom. If nobody on the enemy team responds, the Herald does work.

And yeah, the support items are very HotS inspired. Except instead of being a talent, it's an item so that's neat. You complete the quest, get a pretty nice boost for doing it, and that boost stays with you, along with whatever passives it was giving you already.

(Reaching the end, I see they're doing recognition for players at the end of a match like overwatch and hots too, nice.
Yeah, these are a couple of nice additions. From my limited Heroes experience the quests are often quite slow there and it can be hard to complete them in a reasonable time, so I'm hoping the support item quests are tuned so they become completed in a reasonable time. It helps that the laning phase makes early game League slower than early game Heroes in terms of macro play though.

tomorrow night

Cool, thanks. I'm looking forward to this patch.

Yeah, these are a couple of nice additions. From my limited Heroes experience the quests are often quite slow there and it can be hard to complete them in a reasonable time, so I'm hoping the support item quests are tuned so they become completed in a reasonable time. It helps that the laning phase makes early game League slower than early game Heroes in terms of macro play though.

Yeah. League games tend to be longer on average though, so what would take 15 minutes in HoTS to complete a quest(And near the end of the game), those same 15 minutes will simply be the start of the League match in comparison.

So as long as the quests are tuned to be done 15-20 minutes in, then as a support you should get a good amount of use from the item.

Leezard

So Heim needs 120AP to break even on the nerf to turret Q, but he gets to store 3 turrets immediately. RWQE will be his skill path now. I like this change.

However, flat 50 second beam recharge is insane. That pretty much means turrets only get to fire one beam in practice.

Rocket (W)
Mana Cost: 70 - 110 >>> 50 - 90
Cooldown: 11 >>> 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 / 7
Each rocket hit on champions charges 20% of each nearby turret's beam attack.
Grenade (E)
Grenade hitbox: 210 >>> 250 (stun hitbox stays the same)
Cooldown: 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 >>> 12
Make it less punishing to fish for E's in lane
A successful E hit on a champion charges all nearby turrets to full beam charge.

You can get a full beam charge on W if you hit 5 missiles and full beam charge if you hit E. If you're hitting multiple spells you will get more beams than before. It's a nerf, but it raises his skill ceiling and gives him potential for more damage than before.

Yup.

Isn't the boss camp taken largely as a punishment if a team is out of position or loses a team fight?

I think the boss in this game will largely be used to power group-pushes instead of setting it up as a distraction like you can do with merc camps in hots. The strength of the new rift herald, to me, is that you probably cannot kill it very easily with a few enemies around.

I'm excited for the new patch, but I'm worried about how the new rift herald will be an interesting way to punish my shitty top laners.

Isn't the boss camp taken largely as a punishment if a team is out of position or loses a team fight?

I think the boss in this game will largely be used to power group-pushes instead of setting it up as a distraction like you can do with merc camps in hots. The strength of the new rift herald, to me, is that you probably cannot kill it very easily with a few enemies around.

I'm excited for the new patch, but I'm worried about how the new rift herald will be an interesting way to punish my shitty top laners.

It depends on the map and the situation. Usually yeah, the safest time to do boss is if the opposing team is across the map or if they lost a fight. But there are characters that can solo it or do it with few members safely, and on cursed hollow/blackheart bay you can take the boss to either discourage the enemy team to fight for the objective since theres a boss marching down across the map. It varies on your team comp(ie Rexxar and Varian can safely solo the boss with little help, allowing them to do it whenever), on the map(size and objectives give you different opportunities), and the positioning(both enemy and yours.)

Rift Herald is definitely gonna change game a bit. What was a buff that had a minor effect, is now a major objective more important than dragon early on. I may be overstating the importance of it, but I foresee rift herald becoming a staple of control simply because of its tankiness against turrets and requiring coordination and its weak spot to take down fast.

Personally I'm just a big fan of the hairstyle and I also think the armor is cool. The gun is pretty cool too, but that doesn't rank as highly on the list of reasons why I think this looks cool.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Don't really like the new Cait skin. Too much overlap with Headhunter.

Quonny

oh nice, pf ez update

that's a good goodwill move by riot

also, it'd be cool if when you lock a champion the music changes to the champions homeland's theme

zkylon

zkylewd
Ivern: Lowered movement speed, higher health and mana cost per camp taken. Dude's just straight too strong
Rakan: Shifting some power from his E (lower shield strength) to his Q (100 more range) and probably W (bit more damage at present). Looking to ensure his play's not too dominated by just ally shielding. Probably power neutral overall.
Rumble: Shifting some damage from Q to Overheat auto attacks, with the goal of making his laning a bit more interactive (Overheat autos require him to draw minion agro). Also aiming for power neutral, but with better game health.
good stuff

PFE update was promised a few months back
ye lol it's no surprise

cait skin looks alright, i think the gun looks dope but the outfit is kinda featureless

zkylon

zkylewd
C-2Yoz5XkAEb8aN.jpg

looks quite a bit better, even tho i never liked the original design

also man, cait should get a new model quick

i feel like riot should like do a quick check on champion.gg and polish up the like #1-3 champions in every class so that at least the most played champions don't look super outdated

like with mid it's not such a big deal since midlane is like ahri and friends, and ahri model looks fairly ok, but for adc that's like lucian vs caitlyn every single game i feel like cait could look quite a bit better

then again skins existing kind of make that a not very good use of rito's time

anyways, holy fuck this is awesome

bJJMzZc.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
Rammus basically getting a full mid season rework just a patch delayed
nah, it's more in the vein of the small assassin changes like zed or something

changes look kind of positive but he gets a ton of extra cc and didn't lose the point and click taunt so he'll still be bullshit af :/

zkylon

zkylewd
Ooh you can cancel Rammus Q with CC now yesss
oh, hadn't realized that's what his q being a channel meant

that's something for sure, that's a good change for kit health, specially since his q doesn't last as long

before you could qe him with syndra and the q lasted so long he could still catch you, now if you qe him that's a gank defused

that's pretty good actually

jerd

nah, it's more in the vein of the small assassin changes like zed or something

changes look kind of positive but he gets a ton of extra cc and didn't lose the point and click taunt so he'll still be bullshit af :/

Man idk that's a ton of changes. Significant changes to every ability.

All semantics though I guess either way he should feel really fresh. Attack speed sounds cool. I feel like Q max is gonna be nuts

Top Bottom