• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

zkylon

zkylewd
im9qxPH.png

i'm guessing it still has 10% cdr and they just missed it in the patchnotes, right? i mean, there's a fucking fiendish codex in there lol

if it does (and it better) then at 2500g it's pretty gold efficient even if it's kind of not that great in slot efficiency

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm guessing rift herald buff will be much better on junglers than laners now, right?

like, while junglers probably use wards more than laners (specially someone like lee sin, tho i guess he buys the jungle wards item) and they're gonna hurt more from not having access to their trinket, they can probably make better use of the enhanced recall and can just drop the herald wherever they get a successful gank for a free turret

hmm

Nudull

Banned
So, after thinking about it and playing Heroes of the Storm for a while. I decided to give this game a try. I liked healing/support on HOTS, so I figured I could give it a shot here too.

Any good entry-level champs I should check out?

Newt

So, after thinking about it and playing Heroes of the Storm for a while. I decided to give this game a try. I liked healing/support on HOTS, so I figured I could give it a shot here too.

Try Sona, Nami or Lulu.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Looking over patch notes...if Maokai is weak it's because W nerf is unreal. Too much damage lost between ult/W. W level up is so bad it's almost not even worth putting points in. Can saplings do reliable damage? Hard to say. Probably funny to stack them in river brush though. These changes are a huge shift to push Maokai back to jungling I think where you can actually use the ult. I still like the direction for the character. Looks much more interesting to play than damage soaking while you mash root/smash.

Sejuani passive is insane. Slow immunity is huge and the stats are strong. E is obviously powerful. Cooldown is so low too that the loss of an AoE stun is not that bad. You can actually four second stun a target and the slow is pretty powerful. Zac gets to be a strong initiator now that he can actually apply meaningful CC after jumping in. Very big damage loss though on top of the Cinderhulk changes. Still forced to max E even though it is getting nerfed. Zac is very weak early and honestly can do nothing against invades.

Item changes are weird to me. Gargoyle is strong but more for supports than anyone else. New Scepter is very very strong. Many champions do not lose much survivability between it and Visage. I think I like the new Doran's Shield but honestly the item seems like it can be used anywhere. Do not really like the Cinderhulk changes. Comes too late to help early tank clears. Awful trade for the heavy reduction to champion damage. Rift Herald seems too strong to me but maybe I'm totally off. Obviously the window is short but if you set it off down a lane you can maybe just take Baron or a dragon.

dimb

And the Diamond on NA 120 ping is complete.
tfw second NA diamond player is from EUW LUL
Nice job.

Lulu would be the absolute best option. Nami too if you want something with more healing. The rotation of free champs this week is kind of weak for supports, but Tahm Kench is there if you are willing to try something that is a bit more skill intensive.

drawkcaB

Not a fan of the Ivern nerfs. I don't think hitting his passive health and mana costs are the way to go. These are closer to the numbers he had on the PBE and they felt terrible. It'll bring his power down, but not in a good way. Late game camps do fuck all to any viable (hell, non-viable champs as well) damage wise, so I don't think Ivern should be any different.

I'd much, much rather see his grove placement timer start at 6-8 seconds and scale down with levels at 6/11/16. The current nerf will make it easier to kill Ivern when you catch him invading, but he's already easier to kill than most champions. The problem is catching him in the first place.

Sad to see no changes to his E. I'd love to see the damage portion completely stripped off and made up with some changes to his W (more AA bonus damage and a longer timer on empowered AAs when leaving brush). I've said it before and I'll said it again - force Iverns to max Q first. Ivern players as well as the players on the receiving end of his ganks will be thankful for it.

On the bright side, Rammus changes look really good.

i'm guessing rift herald buff will be much better on junglers than laners now, right?

like, while junglers probably use wards more than laners (specially someone like lee sin, tho i guess he buys the jungle wards item) and they're gonna hurt more from not having access to their trinket, they can probably make better use of the enhanced recall and can just drop the herald wherever they get a successful gank for a free turret

hmm

Depends on the champions in question.

"Forcing" Ivern to max Q first is a pipe dream cos even without the damage portion you probably still want to max E.

It also doesn't solve Ivern's current problems or meaningfully hit him where he's overtuned which is his early game impact. Changes to how his passive functions generally lead to a lot of bad feels, so hitting his durability and access to spells/camps via mana seems like a decent bet imo

Like, even if you shift his damage entirely to Q/W/Daisy I don't think you're solving anything.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i don't find those nerfs super bad

i mean, whatever you do to inven is gonna feel bad cos he's so busted that whatever you do has got to be painful

my uneducated opinion is that daisy uptime is way too high and his shield spamming gameplay is the kind of janna style gameplay that leads to high winrates, but on top of that he has like a godly super safe early game with actual gank pressure

he should kind of get hit on all of that tbh, but most of all i would kind of like seeing him be forced to take more risks than being a second janna

Sej is weird. I don't understand this rework.

They said they're making her basic abilities more powerful, but her Q damage has been nerfed, the new W does less damage and E doesn't exist until you stack it (which seems impossible to do on your own).

zkylon

zkylewd
this cait skin might be one of the best riot has done in a while

i love skins with like randomized recalls like abyss thresh or this

dimb

Sej is weird. I don't understand this rework.

They said they're making her basic abilities more powerful, but her Q damage has been nerfed, the new W does less damage and E doesn't exist until you stack it (which seems impossible to do on your own).
You can leave Q at level one like most Sejuani players do and you lose 20 damage. For less mana and with a lower cooldown. All W damage comes out in less than a second, compared to the four seconds before, and it stacks Frost. Q -> auto -> W -> E. Because you are a jungler and mostly fight with 2+ people your allies will almost always be there to help with stacks. W is also better against low health targets and better early than the old version, which means you do not need to put points in it. You also get a huge damage bonus from the passive.

You can leave Q at level one like most Sejuani players do and you lose 20 damage. For less mana and with a lower cooldown. All W damage comes out in less than a second, compared to the four seconds before, and it stacks Frost. Q -> auto -> W -> E. Because you are a jungler and mostly fight with 2+ people your allies will almost always be there to help with stacks. W is also better against low health targets and better early than the old version, which means you do not need to put points in it. You also get a huge damage bonus from the passive.

Q still lost 80 base damage at max rank and only knocks up one now. Just thought it was a weird nerf considering the goal of the rework.

Does W give two stacks when you hit both parts? It just seems incredibly difficult to stack that E. And if you're ganking mid or bot then your team mates likely won't be able to help you with that.

On the other hand, I really like what they've done with Maokai. His sound effects are nice and crunchy and the new saplings/ult are really fun.

dimb

Q still lost 80 base damage at max rank and only knocks up one now. Just thought it was a weird nerf considering the goal of the rework.

Does W give two stacks when you hit both parts? It just seems incredibly difficult to stack that E. And if you're ganking mid or bot then your team mates likely won't be able to help you with that.

On the other hand, I really like what they've done with Maokai. His sound effects are nice and crunchy and the new saplings/ult are really fun.
The goal is to remove excess power from the kit to consolidate it within a stronger loop. Knocking multiple people up off Q was always rare because you stop on contact and the radius for knockup was tiny. Frost stack is way easier than you are probably thinking. It is up all the time and the reward is a two second stun and a huge damage bonus.Your allies can stack Frost as long as you are nearby, and Sejuani can no longer be slowed when coming in on ganks.

drawkcaB

my uneducated opinion is that daisy uptime is way too high

I go back and forth on that one. On the one hand it's in line with other ultimate summon spells (Annie, Yorick, Morde) but on the other it does so much more than those summon pets can. Maybe take the uptime down a good amount and make the uptime scale with AP. Give Ivern a reason to build AP.

I don't know. If I had to rank the problems with Ivern Daisy's uptime, as much flack as it gets, wouldn't be on my own hit list.

and his shield spamming gameplay is the kind of janna style gameplay that leads to high winrates

Hence why I'd love to see the damage striped from Triggerseed and moved elsewhere. Damage, CC, and shield in a single ability. Force Ivern to max Q first, which delay E's max rank to level 13 from level 9, which reduces his early game synergy with his choice items.

Right now it does every single thing he wants.

but on top of that he has like a godly super safe early game with actual gank pressure

I mean...that's the current crop of meta junglers in a nutshell. Lee, Elise, and friends aren't exactly dangerous to play.

Ever

Banned
I want to talk about those Renekton bug-fixes for a minute. These are very interesting changes that actually mean a lot, more than what non-Renekton mains see on the surface.

Let's start with the Q changes. Riot mentions that they fixed a bug where Renekton could basic attack at the same time as Cull the Meek. This is actually a well known occurrence amongst Renekton mains. It's very simple to pull this combo off. Press Q, and then click on a target to AA during your Q animation. It's one of Renek's easiest combos and contributes a lot during potential one-shot situations and laning since it's essentially a free auto attack during your combo, which adds a bit of damage and gives you 2 fervor stacks for extended trading if you wish. Losing this interaction is a straight nerf, and it's very annoying considering all the armor changes and the Black Cleaver nerfs that are coming in the pre-season patch.

However, there's a big change that might be huge for Croc players next patch. If you notice at the top of the notes, Renekton no longer ignores inputs during his ability cast times. Now all those abilities can be queue'd to go off in rapid succession.This is actually huge, because it reduces the timing needed to get off certain combos, and makes a whole world of new animation cancels possible with Renekton. I could sit here and describe this, but I think a video would be a bit better.

http://plays.tv/video/59094adb22f3c...ombos-missed-out-doing-game-but-you-can-still

Take a look at some of the crazy shit he's able to accomplish. I love this change. Makes it so that skilled players are allowed to play him to the full benefit without him being OP as hell.

Gurrry

Im guessing there is no chance of me being able to join the Gaf club at this point right? Seems to cap at 50 so I might be too late.

arigato

Go Veigar or Tristana support for the lols.

zkylon

zkylewd

sona and soraka are both pretty cheap healers

if you don't mind playing tankier supports you can try taric who i think is a lot of fun or alistar, who's also pretty cool

all of those are very cheap so you could probably buy them after a few games (i think sona is 3150 tho, the rest are 450 ip for taric and soraka and alistar is free -check out the ot)

New client was a mistake.
i think it's not ready to be out of beta, that's all

talking about the old client is useless

The goal is to remove excess power from the kit to consolidate it within a stronger loop. Knocking multiple people up off Q was always rare because you stop on contact and the radius for knockup was tiny. Frost stack is way easier than you are probably thinking. It is up all the time and the reward is a two second stun and a huge damage bonus.Your allies can stack Frost as long as you are nearby, and Sejuani can no longer be slowed when coming in on ganks.

Yeah, these were just first impressions. I was probably playing it wrong.

Maokai is the new top aram champ. Stacking saplings in brush is like Shaco box/Teemo shrooms on steroids (the dot procs thunderlords). Ult takes up the entire map. It's pretty funny.

Leezard

Doran's shield is looking quite strong in this patch. LS thinks that some adcs might take it +2 pots above the longsword + 3 pots.

jerd

been playing some hots today since the free hero thing is cool

its nice, its like easy league

mvp most matches so far lol

It's like league but objectives are more important and people are somehow worse at moving toward them

But yeah definitely been having fun with it even if I don't know what's happening most of the time

Doran's shield is looking quite strong in this patch. LS thinks that some adcs might take it +2 pots above the longsword + 3 pots.
It sounds like a good opener vs harsh lanes yeah. You won't really lose much damage thanks to the new on hit passive while getting a fuckton of passive regen.

Leezard

It sounds like a good opener vs harsh lanes yeah. You won't really lose much damage thanks to the new on hit passive while getting a fuckton of passive regen.

Especially Ez who gets the on hit on his Q anyway and doesn't really have much AD scaling outside of his ult anyway. I can see Ez getting it most of the time, especially since he is getting tear before Bork anyway.

Just as a heads up, the amount of healing you do (aside from maybe Soraka) isn't really comparable to what supports do in HotS. In HotS being a support feels to be about mitigating huge burst and sustaining in long fights. Supports in league tend to be supports more because of their utility than their ability to sustain allies in team fights (though some are about sustain).

Tizoc

So I'm guessing Lethality items might be rushed more often now? Armor is upped on items so bork is kinda worthless on its own.

Leezard

So I'm guessing Lethality items might be rushed more often now? Armor is upped on items so bork is kinda worthless on its own.

How much more useful do you think lethality items are if armor is upped on items? Penetration is typically worth more the closer you can reduce the targets armor to 0, less if they have a lot of armor.

Crit items are buffed too so it's not super simple to say what type of build path will define the meta adcs right now.

Gurrry

just saw that the sejuani rework is live. ive been maining her since i started playing more and im worried it will change up my tactics. hopefully she is still to my liking

Gurrry

ok so just played my first game with new sejuani

she can clear camps so much easier now. my CS is insanely improved now. her W is weird, but I like it. im still not sure i understand everything about her yet, but i will in time.

the only thing i dont like is her new ultimate. i loved her old one so much and this one only freezes the champion it hits and slows everyone else, rather than stunning everyone. it makes me have to actually aim my ultimate now lol.

overall, im still mixed on the changes but I think in time she will still be awesome to me.

Ever

Banned

Hmmm. I find I win more games by winning lane consistently and being a damage dealing distraction in fights than by trying to go heavy damage to be the primary carry. Seems to work well for me.

Code:
Behold achieved Mastery Level 4 - Magus with Karthus!
cactaurfan90:  1st blood and 2 level lead
cactaurfan90:  proceeds to solo die 3 times
SSJG Wukong left the lobby
Behold left the lobby
cactaurfan90:  "report www"
Is tiantian:  team 4 reports plz
cactaurfan90:  report yasuo
cactaurfan90:  and bot lane
ImwutUrwaiting4:  enjoy the ban
ImwutUrwaiting4:  d2 ww
cactaurfan90:  dude
cactaurfan90:  idgaf
Is tiantian:  we are going to report you
cactaurfan90:  this acc was 6$ I have 20 games on it
Is tiantian:  you fking stupid bitch
Gator Raid
GAF
:  gg wp
cactaurfan90:  and Im already at your lifetime BEST ELo
cactaurfan90:  20 games
cactaurfan90:  to get to where
LinkinParkVEVO left the lobby
cactaurfan90:  it took u 4 seasons
cactaurfan90:  how does that make u feel?
ImwutUrwaiting4:  lol
Is tiantian:  i dont care about you
cactaurfan90:  mine 20 games > your 4 seasons of playing
Is tiantian:  you stupid fk
ImwutUrwaiting4:  u mom must suck a lot of dicks
ImwutUrwaiting4:  'to boost ur brain
Is tiantian:  i dont care about you promo
cactaurfan90:  plays 20 games
Slong2Long left the lobby
cactaurfan90:  get higher than a kid
ImwutUrwaiting4:  and might use her asshole
wind n rose left the lobby
ImwutUrwaiting4:  to
cactaurfan90:  with 3 seasons on his acc
cactaurfan90:  plz
ImwutUrwaiting4 left the lobby
Is tiantian:  if you fking talk shit to us
cactaurfan90:  talk sht to me
Is tiantian left the lobby
cactaurfan90:  more
G9 Havoc:  lmao this ww is plat 5
G9 Havoc:  w/ way more than 20 games
cactaurfan90 left the lobby
G9 Havoc:  AND HE LEAVES
G9 Havoc:  LMAOOOOOO

post game lobby

WW was a D2 smurf apparently :thinking:

EDIT:

Qj5Sz0g.png

Got 'em

drawkcaB

ok so just played my first game with new sejuani

she can clear camps so much easier now. my CS is insanely improved now. her W is weird, but I like it. im still not sure i understand everything about her yet, but i will in time.

the only thing i dont like is her new ultimate. i loved her old one so much and this one only freezes the champion it hits and slows everyone else, rather than stunning everyone. it makes me have to actually aim my ultimate now lol.

overall, im still mixed on the changes but I think in time she will still be awesome to me.

In case you didn't know, if you ult a target and then AA them, you'll trigger her passive damage without having to stack up her E, but her E then goes on its usual cool down.

However...

If you stack her E normally, stun, pop the passive damage, and then ult the target, it'll stun them again, and you can apply the max health damage passive again as well. So when ganking with ult up against a single target, you're better off going W-AA-Q-AA-E(stun)-AA(trigger passive damage)-R-AA(trigger passive damage) as your combo because the burst is quite better.

Wow, Riot killed the blue support item to avoid other roles to abuse it and the coin mission is kind of dumb since it pushes the support into danger just for gold.

And stats for the aftermatch is useless because people leave and dont care if you save them or granted vision on the match to spend time watching stats after they lose or won.

Leezard

Wow, Riot killed the blue support item to avoid other roles to abuse it and the coin mission is kind of dumb since it pushes the support into an danger just for gold.

And stats for the aftermatch is useless because people leave and dont care if you save them or granted vision on the match to spend time watching stats after they lose or won.
I don't think they killed the spellthief line. Mages just got to put in more effort than a single Morgana W or Malz E.

Top Bottom