• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

TBDxBaz.png

I don't get it. What's with the win rate that goes UP over time and stays there? I thought Nunu was pretty much just a support that goes jungle except with abilities that hardly make any impact.

it might be a bug with the region text and it actually pulls data from the region you chose

edit: nvm, apparently the only way to see regional stuff is from the statistics page, when you go into specific champions it no longer shows stats for the region you selected

you can use the stuff in the statistics page tho not as comprehensive
Thanks.

Bungie's

They only go on sale a few months after release. Maybe PFE will get a special discount due to the update but I wouldn't count on it.

they haven't gone on sale yet but they'll start going on early sales at least (elementalist lux should be this month)

idk about other sales, you could at least wait until pulsefire cait to buy ezreal
hard to find this info but apparently lux ultimate will go on sale later this month? gonna wait maybe they do some kind of sale with pfe.

TBDxBaz.png

I don't get it. What's with the win rate that goes UP over time and stays there? I thought Nunu was pretty much just a support that goes jungle except with abilities that hardly make any impact.

Nunu is a character who gets better the more accustomed to a jungle a player is. He can steal a bunch of shit, cc a bunch of shit, and you never try to steal an objectivd from him.

And with an ability that will always increase an adcs damage, hes a good character in the right hands.

Just got autofucked support and instead of dodging as I normally do I just decided to ride it out with The Tree.

Reminds me of Malz rework after it was nerfed into support. The rework may not have made him feel good top (haven't tried him top yet) but fuck does it make him feel strong bot.

All that bush control ... all that CC ...
Doesn't hurt that it was a Ziggs/ Zil bot so MR was super effective.

Newt

Just got autofucked support and instead of dodging as I normally do I just decided to ride it out with The Tree.

Reminds me of Malz rework after it was nerfed into support. The rework may not have made him feel good top (haven't tried him top yet) but fuck does it make him feel strong bot.

All that bush control ... all that CC ...
Doesn't hurt that it was a Ziggs/ Zil bot so MR was super effective.
Bronze mentality.

faridmon

Midseason patch still feels quite new, but I guess we're getting patch notes tomorrow.

I still can't get my head wrapped around these new Tank Items.

I just build what I always build on tanks, Spirit Visage for MR, Frozen Hear for Armour and Warmog for Health/ Regen. Maybe go RoA for AP tank once in a while

Leezard

I still can't get my head wrapped around these new Tank Items.

I just build what I always build on tanks, Spirit Visage for MR, Frozen Hear for Armour and Warmog for Health/ Regen. Maybe go RoA for AP tank once in a while

I think adaptive helm is still a bit niche, but I see Gargoyle stoneplate a lot.

Damn, I've become super bad. I was Diamond 5 last season and took a long break. I got placed into Gold this season - I don't mind climbing but I'm generally losing my lanes which is depressing. I swear some of these gold players are mechanical gods. I saw worse Lee/Zed/Azir/Kata/Syndra 1v1/2v2s in my diamond games than this elo. I've resorted to easy mode champions like Annie and Vel'koz.

I'm still winning most games because these same people are complete buffoons after lane phase but I doubt I'll be reaching Diamond this season...

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Damn, I've become super bad. I was Diamond 5 last season and took a long break. I got placed into Gold this season - I don't mind climbing but I'm generally losing my lanes which is depressing. I swear some of these gold players are mechanical gods. I saw worse Lee/Zed/Azir/Kata/Syndra 1v1/2v2s in my diamond games than this elo. I've resorted to easy mode champions like Annie and Vel'koz.

I'm still winning most games because these same people are complete buffoons after lane phase
but I doubt I'll be reaching Diamond this season...

are you spectating my games :harold:

Bronze mentality.

#andwhat?
#Fuckbotlane
#Sololane4life
#botlane?morelikeborelane

Been looking at both HOTS and Dota 2 and wow ... they seem like night and day compared to LoL.
Dota seems to take it's self far more seriously and allows for a really complex spectrum of ways you can play. But it really does lack waifu material because of this serious nature :/
HOTS seems to take it's self more lightly than LoL and focuses on fast and simple fun. Far more Waifu material but not much in the unconventional waifu material (like Illaoi or Cammy).

Neither of them seem to have the production quality seen in LoL as of late in regards to character animations and presence. Lacking the impact and whimsy. Though some Dota heroes look majestic as fuck.

DLing Dota now, gonna try it and HOTS later tonight.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
#andwhat?
#Fuckbotlane
#Sololane4life
#botlane?morelikeborelane

Been looking at both HOTS and Dota 2 and wow ... they seem like night and day compared to LoL.
Dota seems to take it's self far more seriously and allows for a really complex spectrum of ways you can play. But it really does lack waifu material because of this serious nature :/
HOTS seems to take it's self more lightly than LoL and focuses on fast and simple fun. Far more Waifu material but not much in the unconventional waifu material (like Illaoi or Cammy).

Neither of them seem to have the production quality seen in LoL as of late in regards to character animations and presence. Lacking the impact and whimsy. Though some Dota heroes look majestic as fuck.

DLing Dota now, gonna try it and HOTS later tonight.

Are you being serious??

zkylon

zkylewd
I dunno, I find every form but Light to be so much better

I still wish I could just skip Light or get first form right at 6 or something
all of the forms are good, i just like star guardian better

i'll probably use the element that has the more bullshit unfair vfx. i know there's one that has invisible spells in aram, must be the same for summoner's rift

Nev

Banned
Dota is boring and HOTS is shallow.

If you want a change just go Smite/Paragon.

Lol is unbeatable when it comes to RTS view. Too bad the community is a terminal illness.

Quonny

I agree. If you want something new but familiar, go with one of the third person MOBAs. I personally find Paragon the more enjoyable of the two.

You'll just be frustrated with Dota 2 or bored with HotS.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh that's true, i thought it was official overwatch twitter posting that

untitled_by_citemer-db9b222.jpg

i like sfw citemer a lot more than nsfw citemer

Dota is boring and HOTS is shallow.

If you want a change just go Smite/Paragon.

Lol is unbeatable when it comes to RTS view. Too bad the community is a terminal illness.

I agree. If you want something new but familiar, go with one of the third person MOBAs. I personally find Paragon the more enjoyable of the two.

You'll just be frustrated with Dota 2 or bored with HotS.

I'm gonna be frustrated and confused no matter which game I play cause of the cast size. it's like chess. it's not gonna make sense until you know what all the pieces do and how the rules work.

I'm not afraid of learning Dota (some people gotta fucking like it lol) and I'd like to see what it's like to play the most simple of the 3 with the shortest game time I assume.
I picked up Fizz in hopes of being able to enjoy LoL again. He's damn fun, thinking I should try Ahri and Ekko after him.

i16175177912.jpg

idk what that is but i like this

You're a fan of bad anatomy ... interesting.

Leezard

top 4 times in a row....

midlaner on my team is a support player that got autofilled...

little witch academia is awesome, but i have no idea what that's about

Probably just mid secondary. Playing support once makes you autofill immune for a couple of games, so he can't really get autofilled unless he's not been playing support for like 3 games in ranked anyway.

zkylon

zkylewd
Probably just mid secondary. Playing support once makes you autofill immune for a couple of games, so he can't really get autofilled unless he's not been playing support for like 3 games in ranked anyway.

idk, he got mid and asked to trade for support

anyways, would be nice not to lose all my lp being forced to play top over and over...

faridmon

I really don't understand the level of disdain some people have against playing Support Once in a while. I mean, maybe the game isn't for you care about kills....

Nev

Banned
I really don't understand the level of disdain some people have against playing Support Once in a while. I mean, maybe the game isn't for you care about kills....

The average Lol player is a 16 years old edgelord/dudebro straight male. They like to kill things with edgy characters to show off their eDick.

You're surprised they don't like to play support? Lol.

I think people in solo queue sometimes don't want to play support because they feel like they have low impact in the game. If they can't kill someone, they can't carry. But little do they know my support carries me in all my games so.

I don't really mind playing support. I queue as ADC and support and have always gotten one of those roles. I should probably learn other positions too.

faridmon

The average Lol player is a 16 years old edgelord/dudebro straight male. They like to kill things with edgy characters to show off their eDick.

You're surprised they don't like to play support? Lol.

Well, League isn't about killing though

Its about objectives and map control

Passive - Mark of The Kindred

No longer grants Lamb bonus % current health damage on her basic attacks
Now amplifies all of Kindred’s basic abilities per stack as outlined above
Every 4 marks increases Kindred’s basic attack, Dance of Arrows and Mounting Dread’s cast range. The first 4 marks increase their ranges by 75, while every 4 marks after increase their ranges by 25.
Oh hey, Riot is fixing Kindred for realsies now. Took them long enough to get rid of her passive.

JulianImp

Well, League isn't about killing though

Its about objectives and map control

Yeah, you tell that to my low-elo compatriots who'd walk from our fountain all the way into the enemy's chasing after a low-health opponent... at least body counts are now in the sixties on my average game compared to the hundreds I had in most of my games last year.

Support is often seen as a boring role because you spend your early gold on a sightstone and your not-so-exciting support item, get burdened with one of your slots being pink wards for the whole game, and in lower elos your teammates are pretty linkely to complain about having no vision and yet not placing any freaking wards, let alone buying any pinks of their own. On top of that, you'll often be empowering teammates rather than 1v5ing people, and people often want to be the Yasuo acing the enemy team rather than the Lulu who has to make sure Yas doesn't die as he goes for that play.

Besides, who care about the A portion of KDA, it's all about KD... or something.

kayos90

Yeah, you tell that to my low-elo compatriots who'd walk from our fountain all the way into the enemy's chasing after a low-health opponent... at least body counts are now in the sixties on my average game compared to the hundreds I had in most of my games last year.

Besides, who care about the A portion of KDA, it's all about KD... or something.

Yup. The moment you try to call someone out on making out on a bad play too they'll get defensive and start pointing to their KDA vs your own. The game at lower levels is literally a dickwaving contest. It's stupid.

faridmon

Support is often seen as a boring role because you spend your early gold on a sightstone and your not-so-exciting support item, get burdened with one of your slots being pink wards for the whole game, and in lower elos your teammates are pretty linkely to complain about having no vision and yet not placing any freaking wards, let alone buying any pinks of their own. On top of that, you'll often be empowering teammates rather than 1v5ing people, and people often want to be the Yasuo acing the enemy team rather than the Lulu who has to make sure Yas doesn't die as he goes for that play.

Yeah you are 100%, but I can see dmg based supps like Brand or Zrya being populer with these lo, but again, what can I expect from Yasuo mains

Leezard

Yeah you are 100%, but I can see dmg based supps like Brand or Zrya being populer with these lo, but again, what can I expect from Yasuo mains

You'd think that, but they don't know how to trade in a 2v2 lane so they fuck it up and fall behind. Suddenly the game is much less fun for them.

kayos90

Stopped playing with my RL friends. Legit holding me back when using a split push strat and got me super triggered last night. Can't do it anymore if they're not willing to learn how to handle split pushes.

Newt

Stopped playing with my RL friends. Legit holding me back when using a split push strat and got me super triggered last night. Can't do it anymore if they're not willing to learn how to handle split pushes.
GAF never holds anyone back.

:harold:

drawkcaB

Oh hey, Riot is fixing Kindred for realsies now. Took them long enough to get rid of her passive.

Not really. The problem of having to rely on RNG being friendly to get stacks in the first place will keep fucking up her balance. Might even be worse now that more of her power curve is pushed into getting stacks. They've managed to introduce some other potential problems by making her mixed damage now, particularly in her E.

kayos90

I'd rather play with my friends and lose than randos and win.

Caring about your rank in 2k17 LUL

No thanks. When I'm tryharding, I expect my friends to respect my mindset and go along with it since we're both playing ranked and not normal. I don't have this mutual level of respect and expectation from randos.

Top Bottom