• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Leezard

Wow, really?

It felt like the shield did nothing compared to Lulus and Janna. maybe I should max E first instead W

Yes, E max is definitely the way to go in his current iteration. W/Q are all right one point wonders in comparison while E is the best shield in the game.

faridmon

Yes, E max is definitely the way to go in his current iteration. W/Q are all right one point wonders in comparison while E is the best shield in the game.

Cheers, do you know what is his best build? I like I am building tanking items (Redemption, Spirit Visage and Frozen Heart) even though I know its not optimised on him

Also Same Mastery as Lulu?

Leezard

Cheers, do you know what is his best build? I like I am building tanking items (Redemption, Spirit Visage and Frozen Heart) even though I know its not optimised on him

Also Same Mastery as Lulu?

I'm not well versed on his best build, but you probably want Redemption + Locket at least.

I like Windspeakers but I see a lot of people go courage of the colossus.

Here's the page for Rakan on lolalytics.

When I've played him I usually go Eye of the Oasis (coin + sight stone combined item), boots of swiftness, redemption, locket, and then knights vow. Personally I think boots of swiftness is his best boot choice because you always get the move speed (unlike mobis) and they also reduce the effect of slows.

I like to run courage of the colossus because his whole playstyle is centered around running into the enemy team and using CC, but windspeakers seems equally viable. For levels 1-3 I go Q->W->E and then max E -> W -> Q. My rationale is that I don't want to start W in lane because I basically never want to all in level 1, and I don't start E because it doesn't really give me as much presence in lane at level 1 either.

Actually, what the hell. Lolalytics says that thunderlords is the highest winrate mastery for Rakan (but it only has a 6% pick rate so I'm not sure how accurate that is) followed by colossus, followed by bond of stone, and finally followed by windspeakers.

I've been seeing a lot of Rakans going Watchers this patch for the Tribute MS proc on abilities which makes sense since it synergizes well with his ult.

Leezard

I've been seeing a lot of Rakans going Watchers this patch for the Tribute MS proc on abilities which makes sense since it synergizes well with his ult.

Yeah, that does make sense. Probably makes more sense than coin does if I'm not planning to upgrade to the active item.

I don't think spellthief makes sense right now since Rakan is godawful at proccing the passive so your quest will be very late.

It might be more reasonable after the Q range buff.

clemenx

Banned
i wonder why riot likes fizz to have the q+w interaction and whatnot

like if they removed his on-hit stuff (so remove that portion from q, rework w) they would get rid of tank fizz and he'd get a new spell and he'd get more counterplay also

idk what's the obsession with the on-hit stuff about

I agree with this. It's time to completely change it.

Fizz is "Fizz" because his ulti and mainly his E. Change the other 2 around them.

I just hate on Fizz so much but at the same time AP Fizz is probably my favorite champ lol.

Quonny

It's insane how much I depend on qt's stream.

I think I've watched him every weekday from 9-4 for like three months now. I work from home, so it's a godsend.

And when he's not streaming I just don't know what to do with myself.

No...don't do this...
Not saying its good or not, its just what I've been seeing in streams which seemed weird for obvious reasons.
It's insane how much I depend on qt's stream.

I think I've watched him every weekday from 9-4 for like three months now. I work from home, so it's a godsend.

And when he's not streaming I just don't know what to do with myself.
Watch Shiptur

faridmon

I'm not well versed on his best build, but you probably want Redemption + Locket at least.

I like Windspeakers but I see a lot of people go courage of the colossus.

Here's the page for Rakan on lolalytics.

When I've played him I usually go Eye of the Oasis (coin + sight stone combined item), boots of swiftness, redemption, locket, and then knights vow. Personally I think boots of swiftness is his best boot choice because you always get the move speed (unlike mobis) and they also reduce the effect of slows.

I like to run courage of the colossus because his whole playstyle is centered around running into the enemy team and using CC, but windspeakers seems equally viable. For levels 1-3 I go Q->W->E and then max E -> W -> Q. My rationale is that I don't want to start W in lane because I basically never want to all in level 1, and I don't start E because it doesn't really give me as much presence in lane at level 1 either.

Actually, what the hell. Lolalytics says that thunderlords is the highest winrate mastery for Rakan (but it only has a 6% pick rate so I'm not sure how accurate that is) followed by colossus, followed by bond of stone, and finally followed by windspeakers.

Thanks for this. I'll try a match with Windspeakers now and see how it goes. Also will max out E and see where it takes me. I am worried that I am so used to Collosus when I am team fighting that windspeaker might be more of a hindrance than anything else

faridmon

Holy shit guys, you weren't joking. Windspeakers + Max E is something else. Thanks!

wnwtI4D.png

and for some reason I wasn't dying as much.

Although against a better team and better players, I won't do as good, but I'll take a win

EDIT: Won my second game but with 1/8/22. MOre death so I have to be more aware

zkylon

zkylewd
”Hey, Harknor," she said to the desk-warden when she reached the cells. ”What's so important Caitlyn has to drag me from an erotic dream about—"

”Ah, ah, stop right there," said Harknor without looking up from his elevated desk as he ran a finger down the list of prisoners brought in during the night. ”I'm not in the mood to hear another of your lurid fantasies."

”You sure?" grinned Vi, leaning on his desk and blowing a loose strand of pink hair from her eyes. ”This was a good one. Had a plot and everything."
vi story is really good

cait story is pretty bad tho. i kind of like they gave the hat a lore reason or something but it's really dumb and she's got like sherlock holmes powers and idk, she has a stun gun which is weird.

honestly they should've done a story where the two of them interacted instead of two mildly connected stories, specially since they gave cait like a partner guy, so why not just partner her up with vi?

also going through the piltover/zaun stories just makes me want there to be more zaun champions

zaun is such a cool location now

Holy shit guys, you weren't joking. Windspeakers + Max E is something else. Thanks!

and for some reason I wasn't dying as much.

Although against a better team and better players, I won't do as good, but I'll take a win

EDIT: Won my second game but with 1/8/22. MOre death so I have to be more aware

Good score line, but I would really suggest upgrading your boots sooner. On rakan the extra mobility absolutely helps. It only delays your build by like 500-600 gold?

Executioners is kind of ridiculous. For 800g in an even game you essentially take Mundo's ult out of the game. I think executioners is a bit too cheap right now?

Quonny

It's too strong, though. It should have less healing reduction in it's EC form and then what it has now in it's max form.

That, or remove the attack damage from it and make it cheaper, making it a more situational item than it is right now.

Newt

It's not like Swain or Vlad are weak picks RN, if Mundo needs buffs, just buff him, don't nerf executioners.

yes! wait...is Discord killing LeagueGAF thread too? Discord was a mistake.
Discord > GAF

We even have a NSFW thread where Zky and others can post without being judged!

The problem with EC is that it needs to exist. Heals are so overbearing in League that you need a way to shut them down completely, specially with items like Redemption now existing.

Discord > GAF

We even have a NSFW thread where Zky and others can post without being judged!

amazing!

GAF was a mistake

Okay guys, I haven't played since January. What do I need to know about the 2 new characters and the Galio rework? Are they all good? OP? ADC itemization still about the same in terms of purchase order? Jayce still playable top?Tayliah still irrelevant?

amazing!

GAF was a mistake

Okay guys, I haven't played since January. What do I need to know about the 2 new characters and the Galio rework? Are they all good? OP? ADC itemization still about the same in terms of purchase order? Jayce still playable top?Tayliah still irrelevant?

I love Rakan but he's a melee support in a meta still dominated by range harass/shield/heal supports. I think his kit will make him a high-tier pick in competitive if we ever move back to a melee support meta. Xayah is fun, no idea where she ranks at the pro level but she's good enough to be played in high elo soloq. Galio turned out pretty well, he has a semi-global ult that gives someone a huge amount of straight damage reduction and then does a knockup. Check lolalytics for build order/runes/mastery suggestions.

ADC itemization is super different now, though you may not have even been here for the lethality meta. Bork was king for a couple patches, but some crit items were made cheaper so it might make a comeback in popularity.

You can still play jayce top, but he's not as dominant as he was.

Taliyah isn't irrelevant, still not a number 1 pick though. But tbh I think that's because she works really well with coordinated team play and not as well with soloq. You won't get any strange looks from picking her though.

ok tyvm! I'll check op.gg for the current builds for my favs. I have enough IP for one of the 2 new characters. I guess I'll have to watch other people play them and decide that way which to get first.

Top Bottom