• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Is this franchise acutally worth getting in to? I've got Zeruda and a launch Switch but still haven't got the time or patience to do the first 'boss'.

It's probably not worth getting into league if you're not already invested.
:)
Persona the game is, I think, worth getting into. I haven't played any other Persona games so I can't speak to the series. I'm also not sure where your interests have to lie to really be interested in the game either.

It's capital G greed no doubt.\

I don't normally bother to point it out, but you're surprised/pointing out greed in America? We're capitalists after all.

Newt

Apparently 2 saplings is enough to kill a Lux from full health.

How did this make it past PBE
303406101506818049.png

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
tumblr_oho8tspHaf1u55q7oo1_500.gif

get outta my jungle ya kappa
cy@
omg this annie is such a boosted animal
oh tilted! tilted! runnin' it down mid!
embrace your inner weeb
pop a molly
holy fishmole
i dont wanna say anything but [says something anyway]
TELL EM
put em in the DIRT
tumblr_ob5ib78O7R1r4089mo1_500.gif

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hey guys what's going on in thi-

JulianImp

Cousin finally hit level 30 so we could start playing ranked, and so far he's 2-0 in placements and I'm climbing back out of the hole I got myself into in Flex (since I only began sticking to Teemo and Nami after I got tired of flex and started playing soloq more). We'll probably switch over to soloq once he's more comfortable with the two-role system, but I don't really know how long that could take since he has to learn a whole new role (he's trying mid, with top as his primary). Any recommendations for midlaners that are somewhat on the safer or more forgiving side to someone new to the lane?

Both games we've had awesome teammates and the opposing teams were awful by comparison, so I'm expecting him to do well enough in placements. He's now in the "play passive" phase where he doesn't die but he doesn't really do crazy flashy plays, but I guess he'll eventually find a middle ground between that and running at enemies like a berserker.

By the way, what was the cap on rank/divison difference in order to play ranked with others?

I'm glad people are going full AP Maokai support.

Please elaborate, because I'd certainly like having Mao as a flex pick rather than just taking him top when playing normals (ranked's still Nami-only for the time being).

zkylon

zkylewd
the viktor story is so good, viktor is such a mischievous, awesome character lol

I'm glad people are going full AP Maokai support.
had a full tank no sighstone one last game on the enemy team, but it seemed like he did a whole lot of nothing

his ult is kinda cool tho, escaping it with lizzy was pretty dope

also sejuani feels kind of busted still and the stun indicator is absolutely terrible lol

DevilDog

Bought my first skin, project Ashe.

The skins in this game are so fucking good. It almost feels like playing a completely new character.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

had to lane against a kat so i picked morde because i saw it on lcs once

went like 6/1 in lane and could 2v1 when they ganked but ended 11/8 cause i have no clue how to team fight with a morde, especially against bs champs like voli and trundle

still carried tho

zkylon

zkylewd
man the climb to d5 gets steep at p1

i feel like every person i play with has like 800 games played so they're most definitely stuck in this elo and it kinda shows on how quick and easy they give up on games and start running it down mid lol

that would be fine since that's kind of not that different from lower elos, but i feel like this is as high as my mechanics get me and i'm not winning lane most of the times. which is kinda fine cos i'm playing lots of anivia but by the time i 'turn on' the game is often already over

probably gonna switch to more aggressive mids (so let's abuse ahri now lol) so i can at least make pressure in the early game

so here. we. go.

pM8WQuk.jpg

also man i can't wait for ping muting, what terrible thing i did in a previous lifetime to deserve these salty lucians lol

Quonny

zky whatever happened to that artist that drew those really cute chibi league characters in that unique artstyle? wasn't traditional anime style

i know that's vague but you posted a couple of them a while back and they were amazing

faridmon

My brother who just started this game 6 months ago got drafted in Silver 3 and I am stuck in Bronze 3 when I have played this game for 4 years

Feels bad man

JulianImp

My brother who just started this game 6 months ago got drafted in Silver 3 and I am stuck in Bronze 3 when I have played this game for 4 years

Feels bad man

From what I've heard, the game always places you in silver on your first placements. If that was the case, I was dumb/unlucky enough to go for my first placements ever during preseason, so I got no silver rewards and got put in my place (bronze 3-4, I don't remember) once the season started.

The good thing is I'm finally good enough to slowly climb out of bronze. Realistically, I'd hope to get to mid/high silver this season, but it'd be nice if I managed to breach g5 for the free skin.

faridmon

From what I've heard, the game always places you in silver on your first placements. If that was the case, I was dumb/unlucky enough to go for my first placements ever during preseason, so I got no silver rewards and got put in my place (bronze 3-4, I don't remember) once the season started.

The good thing is I'm finally good enough to slowly climb out of bronze. Realistically, I'd hope to get to mid/high silver this season, but it'd be nice if I managed to breach g5 for the free skin.

I honestly don't think I will get out of Bronze this season. I just hope I beat last years placement of Bronze 2 and get to Bronze 1

JulianImp

I honestly don't think I will get out of Bronze this season. I just hope I beat last years placement of Bronze 2 and get to Bronze 1

Climbing a single rank/division (I don't really know the terminology) per season sounds pretty weird. If anything, I'd recommend watching some streamers for your favorite champs that play in diamond and above, since getting out of bronze is merely about getting the basics of the game down.

Down here, most of the time I see teammates who chase kills too hard (especially around areas without vision), never buy a single control ward, get ganked because of poor wave management and map awareness, insist on running down mid 24-7 after the 20-minute mark and do dumb stuff in general, such as building lots of armor against a full ap team or trying to take baron in the early mid-game when the whole enemy team's both alive and MIA. Then there's also the players who are good at 1v1s in the early game but suck at prioritizing objectives or picking their fights once laning phase's over, and their scores turn from 6/0s into 12/18s or worse...

Fizz
Seastone Trident (W):
Passive's AP ratio increased from 33.3% to 40%
Active's AP ratio increased from 33.3% to 40%
Charged Active's AP ratio increased from 100% to 120%
Damage changed from 25/40/55/70/85 to 20/30/40/50/60

Wait a sec

Told you they'd nerf Tank Fizz and not AP Fizz mate-o.
And I told you Riot always tries to nerf Tank Fizz by giving AP Fizz compensation buffs which usually makes AP Fizz fucking stupid and ends up with him being changed again, which usually makes Tank Fizz good again and so on and on and on

Just fucking nerf and only nerf the champion for once for fuck's sake, he doesn't need compensation buffs.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder why riot likes fizz to have the q+w interaction and whatnot

like if they removed his on-hit stuff (so remove that portion from q, rework w) they would get rid of tank fizz and he'd get a new spell and he'd get more counterplay also

idk what's the obsession with the on-hit stuff about

JulianImp

Wait, since when does someone answer "Fizz is terrorizing toplane" with "guess we'll have to buff mid Fizz then"? I'm not up to date on the latest changes, but I remember Fizz getting buffs a short while ago, and buffing one of his two lanes doesn't sound like it'd address the issue of him still being a pain to deal with in the other.

I just started playing Fizz ... I really enjoy him.

Was thinking about doing a TF Gunblade build.
Now everyone wants him dead in the water? Isn't his WR stable enuff?

Leezard

Wait, since when does someone answer "Fizz is terrorizing toplane" with "guess we'll have to buff mid Fizz then"? I'm not up to date on the latest changes, but I remember Fizz getting buffs a short while ago, and buffing one of his two lanes doesn't sound like it'd address the issue of him still being a pain to deal with in the other.

He is getting nerfed in top lane, they are reducing his bases and increasing his scaling. Top Fizz doesn't buy AP.

That said, screw Fizz.

zkylon

zkylewd

tired of anivia so played some ahri today

got lucky with shitty mids so managed to hide my badness lol

i feel like i got too tired of anivia and i'm not being very effective anymore

i'm loving playing lizzy tho, she feels really good atm

also idk, saiyan ahri is cool

faridmon

Man I am two mind about Rakans buffs/nerfs

Love the fact that Q and W is buffed, but the one that needed an actual buff (The Shield) is getting a nerf. WTF? The shield is super small already.

Climbing a single rank/division (I don't really know the terminology) per season sounds pretty weird. If anything, I'd recommend watching some streamers for your favorite champs that play in diamond and above, since getting out of bronze is merely about getting the basics of the game down.

Down here, most of the time I see teammates who chase kills too hard (especially around areas without vision), never buy a single control ward, get ganked because of poor wave management and map awareness, insist on running down mid 24-7 after the 20-minute mark and do dumb stuff in general, such as building lots of armor against a full ap team or trying to take baron in the early mid-game when the whole enemy team's both alive and MIA. Then there's also the players who are good at 1v1s in the early game but suck at prioritizing objectives or picking their fights once laning phase's over, and their scores turn from 6/0s into 12/18s or worse...

i don't know man, as much as I want to say I am better than what my rank shows, I am not. Also, Its combination of things. The games I perform good at, my team aren't and the ones my team are dominating, I tend to feed. Its tough. Also, sometimes the other teams adc is really good and others their ganks is on point.

I am gonna my best

Leezard

Man I am two mind about Rakans buffs/nerfs

Love the fact that Q and W is buffed, but the one that needed an actual buff (The Shield) is getting a nerf. WTF? The shield is super small already.

No, the shield was already the best shield in the game in terms of base and scaling if you added the shield from both E procs together.

At rank 5, you get two procs of 190 + 80% AP shield. That's a combined 380 + 160% AP shield. Nothing else in the game comes close.

faridmon

No, the shield was already the best shield in the game in terms of base and scaling if you added the shield from both E procs together.

At rank 5, you get two procs of 190 + 80% AP shield. That's a combined 380 + 160% AP shield. Nothing else in the game comes close.

Wow, really?

It felt like the shield did nothing compared to Lulus and Janna. maybe I should max E first instead W

Top Bottom