• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

23qwerty

should make honor give you priority in getting your role
KuGsj.gif

Please, you probably had a shit eating grin the whole time knowing we were talking out of our asses

nah, genuinely not. When people have a legit grievance and I can't do anything about it that actually makes me really frustrated and annoyed. Thankfully this time I at least knew we had stuff in the works, but it's worse when we don't.

The fake voice chat stuff last weekend was fucking awful because even though there were people thankful it was fake, there are so many out there that do want voice chat and having to let all them people down was a really awful feeling.

When I have context on stuff I try to share and talk about it as much as possible, even when it's a tough subject to talk about or people are disappointed in us.

nah, genuinely not. When people have a legit grievance and I can't do anything about it that actually makes me really frustrated and annoyed. Thankfully this time I at least knew we had stuff in the works, but it's worse when we don't.

The fake voice chat stuff last weekend was fucking awful because even though there were people thankful it was fake, there are so many out there that do want voice chat and having to let all them people down was a really awful feeling.

When I have context on stuff I try to share and talk about it as much as possible, even when it's a tough subject to talk about or people are disappointed in us.

I'm really against voice chat, and only because I've experienced what it does in a competitive setting. I used to be for it and for more options, but hearing the shit I've heard because me and my friend would refuse to do voice chat in ranked with Overwatch, it just isn't worth it.

Knowing Leagues brand of toxicity, I wouldn't want to inflict that on players who just want to rank without any of that bullshit. Yeah it's inescapable but...eh.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't really have a big opinion on voice chat, other than thinking it's probably pointless since most people probably aren't interested in talking to strangers and you have discord if you want to talk with your friends

also yea star guardian lux nendo would be nice

or ori nendo

i got a list costy if u want it

Opt in is all I ask for. I don't want to have to manually mute people that turn on voice and then just fucking blast hip hop into their mics, if I want to listen to you I'll do so.

We already spoke a little about it, but it'll be opt-in at least.

Yeah, that's a good step.

But I imagine that the toxicity would go through chat in those cases. I unno. I'll have to see how you guys implement it. Ovewatch for example, despite turning off voice chat, they'd still be toxic through chat simply because me and my friend didn't join. In a game like League, I imagine that'd be worse.

irelia is garbage tier

kled is new waifu

costy kled skin when

I would also like to know

---------------------------------

ALSO in reagrds to breezy's question earlier, here's a post from one of the team members developing the system:

All the free key fragments drops will come through Honor, BUT the nuts and bolts of the system remain the same. You get your key fragments on semi-random drops just by playing games and not getting hit with penalties. It's a pretty low bar to clear. You will not need to Honor beg to get your key frags because holy shit that'd be obnoxious. Also, to be super clear, the number of free key fragments is not moving up or down with this change.

basically: play games, don't be a dick, get the same amount of key fragments you do today.

zkylon

zkylewd
"All the free key fragments drops will come through Honor"

i don't get what that means tho. like has anything changed?

"All the free key fragments drops will come through Honor"

i don't get what that means tho. like has anything changed?

Like I surmised earlier

You get the same amount of fragments as you would today, except honor is a faster way to hit that soft-limit you would then by playing normal games. That's how I read it, anyway.

Like..for example, lets say in the current system, I get my 6 key fragments after 10 games, and then it lowers the drop rate for them for the rest of the month.

With the new system, I can hit those same 6 fragments after 5 games thanks to Honor, and then it soft locks me for the month.

I think?

Yo what!? They're getting rid of runes?

They're getting rid of Runes and the mastery systems as they are, and instead consolidating it to an easier system for both mastery/runes. You select your base key rune which usually has an active/passive effect, then you pick runes in other slots that complement that keystone. IE ADCs can pick an attack speed keystone, and presumably get options for things increasing attack speed/attack damage.

zkylon

zkylewd
Like I surmised earlier

You get the same amount of fragments as you would today, except honor is a faster way to hit that soft-limit you would then by playing normal games. That's how I read it, anyway.

Like..for example, lets say in the current system, I get my 6 key fragments after 10 games, and then it lowers the drop rate for them for the rest of the month.

With the new system, I can hit those same 6 fragments after 5 games thanks to Honor, and then it soft locks me for the month.

I think?
it's not really hard to get your share of keys at the moment, if it's on the first days of the month you get like 5 or 6 real quick, it's just that after you get what riot allots you then it's key drought for the rest of the month lol

i think they're just bolting in the honor name to the existing key system for some weird reason

honor is kind of a mystery until they explain it fully, the bits and pieces they show in the video are sometimes reassuring and sometimes concerning, so probably best to wait and see. there seems to be more to it than just copying overwatch's mvp system, but right now details are scarce so who knows. i'm surprised they kept the three honor types tho

i feel for changes this big they shouldn't have teased them with a video and should've just released the details right away...

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Voice chat is a definite net benefit for the game but seeing how cringey most people are in all-chat I would imagine I'd be muting a different person every match. That is if they could stand to say aloud the stuff they type.

Also, I'm very grateful as to how after not playing for months League always feels comfortably familiar despite the fact that I have to ask for bans.
Do you still get kicked for not banning someone? Cause that's lame af

So are the new runes gonna be just souped up runes, or will they have some tailoring to the champion?

Hmm.

That's a good question. I imagine they just consolidate the buffs into less runes. Like instead of going for 9 runes for 14 armor, it'll be 1 rune with 10 armor. Or something.

Leezard

So are the new runes gonna be just souped up runes, or will they have some tailoring to the champion?

From what I understood you can take any rune on any champion, so there's no unique per champion runes.

Also there's likely to be some base stat buff to compensate for rune stats removal.

Leezard

Tentative support item changes for 7.12.

https://twitter.com/ricklessabandon/status/869742817412698115/photo/1

Redemption + Locket combo nerfed, Athenes looking like a more legit buy.

The less-bought support items are getting an overhaul.

Redemption nerfed in itself but...
Redemption's heal amount is affected 3 times as much by Heal and Shields amplifiers

Locket worse but scales with bonus health, unclear whether it is the target's or the locket user's bonus health.

Joco

The video seemed to imply that IP prices will probably get jacked up across the board as a result of runes being made free.

Tizoc

uhhhh I think i went

essence reaver -> rfc -> ie -> lifesteal -> lw

really feels like your window to kill her is about 4 seconds. if she's not dead by then, your team probably got wiped. not too dissimilar from champs like Twitch in that regard. her waveclear after you finish essence reaver and rfc is crazy. I finished my last match with about 360cs in 40 minutes and about a 50% kill participation.

feels good but i'll wait until I experience the "bad" matchups before forming a meaningful opinion. not having a built-in low cooldown escape and weak CC is a big deal for her just like it is for Ashe. I imagine that heroes like Blitz crush her in laning phase if the support can't provide a decent counterbalance.

Thanks. I'd generally rush atk speed or inf. edge on her, but dear lord is her attack speed early on sivir-tier.

faridmon

Tentative support item changes for 7.12.

https://twitter.com/ricklessabandon/status/869742817412698115/photo/1

Redemption + Locket combo nerfed, Athenes looking like a more legit buy.

The less-bought support items are getting an overhaul.

Redemption nerfed in itself but...

Locket worse but scales with bonus health, unclear whether it is the target's or the locket user's bonus health.

I have used Locket a lot less since they have removed the Cooldown reduction to be honest. I know its a powerful item, but I need mah 40% CD. and I probably buy ZZ for my last slot anyway.

Wish Athens had little defensive stats. Can't afford being all squishy.

Edit: They are also talking about making changes to Ancient Coin. Interesting!

Jezan

I played Janna for the first time (well second if you count when I started playing League and I was testing champs and roles,but didn't know shit) and got an S- with 32 assists and like 4 kills.

And I have two problems with support, I feel limited cause I know I would be able to kill stuff if the items were AP instead of support items and people are ungrateful they blame their deaths on the support, specially the adc, that thinks supp is their nanny :(. Now I understand the memes around that situation.

Where can I send a suggestion to the team?
I know they want to make the role of support more visible so I have a few ideas. For example I think the announcer should shout when the support saves someone, like when she (he for LAN) says "Shutdown", "An enemy has been slain ", etc. she should say "saved" and the little icons displaying the support and the teammate. And it would be an easy metric, just calculate the fatal blow damage and if the support shields the teammate and he survives and the fight ends play that voice clip. It will probably also draw the attention of the enemy team (if the voice clip is global ) and maybe the role will get more respect (though I think the clip should play for the team only).

Also supports should en able to roam and help the other teammates in the lining phase, it's sad when it tries to help mid or too that are having a hard time and the adc starts complaining they are playing "alone". Maybe a teleport for support only that uses Mana (so there is no abusing) that takes them to other lines, though It will probably change the balance of the game a lot.

It is actually fun to play support when the adc is not a crybaby.

Leezard

I played Janna for the first time (well second if you count when I started playing League and I was testing champs and roles,but didn't know shit) and got an S- with 32 assists and like 4 kills.

And I have two problems with support, I feel limited cause I know I would be able to kill stuff if the items were AP instead of support items and people are ungrateful they blame their deaths on the support, specially the adc, that thinks supp is their nanny :(. Now I understand the memes around that situation.

I know they want to make the role of support more visible so I have a few ideas. For example I think the announcer should shout when the support saves someone, like when she (he for LAN) says "Shutdown", "An enemy has been slain ", etc. she should say "saved" and the little icons displaying the support and the teammate. And it would be an easy metric, just calculate the fatal blow damage and if the support shields the teammate and he survives and the fight ends play that voice clip. It will probably also draw the attention of the enemy team (if the voice clip is global ) and maybe the role will get more respect (though I think the clip should play for the team only).

Also supports should en able to roam and help the other teammates in the lining phase, it's sad when it tries to help mid or too that are having a hard time and the adc starts complaining they are playing "alone". Maybe a teleport for support only that uses Mana (so there is no abusing) that takes them to other lines, though It will probably change the balance of the game a lot.

Roaming can be hard as support mostly because you have to find a good situation to roam.

There are supports that can roam well, like Bard, Thresh, Morgana, and Alistar, because they are good at setting up a kill. Worse roamers include Janna and Soraka, since they have little in the way of setting up a kill. You do sometimes get good opportunities to roam. A good opportunity means that you won't leave your adc alone for too long. Such an opportunity could be if you get a kill or double kill in bot lane, if your adc has to back but it's pointless that you back, or your adc is killed and you think a short roam is more helpful than any exp/farm you will get from staying.

It's super important to find a good opportunity to roam, because being in a 1v2 lane bot is super difficult and will force the adc to miss exp and cs most of the time. Ezreal is the adc that can handle himself alone the best due to his long range Q.

Sometimes after a roam the adc is alone for like 10 seconds bot and just go in, take a super bad trade or get killed since they are 1v2, and it's not much you can do about that. If you're pinging that on your way back they really should stay away from danger these 10 seconds, but it happens that they just greed for cs and die anyway. There's not much to do there, but because that stuff happens every now and then you should make sure you get back in a reasonable time most of the time when you roam.

I like your announcer suggestion, it would be cool.

faridmon

I personally find it fun especially when the adc is a crybaby. After all if you don't die and the adc keep repeatedly dying, then the blame is not on you and the team knows it, you have to just keep quite and carry on playing. in fact the more you roam and help out other lanes, the more they appreciate you.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2513164432/42941535?tab=builds

Any Xayah players in here? I want to make sure I'm building her the right way. 5 matches or so so far. I want to make sure I'm mostly on the right track here.

Also, is it okay to help open fights with her ult? I find myself doing that sometimes for the CC and intimidation factor. Is that okay?
I wouldn't go RFC on her unless you're doing double AS. Runaan's / PD is generally better.

Also yeah, using her ult for damage/CC is fine, just gotta make sure you won't need it otherwise.

I wouldn't go RFC on her unless you're doing double AS. Runaan's / PD is generally better.

Also yeah, using her ult for damage/CC is fine, just gotta make sure you won't need it otherwise.

Okay no RFC.

For some reason i didn't think Hurricane would be a thing since she gets plenty of extra waveclear/aoe from essence reaver + E. No?

edit: i got the RFC from here https://na.op.gg/champion/xayah/statistics/adc

seems to be the most popular of the zeal weapons so i went with it. idk.

edit: 2 and her winrate increasing so high the longer a game goes is no surprise to me. after only a handful of games, it's obvious how much damage she does with her W active. she is really scary late if she has space and opportunity.

Patch notes are out
Okay no RFC.

For some reason i didn't think Hurricane would be a thing since she gets plenty of extra waveclear/aoe from essence reaver + E. No?

edit: i got the RFC from here https://na.op.gg/champion/xayah/statistics/adc

seems to be the most popular of the zeal weapons so i went with it. idk.

edit: 2 and her winrate increasing so high the longer a game goes is no surprise to me. after only a handful of games, it's obvious how much damage she does with her W active. she is really scary late if she has space and opportunity.
You get Hurricane because of how it interacts with her W, the extra AS / MS for kiting and the AoE since Runaans procs her W bolts, being able to wave clear without putting E on CD is just a bonus.

Why is that every normal game I've been in the last two weeks has had premades on both sides?

Nearly always one of them is just awful. I've had to start playing ranked just get a level playing field. Jesus it's infuriating.

Newt

Why is that every normal game I've been in the last two weeks has had premades on both sides?

Nearly always one of them is just awful. I've had to start playing ranked just get a level playing field. Jesus it's infuriating.
Yeah, I only play ranked because normal games just aren't balanced enough for me.

Nekofrog

Banned
I knew kled and skaarl were my new interspeciespolywaifus the moment I heard kled proclaim that he hated both teams and wanted to attack both bases

Finally a champion who understands how I feel about my teammates

Top Bottom