• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

eh, everyone gets matched with people like that and still manage to climb. i once went 2-8 on placements and once got 9-1, that shit happens, both times made it to plat without much issues, and better players than me have done much better

your rating at the end of the game is mostly meaningless as an evaluation of your play, so it doesn't matter if u got b or s+, i've gotten s+ while playing like poop, ignore that thing for purposes other than mastery points

just post ur games so ppl can give u advice (if you're willing to take it) and report trolls when you get them, that's all

i've played a bunch of overwatch and ppl there are no better, so stop shitting on the game just cos u had a bad streak -__-

Never played higher than Bronze IV or III so, but then i've never played more than 30 ranked games in a season since i always give up trying to climb. Atleast earlier seasons the cesspool of people has given me serious brain aneurysm so basically why i gave up on the game for ~2 years give or take.

And i will probably give up soon again since i only have so much fun losing 70-80% of all matches.

zkylon

zkylewd
Never played higher than Bronze IV or III so, but then i've never played more than 30 ranked games in a season since i always give up trying to climb. Atleast earlier seasons the cesspool of people has given me serious brain aneurysm so basically why i gave up on the game for ~2 years give or take.

And i will probably give up soon again since i only have so much fun losing 70-80% of all matches.
i feel like you have the wrong attitude for this kind of game, complaining and being negative is alright to me if you're seeking for help but if all you want is to vent then just stop playing the game if you don't enjoy it

- having wonky matchmaking is not really hard to understand, if you only played a few games the matchmaking system hasn't really figured you out and will be doing looser matchmaking until it does.
- you're also playing the two modes known for having loose matchmaking rules in order to accomodate for premades, and specially in normals, highly varied mmr
- you focus a lot on bad matchmaking but i looked at your games and it's mostly a small gap. you'd have a bronze 4 vs a silver 3 at worst, that's not that bad
- it's also important that ranking isn't the same as mmr. i can have plat 5 mmr being plat 3, and that'll show in matchmaking and lp gains. seeing someone's ranking doesn't tell the whole story, and that might be the reason why there was a silver 3 vs bronze 4 game. or maybe bronze 4 person was on a premade with 2 other ppl, who knows?
- btw the silver 3 in that game was on your team...
- wonky connection issues are a thing on your end, even if it's exclusive to league, most people play the game normally with minimal connection issues
- you blame your teammates a lot but
you don't ever buy pinks, don't ever change your trinket and have really low dmg numbers on sona, as well as a pretty bad average kda. kda is understandable since you're losing but you still die a lot and you rarely break 50% kill participation on a champion that barely has to do anything to get an assist. you also always upgrade your boots to mercury treads for whatever reason...
(i'm guessing you're the sona in that game you linked so looked u up on op.gg, hope u don't mind)

league is a fun game but you have to be willing to accept that you can't win every game. sometimes it'll be because someone trolled, or because matchmaking wasn't super fair, or because you dropped connection and wasted everyone's time

if you hate playing league that's super fair and you should just not play it, but stop looking for excuses. either fix ur attitude or play something else dude

New rune preview

Basically gives boots an active steroid
sounds pretty bad, does nothing for your laning phase, doesn't have a use on most champions and on the ones that it could be used it's kinda wonky (you can't use it on aurelion sol cos your q will deactivate the effect) and it's an impossibly long timer

might be really broken on rengar, idk, i probably wouldn't ever take it

edit: forgot about the dmg, still probably useless mid

Jesus Christ, calm down with the Shyvana nerfs Riot. #gutted.
i know it's a joke but she has other changes on pbe

Base armor increased from 27.628 to 30 (29 with today's change)
Flame Breath (E)
[New] Now has AD scaling:
30% tAD on damage
30% tAD on Dragon form damage
10% tAD on scorched earth damage
Dragon form damage changed from 100-200 to 100-160

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
uh....kind of a concerning ability. this was a problem with ghost when it's too powerful but you can't even ward out for ganks because someone comes in super fast. stack that with ghost and even someone like volibear has insane gank potential. hurts top lane the most. damage part is too much maybe too. 15 seconds is the really insane part. it's dramatically better than a summoner spell with an identical role............

dimb

btw this does not have the two second rev up time that ghost has been horribly burdened with, so the actual effect in terms of being able to move across the map is very very high. like honestly you could just run this instead of teleport and run back to lane so you could use ignite instead.

uh....kind of a concerning ability. this was a problem with ghost when it's too powerful but you can't even ward out for ganks because someone comes in super fast. stack that with ghost and even someone like volibear has insane gank potential. hurts top lane the most. damage part is too much maybe too. 15 seconds is the really insane part. it's dramatically better than a summoner spell with an identical role............

I feel like it could be extremely OP for lower ELO junglers, when laners barely ward in the first place.

Reinboom

Neo Member
btw this does not have the two second rev up time that ghost has been horribly burdened with, so the actual effect in terms of being able to move across the map is very very high. like honestly you could just run this instead of teleport and run back to lane so you could use ignite instead.

Important details:
Hunt of the Blood Moon's channel time is 3 seconds before it activates. At which time, it also notifies semi-globally (currently 3000 range) of its activation.

It also "pops" when you damage an enemy, removing the MS.

We have seen the run back to lane case with it though. Definitely worried about that space. If it proves common, amping the damage and decreasing the duration has shown to be effective of shifting it more towards the semi close hunt.

Important details:
Hunt of the Blood Moon's channel time is 3 seconds before it activates. At which time, it also notifies semi-globally (currently 3000 range) of its activation.

It also "pops" when you damage an enemy, removing the MS.

We have seen the run back to lane case with it though. Definitely worried about that space. If it proves common, amping the damage and decreasing the duration has shown to be effective of shifting it more towards the semi close hunt.
Why not make it a bonus when moving torwards enemy champions like Righteous Glory instead?

zkylon

zkylewd
D8Zb3Zp.jpg

good art

kind of makes me wish there was a chibi version of league

dimb

Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean it could be insta-popped to get away, just that the 15 seconds is full movespeed. With Ghost the build up time cuts into the ten second duration. So when I compare the two it just makes me wish Ghost was better, because crossmap movement on something like the new rune seems like it has the potential to outdo summoner spells. Given that it's got a certain amount of inspiration from Warwick's Blood Hunt I am a little bit surprised that it doesn't have anything that limits movement to be towards enemy champions. It seems way stronger than Magical Footwear to me and is one of the few new runes I've seen with no real downside. If it's used to initiate the charge time really isn't a meaningful drawback. It being an active is also offset by the uptime being so long, so using the rune seems very forgiving to me on paper.

dimb

I mean the real bonus of Magic Footwear is free boots....which is nice early game so you can just rush Sheen or some other strong early item. 10MS is not going to offer an appreciable benefit and players have already shown that low passive movespeed like that is a very low priority with how Cloud Drake is treated. With how much Blood Moon helps ganks it's hard to imagine anything else being competitive for most junglers.

Reinboom

Neo Member
Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean it could be insta-popped to get away, just that the 15 seconds is full movespeed. With Ghost the build up time cuts into the ten second duration. So when I compare the two it just makes me wish Ghost was better, because crossmap movement on something like the new rune seems like it has the potential to outdo summoner spells. Given that it's got a certain amount of inspiration from Warwick's Blood Hunt I am a little bit surprised that it doesn't have anything that limits movement to be towards enemy champions. It seems way stronger than Magical Footwear to me and is one of the few new runes I've seen with no real downside. If it's used to initiate the charge time really isn't a meaningful drawback. It being an active is also offset by the uptime being so long, so using the rune seems very forgiving to me on paper.

We couldn't do exactly like Warwick does since Warwick gets the benefit of the whole trail mechanic, but "moving towards" (with a lot of narrowing about what "towards" means at long range, since this is a huge range potential) is a good idea. Passed it immediately on to Stashu who was also receptive to it. Thanks. :D

On Drawback: Requiring boots we've found to be a pretty hefty drawback. It also starts on cooldown if you do go boots first. Effectively, you don't have a keystone for a duration of the game where it's most important to have a keystone.

I was going to mention that the run rune might be mandatory for top/mid laners and it would replace/augment Teleport in that way, that is running to lane/split pushing.

I didnt though because I dont know what other runes there are and if those other runes would have a benefit better for roamers than the boots.

Dekutulla

Swain changes can't come fast enough. Maybe it's just because I'm B2 trash, but god do I hate playing against him in any situation.

are you actually gonna play now

or

keep posting about a game you dont play

wow dob I can't believe you newtered me, not you

yes I will play his vgu this is what I've been waiting for

this and dragon master swain

I assume they'll be released hand in hand. after all I correctly predicted yesterday that the roadmap today would mention swain and my god did it mention him

zkylon

zkylewd
I was going to mention that the run rune might be mandatory for top/mid laners and it would replace/augment Teleport in that way, that is running to lane/split pushing.

I didnt though because I dont know what other runes there are and if those other runes would have a benefit better for roamers than the boots.

yeah basically we can't really have any formed opinions on any of this rune stuff cos this is VERY incomplete information

these runes might be in really shitty paths that mean you opt out into a bunch of combat stats just to get this speed or whatever, or might have alternatives that have specific cases in which they're stupid strong, who knows

yeah basically we can't really have any formed opinions on any of this rune stuff cos this is VERY incomplete information

these runes might be in really shitty paths that mean you opt out into a bunch of combat stats just to get this speed or whatever, or might have alternatives that have specific cases in which they're stupid strong, who knows

Right. I'm treating it like talents from HotS, as in other rune options might actually be pretty decent buffs and it'll depend on the situation what you pick. Except you pre pick these. *Shrug*

dimb

On Drawback: Requiring boots we've found to be a pretty hefty drawback. It also starts on cooldown if you do go boots first. Effectively, you don't have a keystone for a duration of the game where it's most important to have a keystone.
That makes sense. With how it would impact build paths I could see it being disruptive, and with the cooldown not being readily available just on purchasing boots the potential for it to escalate the power of early ganks is much more limited. I keep forgetting how strong something like Ruined King’s Tribute looks too as a tradeoff.
You can start to formulate plans based on what they provide. That perspective will keep shifting as everything is laid out but it's interesting to see each new keystone because they are the strongest pre-game champion modifiers to date. Things like that can really help out champions that are underrepresented in certain metas, and these new runes seem way more flexible than the old keystone masteries.

JulianImp

Won't anyone think of those poor snake-ladies?
Then again, Cass isn't that much of a roaming champ anyway AFAIK, but still...

I'm still expecting the new runes to get minmaxed within a month or two, but it'd be really nice if picking them was more about reacting to your lane match-up (or each team's late-game plan) than looking up which one rune setup you've always ought to run on your champion. I'm also looking forward to seeing how the dev team handles the increased complexity and burden of knowledge for new players that might come from having ~15 keystones as opposed to 9.

Won't anyone think of those poor snake-ladies?
Then again, Cass isn't that much of a roaming champ anyway AFAIK, but still...

I'm still expecting the new runes to get minmaxed within a month or two, but it'd be really nice if picking them was more about reacting to your lane match-up (or each team's late-game plan) than looking up which one rune setup you've always ought to run on your champion.

Right. The only ones that will get min maxes are those that are straight buffs-IE some of the ADC ones they showed earlier that give straight buffs seems like they'll get min maxxed.

dimb

The difference between the new runes and the current mastery system is that the mastery system was/is fairly rigid. Let's say you are a tank for example...Courage is only viable if you have on demand or multiple forms of CC...Stoneborn Pact is only useful if you have an ally nearby, and Grasp has no benefit against monsters. Because they were not really open ended you saw them line up more directly with roles instead of champions, although certain champion choices did lock you out of some of them entirely, which is pretty bad when the other choices are not very flexible.

Not only does the new system have more options, which should enable certain niches to be better served, but I feel that the many of the runes so far have fewer restrictions. There are broad applications to a number of the runes that should make it more difficult for a choice to feel flatly wrong. I don't really worry about people finding the best option for a character, I worry more about certain champions in certain roles lagging behind just because they can't utilize a specific mastery, which was one of the biggest complaints I've had about that entire system since it was introduced.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
i've gotten tryndamere 5 times in 2 days in aram while champs i actually own i haven't seen in months - is Riot really this incompetent at making a decent randomization algorithm?

drawkcaB

18 min surrender, my bot lane combined went 1/14/2 in that span. Fed a double kill to the opposing ADC within 3 minutes of the game. Another double kill within 5 mins of the match. Yet another loss where I outplayed my opponent, but it doesn't matter one lick.

Where the fuck are my lanes popping off and carrying my sorry ass? Why is it never my bot lane or mid or top that complete fucks the opposing side? I've just about had it with this fucking game.

Newt

18 min surrender, my bot lane combined went 1/14/2 in that span. Fed a double kill to the opposing ADC within 3 minutes of the game. Another double kill within 5 mins of the match. Yet another loss where I outplayed my opponent, but it doesn't matter one lick.

Where the fuck are my lanes popping off and carrying my sorry ass? Why is it never my bot lane or mid or top that complete fucks the opposing side? I've just about had it with this fucking game.
I mean, if its a normal game, what can you real expect? Could be a bronze botlane against a diamond one.

drawkcaB

I mean, if its a normal game, what can you real expect? Could be a bronze botlane against a diamond one.

Normal matching isn't anywhere that nonsensical. This is (sigh...I've sunk this low...) Bronze 3-5s over here, and players' stats I look up in op.gg totally corroborate that.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
wow dob I can't believe you newtered me, not you

yes I will play his vgu this is what I've been waiting for

this and dragon master swain

I assume they'll be released hand in hand. after all I correctly predicted yesterday that the roadmap today would mention swain and my god did it mention him

i used to be an exemplary poster but the discord channel is full of bad influences

also you should predict a choggy visual update

i feel like you have the wrong attitude for this kind of game, complaining and being negative is alright to me if you're seeking for help but if all you want is to vent then just stop playing the game if you don't enjoy it

- having wonky matchmaking is not really hard to understand, if you only played a few games the matchmaking system hasn't really figured you out and will be doing looser matchmaking until it does.
- you're also playing the two modes known for having loose matchmaking rules in order to accomodate for premades, and specially in normals, highly varied mmr
- you focus a lot on bad matchmaking but i looked at your games and it's mostly a small gap. you'd have a bronze 4 vs a silver 3 at worst, that's not that bad
- it's also important that ranking isn't the same as mmr. i can have plat 5 mmr being plat 3, and that'll show in matchmaking and lp gains. seeing someone's ranking doesn't tell the whole story, and that might be the reason why there was a silver 3 vs bronze 4 game. or maybe bronze 4 person was on a premade with 2 other ppl, who knows?
- btw the silver 3 in that game was on your team...
- wonky connection issues are a thing on your end, even if it's exclusive to league, most people play the game normally with minimal connection issues
- you blame your teammates a lot but
you don't ever buy pinks, don't ever change your trinket and have really low dmg numbers on sona, as well as a pretty bad average kda. kda is understandable since you're losing but you still die a lot and you rarely break 50% kill participation on a champion that barely has to do anything to get an assist. you also always upgrade your boots to mercury treads for whatever reason...
(i'm guessing you're the sona in that game you linked so looked u up on op.gg, hope u don't mind)

To be fair, seems alot of people has connection issues in game actually. Not in every game but it seems fairly common since people complain on lag alot. But they usually have high ms, i dont have high ms just some matches i end up with reconnect shit.

I dont know or do everything youre supposed to do at a higher end of the game yet no. Yes i have bad kda sometimes since i often end up on the team that get stomped but what can i do then? Die more and get even worse kda? :p Since it's what people seem to do just jump in 1 v 3-5 even when its completely fruitless.

Atleast i dont "feed" my lane or troll ever so, most i have died in lane is probably 2 or 3 times, where other people quite often die up to 6-7 times on their solo mid or top lanes. Again there's not much i can do on my end when this happens, and i often end up on the recieving end on this. I am on bottom lane with the adc, can't do much if the top lane end up shitting the bed again...

But yeah sure there are always item optimization you can do and so on.

faridmon

What the hell is this?

9KgGOke.png

Are you supposed to lose games in this game?

So I have been reading your comments, checked your history and as someone who used to main Sona (have 800 games with her) here are my advice

- If you never mastered the basics of support matchups, never go Sona against engage supports like Leona, Morgana, Thresh, Naut, etc because you will lose your lane if you can't dodge their skill shots. Even if you are good at dodging them, you will not be able to sustain the pressure on the lane because their zoniing will always be super later in early game, once your oponent get more items/dmg

- Basic advice for Sona players but : FOCUS ON YOUR POSITIONING . Never be out of position, never overreach, never chase blindly, never be ahead of your tanks, etc. Sona is very Squishy, do not have escape ability and your opponent will normally focus on you due to your sustain

- Always buy Control Wards. Looking at your history you seem to not focus on that, Control wards will give you so much information and even time to actually make decisions. Jungler is spotted? Play accordingly, Someone is clearing? they vulnerable for attacks, they warded in the area? Good luck having actual vision there, etc

- Always build sensationally, especially your boots. first of all, never buy Sorceress Shoes. You are there not for your dmg, but your sustain and your poke. That shoes will not help you in lane since your opponent don't have any MR for you to penetrate, and it will not help you late game / teamfights because the ones who have MR will always have way more Health than your useless 15+ Magic penetration can have any effect on

- Its best to build tankish in Runes and Mastery (except for Windspeaker Key stone) I honestly don't know why you had Stoneborne as your keystone. You are not tanking shit.

- Always stick to your adc. Your shield is one of the best shield early game. make sure you are in the vicinity of your adc when trading poke with the opponents duo

- Read the map. If their jungler is in bot side of Jungle don't engage. Warn the adc to not extent and get your E ready for you two to get out.

- Get items that amplifies your healing and shields. there are plenty, Ardent, redemption, Mikael's Crucible, Athenes, etc. This will increase your healing ability, and sustain the team when in TF

- Never buy Rabadons Deathcap on Sona. NEVER! Seriously NEVER, its not gonna give you anything except for ap power which you don't need and even if you need ap, there are other iteams with passive that will help you in the game better than that.

- Focus on getting items that have Cooldown reduction. a 40% CD is very helps in teamfights since you can just spam the abilities and your sustain

Tizoc

My net acted up so I had to restart it, and now I am unable to log into the Client. I am on EU Nordic.
Keeps giving me 'unable to connect' error after I enter the password.

i've gotten tryndamere 5 times in 2 days in aram while champs i actually own i haven't seen in months - is Riot really this incompetent at making a decent randomization algorithm?

But getting repeats actually is true randomization. Random doesn't mean 'a new character every time until I start repeating'. Sometimes you get shafted by RNG. It's happened to me in other games.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
But getting repeats actually is true randomization. Random doesn't mean 'a new character every time until I start repeating'. Sometimes you get shafted by RNG. It's happened to me in other games.

system working as intended then, i keep seeing repeats of the same 10 champions in aram
on the other team

Finally ended up on decent teams last 2 games, even tho i had a Xerath last game who acted like a child all game after he started losing his lane he also lost his mind.

zgaSlBU.png

Finally ended up on decent teams last 2 games, even tho i had a Xerath last game who acted like a child all game after he started losing his lane he also lost his mind.

zgaSlBU.png

You should be buying the red sweeper trinket at the same time you buy your sightstone, FYI. If you're looking to climb, correct itemization is super important. Congrats on your wins though, I think everyone here can relate to the feeling 'finally a team that isn't full of morons' after a streak of bad games.

Top Bottom