• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

faridmon

Finally ended up on decent teams last 2 games, even tho i had a Xerath last game who acted like a child all game after he started losing his lane he also lost his mind.

zgaSlBU.png

I hope you were planning to build Zeke instead of Frozen Heart with that Glacial item

zkylon

zkylewd
more than your builds you should fix ur attitude imo

can't go into games with the mentality of "riot wants me to lose"

2 straight terrible losses in promo series of course tho. Just getting stomped losses as well. Both games the adc were unable to get 1 kill all game.

Jezan

I'm just a koggy
Why do you always post that?

I was playing Vel against a Syndra and she did first blood thanks to her team's support that started wandering. So I fell behind and she started badmouthing me , but I just needed to get a little more powerful to be able to poke,by that time she, the support and Jg were all over the map harassing bot and top , they would only go to mid if they saw me pushing, so I retreated when I knew they were not on the other lanes, that gave me enough time to buy more items before my team started pushing, Syndra was still badmouthing, we go to their base , my score is now 11/5 (those 5 by Syndra and Shen team ups) and now I could combo her, only with Zhonya would she survive. My team wins and she keeps badmouthing.

Why do people start saying shit at the start of the game? Some champions just need a little push at te start and they can turn around. Worst of all , it was unranked, IMO First Blood means nothing.

Also my Syndra sucks, the press R to win does not apply to me, I never understood why.

dont pay attention to op.gg mmr, it's garbage

To specify exactly why it's garbage: op.gg doesn't know anything about your actual MMR. It guess your MMR based on a combination of the average MMR at a given ranked level as well as it's best guess of the MMR of people you're playing with. So this is all a guess based on an MMR formula that may or may not be the same as Riot's using it's best guess at your MMR which is almost certainly different than Riot's. It's a fun value to look at but it doesn't mean shit because it has no direct connection to your actual account MMR.

zkylon

zkylewd
To specify exactly why it's garbage: op.gg doesn't know anything about your actual MMR. It guess your MMR based on a combination of the average MMR at a given ranked level as well as it's best guess of the MMR of people you're playing with. So this is all a guess based on an MMR formula that may or may not be the same as Riot's using it's best guess at your MMR which is almost certainly different than Riot's. It's a fun value to look at but it doesn't mean shit because it has no direct connection to your actual account MMR.
not only that, but it's really inaccurate and can wildly vary from game to game

i've gone from having d3 mmr to having p2 mmr after winning a game

it's really useless

honestly just don't use op.gg for that kind of stuff. usually all op.gg does is get you upset before the game even began

zkylon

zkylewd
https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.c...NQkO39-buying-runes-between-now-and-preseason

- if u buy runes now you'll get the ip refunded
- runes will be dirt cheap before release
- early september news on rewards for ppl that spent lots on runes
- your rune pages will carry over cos the new system will still sell rune pages

that's really shitty and i can't possibly imagine rune pages being a meaningful source of revenue for riot

convenience shouldn't come at a premium and you should only spend money on things that feel awesome to buy, not to remove annoying artificial limitations imposed to make you spend money

bummer that they didn't change it

killatopak

https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.c...NQkO39-buying-runes-between-now-and-preseason

- if u buy runes now you'll get the ip refunded
- runes will be dirt cheap before release
- early september news on rewards for ppl that spent lots on runes
- your rune pages will carry over cos the new system will still sell rune pages

that's really shitty and i can't possibly imagine rune pages being a meaningful source of revenue for riot

convenience shouldn't come at a premium and you should only spend money on things that feel awesome to buy, not to remove annoying artificial limitations imposed to make you spend money

bummer that they didn't change it

It's easy to refund runes because it's strictly ip. Rune pages on the other hand can be got from promo/rp/ip so it's a bit harder to distinguish which category a user got their pages from.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think minion block should be high on the list of things for riot to fix

lately i've been running into it in really game breaking ways of literally my character being frozen in place and shit like that

idk if it's gotten worse but they should really fix that shit

I really don't understand the point of keeping rune pages sales

No one is gonna use more than one when you can edit them on the fly
people use mastery pages and you can edit those on the fly...

btw since now runes and masteries are gonna be one thing will new players be restricted to just 2?

that sounds real shitty to me

It's easy to refund runes because it's strictly ip. Rune pages on the other hand can be got from promo/rp/ip so it's a bit harder to distinguish which category a user got their pages from.
i'm positive riot has their own accounting that knows exactly who bought what and when, but that's beside the point

i think riot has been mostly successful at making microtransactions feel great, people buy skins and champions cos they're awesome, not out of necessity. it's not a perfect system but i think it gets the concept of microtransactions right, microtransactions are a cool thing you opt into, not something you're forced to do

rune pages have always been bought out of necessity because they're a vestige of the early years scummy riot, and while it's no longer gonna be a necessity, restricting them to a few is riot actively making the game inconvenient in order to sell you shit

that's really lame and very unlike modern day riot and they should change their minds about it

i can't even imagine them losing much money over it

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
tbh riot's matchmaking should be their number one priority for things to fix

stop matching me against diamond players every game

zkylon

zkylewd
tbh riot's matchmaking should be their number one priority for things to fix

stop matching me against diamond players every game

that's easy to fix, just stop playing premades with diamond players and your elo will stabilize at a value more accurate to your skill

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
dJmr1Bv.png

amazing how i was able to predict with 100% accuracy the outcomes of each of these games, it's almost like there was some factor present in the losses that wasn't present in the win :thinking emoji:

zkylon

zkylewd

best skin 2017 for sure

dJmr1Bv.png

amazing how i was able to predict with 100% accuracy the outcomes of each of these games, it's almost like there was some factor present in the losses that wasn't present in the win :thinking emoji:
it's almost as if you're a gold player trying to play really skill intensive champions...

and you went 7/9/7 on the game you won, so you're no super star whenever you find matchmaking acceptable either...

sorry for the flaming, so constructive criticism, here it goes, take it if u want it:
- don't use op.gg if it's gonna just tilt the shit out of you. there's nothing positive that comes from checking op.gg before a game, so why bother
- play easier and more consistent champions. i don't play zed or yasuo or azir for a reason. i play orianna, lux or syndra, champions i can play well without being faker and that don't become absolutely useless if they're not snowballing. when leblanc got nerfed to the point that you have to be faker to be succesful at her, i stopped playing her
- look into your own play. at least ur ranked kdas are pretty low on champions you have really high winrates like yasuo. there's probably a ton for you to improve on (there is for everyone), that's a way more constructive use of your time than complaining about matchmaking

killatopak

best skin 2017 for sure

Yeah and it's sad that I don't have it yet considering I am a Riven main. I bought the chromas and the quest bundle for chaos and order instead. I figured I could always get the skin later because the icons along with the border were time constrained.

So far, I've been using the red haired bunny riven skin since she looks like a character from darkstalkers wearing that.

Fracas

#fuckonami
kayn is fun as hell. that regen in darkin form is insane, and it's really rewarding to be able to dance around a teamfight with his kit's mobility

drawkcaB

Did Riot ever say whether we get to pick the new runes before every match (like current masteries) or if you have to create pages and whatever you go in with is what you pick (like current runes)

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Did Riot ever say whether we get to pick the new runes before every match (like current masteries) or if you have to create pages and whatever you go in with is what you pick (like current runes)

you can edit freely before each match, but you can also have multiple rune pages, like currently

drawkcaB

So more like how masteries work right now.

And tonight's feeder of the game goes to *drum roll* my 0/12/4 Quinn top who fed the ever living shit out of Yasuo. We won bot lane, didn't fucking matter.

And an honorable mention to my Lee Sin jungle who didn't know how Tahm Kench's ult worked. I enjoyed watching you just stand there and not click on me when my ultimate was active. Your total inaction resulted in a single kill instead of an easy double and an objective. Bully for you, you wannabe pro!

I want Lee Sin nerfed into oblivion. I don't give a shit about balance. I want him out of my goddamn low elo.

JulianImp

So more like how masteries work right now.

And tonight's feeder of the game goes to *drum roll* my 0/12/4 Quinn top who fed the ever living shit out of Yasuo. We won bot lane, didn't fucking matter.

And an honorable mention to my Lee Sin jungle who didn't know how Tahm Kench's ult worked. I enjoyed watching you just stand there and not click on me when my ultimate was active. Your total inaction resulted in a single kill instead of an easy double and an objective. Bully for you, you wannabe pro!

I want Lee Sin nerfed into oblivion. I don't give a shit about balance. I want him out of my goddamn low elo.

I do think spending your bans to spare your team of crappy high skill-floor champions is the better call until you get to higher ELO, since it's pretty rare that you get matched up with a truly good Lee Sin, Yasuo, Azir or the likes. I know I won't be getting paired up with challenger smurfs or really good otps at bronze, so I might as well ban like that and let the other nine bans target generic stuff such as Darius or Blitzcrank.

Dekutulla

Just got kicked out of a Ranked lobby because the client bugged out and wouldn't let me lock in. I'd banned Nasus, but it kept saying that was who I'd picked to play too, and every time I clicked to lock in the champ I actually wanted to play it'd give me an error message.

Feels bad.

e: Getting some weird problems in general, actually. I tried making another lobby so I could actually play this time, but when I click "create game" it just stays on the "select gametype screen" and doesn't do anything. Is this something other people have experienced or should I just make a support ticket, cause this seems messed up

1 victory then 4 straight losses, again reminded why i quit on LoL. Constantly end up on the team with the team that has 3 losing lanes.

Soon to be demoted to Bronze II

If there's a 5th straight loss in this game i'm in now. Bye bye LoL for a unforseen time.

faridmon

1 victory then 4 straight losses, again reminded why i quit on LoL. Constantly end up on the team with the team that has 3 losing lanes.

Soon to be demoted to Bronze II

If there's a 5th straight loss in this game i'm in now. Bye bye LoL for a unforseen time.

Sorry to say this, but your attitude isn't helping. Everyone gets bad teammates yet people climb.

If you think your adc is rubbish then play adc and see if you are any better

Sorry to say this, but your attitude isn't helping. Everyone gets bad teammates yet people climb.

If you think your adc is rubbish then play adc and see if you are any better

No i dont do better at adc, worse so. I play support mainly because it's what i am "good" at. I'm not good or skilled enough in fast reaction and so on to play adc or such. Not the type of player that can carry a game so to say.

Of course i get salty attitude after having losing streaks, do you mean that you are happy go lucky when your in a total rut? My attitude is not what makes the other team lose and feed on their lanes so. I dont flame in chat either.

Anyway after 4 horrible games i finally get paired with decent team mates.

co3YNDO.png

zkylon

zkylewd
it's not singlehandedly making you lose but it's hurting your odds for sure

everyone gets bad teammates, that's how multiplayer games go, but people that play to improve and can recognize their mistakes and play to their strengths rise and ppl that just complain about their teammates get stuck

don't get me wrong i'm complaining about my shitty teammates every game but i don't blame them for my losses, and i'm not getting challenger anytime soon either, but i don't play on the verge of quitting and have a good time even when i'm losing

zkylon

zkylewd
I hope they are leaving vel alone. ��

link?

i can see both ori and syndra getting nerfs. syndra will probably get another minor rework at some point

ori is op only because riot is dumb and buffed her ult

i've said it a lot lately, consequence is a dying concept in league because how easy you can access max cdr now, and also because riot has been balancing champions to have lower cooldowns and that's lame

link?

i can see both ori and syndra getting nerfs. syndra will probably get another minor rework at some point

ori is op only because riot is dumb and buffed her ult

i've said it a lot lately, consequence is a dying concept in league because how easy you can access max cdr now, and also because riot has been balancing champions to have lower cooldowns and that's lame

https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/MwkHiAqN-quick-gameplay-thoughts-july-21

I think this is a problem they gave themselves with champions like Elise, Lee Sin, Nidalee, Jayce, Kha'Zix, Corki etc. not relying on long cooldowns to be effective. The only way ult-dependent champions can compete in high tempo games is to make them super OP or low cooldown, and that generally means low cooldown because putting too much power in an ult usually makes a champion bad at high levels (or plain OP, see Sejuani at her peak, or Rumble when his ult did instant damage).

zkylon

zkylewd
tyty

I think lower cooldowns are fine

it's more fun when you're using skills

it's anti-fun waiting for cooldowns
eh, i like ur antics breezy but it's an interesitng topic imo

I think this is a problem they gave themselves with champions like Elise, Lee Sin, Nidalee, Jayce, Kha'Zix, Corki etc. not relying on long cooldowns to be effective. The only way ult-dependent champions can compete in high tempo games is to make them super OP or low cooldown, and that generally means low cooldown because putting too much power in an ult usually makes a champion bad at high levels (or plain OP, see Sejuani at her peak, or Rumble when his ult did instant damage).
it's not only that tho, mids take cdr/lvl runes and are hovering like 35% with blue buff and morellos really early, and a champion like ori already had low cooldowns on her base spells

it's more work balancing champions around being punished for their mistakes but that makes them way more fair

nowadays i'm sometimes ulting twice during a teamfight with ori...

I seem to be ok with the majority of champions in Aram but when it comes to regular games I just flounder horribly bad even when I know what to do. I always seem to fall behind everyone else.

JulianImp

I seem to be ok with the majority of champions in Aram but when it comes to regular games I just flounder horribly bad even when I know what to do. I always seem to fall behind everyone else.

Well, ARAM's completely different. Still, I've got to say I'm the opposite: I suck at playing ARAM since I tend to get overwhelmed by too many things happening at once due to there being a single lane for all five players, while I tend to be better at playing in SR, where 5v5s happen but not all the time (so I guess my brain gets some time to cool down in between big teamfights).

I also think I still don't get how I'm supposed to play Braum, since I absolutely suck at using his W and E, and ignore them too much for my own good. Actually, I'd say I'm pretty of bad at reacting quickly to attacks and shield/heal/protect my teammates in time (or even myself... I sucked at using Sivir's E in an ARAM game I played a couple days ago), which is probably why I tend to feel more at ease when using characters that let me dictate the pacing of fights instead of having to react to enemy movements. I've been getting a bit better at using Redemption and Locket, but I still can't for the life of me buy and use Mikael's, like, ever.

Top Bottom