• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Newt

It really wouldn't be like you imagine. You know how hard it is to get a pre 20 min surrender? It would be even more difficult than that. I can't imagine 4 people voting someone out just because they lost a few games.

zkylon

zkylewd
hey this guy picked vayne lets all kick him out cos he probably sucks

oh kick voting failed, that's ok, except now the whole team is full with hostility because someone tried to get vayne kicked

kick voting has been talked to shit, there's literally there's nothing to gain for having it

if you don't want to play with someone take the 3 lp hit

3 lp ain't shit

Newt

I don't really care about the lp loss, I care about the wait time after multiple dodges.

Kick voting would be great, you just don't see the big picture.

jerd

There's like 0 chance kick voting wouldn't be abused. People holding lobbies hostage is super fucked up and the only way you can justify it, but I honestly don't know if that's even a significant problem since they ironed out the role selection.

Vote kick would be hell. We already have enough ways to hold champ select hostage as it is.

I wouldn't mind dialing down the dodge timer though.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
looking for a bruiser type female hero - thoughts ?

sejuani and vi both look very interesting.

i like vi's 'burning knuckle' style move a lot, but sejuani has a pig bear guy.

are they both junglers?

i have a Top i like (Kayle) and 2 Bot heroes (Sivir & Ashe). still figuring out who i like for Middle / Jungle / Support.

drawkcaB

There's like 0 chance kick voting wouldn't be abused. People holding lobbies hostage is super fucked up and the only way you can justify it, but I honestly don't know if that's even a significant problem since they ironed out the role selection.

Role selection doesn't prevent Teemo ADC who before the game starts states they're going to feed, and then proceeds to do so.

Yes, I've had this happen to me.

zkylon

zkylewd
Role selection doesn't prevent Teemo ADC who before the game starts states they're going to feed, and then proceeds to do so.

Yes, I've had this happen to me.
it decreased it significantly

you can't do anything to prevent toxicity, you can just reduce chances of it happening

a troll set on running your game can't be stopped, they're just banned after

kick voting will just create new toxicity

so tiring to have not troll about this bullshit every few months

Jezan

Random question but why we almost always get ascension on weekends but almost never URF? (Or even One for all) URF is the funniest mode ,IMO.

Did I answer my question? Whoops.

Soulblighterr

Neo Member

are they both junglers?

i have a Top i like (Kayle) and 2 Bot heroes (Sivir & Ashe). still figuring out who i like for Middle / Jungle / Support.

Irelia, Poppy (more of a tank, but her ult is one of the coolest looking spells in the game) and that's about all I play in the top lane :p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

are they both junglers?

I would steer clear of Vi. Maybe look at Shyvana.

Quonny

Illaoi.

I find her insanely fun (she's my favorite champion), she just has some super hard matchups.

Don't buy Illaoi.

jon bones

OK i really need to watch a video on jungling in lol

its a lot bigger than it is in vainglory and i was several levels behind everyone

Vi herself feels good to play, though

delSai

So i'm kinda done with Paragon and am lookin' for a new moba. It'll most likely either be LOL or HOTS.
Is the community as bad as some people say? This is really the thing that kills multiplayer for me, especially when you are new in a game and get yelled at for picking a certain character or whatever.

Quonny

So i'm kinda done with Paragon and am lookin' for a new moba. It'll most likely either be LOL or HOTS.
Is the community as bad as some people say? This is really the thing that kills multiplayer for me, especially when you are new in a game and get yelled at for picking a certain character or whatever.

Unless you go super off-role, you shouldn't really get yelled at for picking a champion.

But yeah, if you're playing an auto-attacking damager role and you pick a tank you're going to get yelled at.

I don't have any complaints with the community anymore. It used to be a lot worse.

It's no better/worse than any other game out there.

Mute any one that start griefing you and carry on.

Soulblighterr

Neo Member

Mute everyone unless you are playing with friends. There is no use for in-game chat when pre-30 levels are filled with bronze/silver players who think they are hot shit.

jon bones

Mute everyone unless you are playing with friends. There is no use for in-game chat when pre-30 levels are filled with bronze/silver players who think they are hot shit.

is there a global setting for this?

i haven't come across anyone being a dick but i like to auto mute text chat from everyone except my buds

Newt

Eh you guys have the wrong idea of vote kicking. If someone goes for a pick ex, Yasuo and 4 people on the team don't want it, they deserve to be kicked.

ew i autofilled support

hey random person not in our 4 stack, take support or we kick
Premades should only get 1 vote for the premade.

drawkcaB

Hold the fuck up...Cait's trap are a 2s snare at all levels, and Riot decided to slap around her attack speed scaling? Oh man, that is fucking hilarious!

zkylon

zkylewd
they should make cait traps more visible at the very least

i don't think it's much worse than other games, tho it's not great either

ideally you play with friends, that helps a lot

JulianImp

Whaaaaa?

This reminds me, I've meant to ask before, but keep forgetting:

How many of you play full-screen, and if you don't, why not?

I don't play full-screen on my mac because I used to have a bug where the game would only bother rendering as long as I was moving the mouse cursor. Riot might've fixed that by now, but I kinda got used to playing on a window anyway.

Hold the fuck up...Cait's trap are a 2s snare at all levels, and Riot decided to slap around her attack speed scaling? Oh man, that is fucking hilarious!
They're not 2s at all ranks, they're 1.5 but the tooltip is wrong.

Those duration nerfs change basically nothing.

zkylon

zkylewd
Orianna
Command: Attack (Q) damage reduction on ball pass through reverted from 15% to 10%
Command: Dissonance (W) damage lowered from 70/115/160/205/250 to 50/95/140/185/230
definitely happier with this nerf, hurts her ability to clear casters a lot less i bet

also syndra changes going from base to ratios is also good

edit: some people saying it'll hurt her early trading, which is fair, but i've heard it from many good ori players and i practice that myself of not chasing active trades with w early on because of mana issues. also some posts on reddit talking about her lvl 2 but i rarely start q so idk what they're talking about

but yea lux buffs weren't cheap eh...

cover_by_lengyou-dbhz3q2.jpg

No clue why the whole "vote to kick" thing surfaces every now and then.

That's the dumbest system that could ever be implemented to League, or any game that has any sort of champion/hero selection.

It's not the other player's fault if you don't like playing with a champion he/she likes. If the person makes the foolish move of hovering over a polarizing champion, then waste a ban to ban him/her out if you're that committed. Don't wish for a method to boot the player for playing the game...

zkylon

zkylewd
really wish mf someday gets a vo and model rework

she's one of my favorite characters in the lore but her vo is like slutty pirate and the boob jiggling animation is just the worst

i haven't read kayn's lore yet cos i'm not super into the ionian characters, but vastaya stuff kind of made ionia not suck so idk, i'll probably read it

doesn't change that he's super lame looking tho

also it's dumb to say something has tits and ass. men also have asses, pls

also i like varus

jon bones

loved playing as Janna

the tornado disrupt, the shield, dropping monsoon in a team fight and turning the tide

really like finding a support hero i like, as i play a healer in mmos / dnd

dimb

when is xerath getting deleted from this game again?
Why? He is very fair. Probably the most fair siege caster. Charge up times, skills can be easily dodged, decent tells on abilities. Super weak to flanks. The way Xerath works is very combo based too, so you need to string stuff together and keep hitting shots. Only way to start a reliable combo is with E or W, which can be played around and open up Xerath to attack. Look at Vel'Koz if you want to see an unfair siege caster that just dumps damage instantaneously.

zkylon

zkylewd
Don't care what everyone says

I really like Ascension. One of the most fun mode of the entire game
i like ascension too

i think they've made changes from the early days of it, i remember hating it at first

Why? He is very fair. Probably the most fair siege caster. Charge up times, skills can be easily dodged, decent tells on abilities. Super weak to flanks. The way Xerath works is very combo based too, so you need to string stuff together and keep hitting shots. Only way to start a reliable combo is with E or W, which can be played around and open up Xerath to attack. Look at Vel'Koz if you want to see an unfair siege caster that just dumps damage instantaneously.

100% agreed

Tizoc

Eh chalk it to frustration of hthe better Xerath always being on the opposing team's side.

jon bones

any tips for learning how to jungle?

also, any recommendations for any of these:
(unlocked already)
Ekko
Evelynn
Singed
Tryndamere
Yasuo
Warwick

(locked)
miss fortune
jinx
fiora

drawkcaB

Taric is so goddamn good right now, practically unfair

also, any recommendations for any of these:
(unlocked already)
Ekko
Evelynn
Singed
Tryndamere
Yasuo
Warwick

(locked)
miss fortune
jinx
fiora

Well, if you're trying to learn jungle, Warwick is definitely the champion I'd recommend at the moment. Evelynn can jungle, be her initials clears are a bit rough, so she's not ideal for a new jungler. The rest of those champions can't really jungle, save Tryndamere when the meta swings his way (it's currently not though).

dimb

If you are jungling in low level games I am not sure how reliable teammates will be in helping on the early leash, so I would really just play something that clears easily like Warwick or Nunu. You start at a major buff (red or blue, typically the one on the bot side so that the bottom lane can help with leashing the first camp) and just kind of go around the map. Farm what you can when it makes sense in the jungle. Try to understand which camps your champion should gravitate towards if possible (if you only have single target abilities maybe put off doing the camps with lots of mobs, particularly the razorbeak/raptor camp next to the mid lane). While you are jungling try to look to see which lanes you think you can gank and head there when you see an opportunity present itself. Use wards to follow the enemy jungler and roaming characters so you can know where to be. Objective control for things like Dragon/Baron are important, and if possible try to kill the Rift Scuttler wandering up the river when those are coming up, or you can head to it if you are low on HP and need to kill something that will not attack back early game. Sometimes you have to know when to let objectives go and when to fight for them. For dragons, if it's not Infernal or Mountain maybe don't worry so much about losing it to the enemy team. Smite gives HP back so if you are fighting enemy champions in the jungle you can smite monsters nearby for a slight HP edge. Generally speaking though you are last hitting with Smite to secure objectives in the jungle.

Top Bottom