• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Ignite + Flash top lane Rengar early game into Teleport + Flash mid game.

giphy.gif

Leezard

Rune designs are crazy. I love it, the game is going to be so different. I hope there will be enough choice depending on team comps and such. Of course op.gg and lolalytics and whatever will give a highest win percent choice, but it should still hopefully be some diversity in choice. Not having too many stat-based choices makes it better.

On another note, Taric is so good right now. He deals crazy amounts of damage for a tanky/half-enchanter support and can go ardent censer if needed, and become a tanky wall that gives armor if needed.

I tried watching an NB3 video (got approximately one minute in or so, good lord he's dumb) but Ornn seems like a pretty good jungler, even without his dumb gimmick crit build.

Newt

He has a 30% in the jungle. I think he's an okay champion, but all his abilities are way too damn slow. Definitely gonna be one of those garbage on release champions. Also, he's not a jungler.

He has a 30% in the jungle. I think he's an okay champion, but all his abilities are way too damn slow. Definitely gonna be one of those garbage on release champions. Also, he's not a jungler.

Yeah I never saw him as a jungler.

And honestly I think this is a champion that will do good after people get a feel on him. Bank on it.

Leezard

i wonder what's gonna happen to all the ip i spent on runes.

i wish they'd refund them. I still need a lot for champs.

40% refund for everything bought before (I think May 30th this year), 100% refund for everything bought after that. They've announced this already.

Leezard

I tried to look for a link that confirmed this but I can only find it for the 100% refund after May 30th, maybe I dreamt up the rest but I'm kinda confident and I can see forum posts that speak about 40%, just not from Rioters. Perhaps my google fu is weakening.

I tried to look for a link that confirmed this but I can only find it for the 100% refund after May 30th, maybe I dreamt up the rest but I'm kinda confident and I can see forum posts that speak about 40%, just not from Rioters. Perhaps my google fu is weakening.

now I'm sad you got my hopes up for nothing

yup, if I ever got one of those I'd have to find a way to use these.

Considering all the the effort they've done to show off these themed skins it seems weird to not have VO for all of them.

I actually thought that was the case because the first one I saw ingame was Jinx then dropped off for a bit then came back and saw Ahri.

Then I saw some PBE footage of the others and figured that since it was PBE the new voice lines weren't ready yet. I then found out that the others don't have new VO at all.

The only one I'm looking to get right now is Ahri but if I ever decide to use SG Ezreal I'll definitely get this voice mod for him.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
They would have to charge way more for skins if they voiced them and expand the scope of the project exponentially. Seems unreasonable.

Quonny

Ornn feels bad.

His Q takes too long to form, his W feels too short, and while I like his ult, I don't like how you have to basically stay in your little lane until you shoot it out again.

I hope this wasn't one of Riot's 'unique' champions they were talking about.

zkylon

zkylewd
Considering all the the effort they've done to show off these themed skins it seems weird to not have VO for all of them.

I actually thought that was the case because the first one I saw ingame was Jinx then dropped off for a bit then came back and saw Ahri.

Then I saw some PBE footage of the others and figured that since it was PBE the new voice lines weren't ready yet. I then found out that the others don't have new VO at all.

The only one I'm looking to get right now is Ahri but if I ever decide to use SG Ezreal I'll definitely get this voice mod for him.

VO means that skin is legendary so that'd be 1820 a pop

also if they're all special none of them is special

tho that's kind of the theme of this skinline now anyways....

drawkcaB

OMFG!!!

The one Nautilus buff I thought would never happen! They reduced the mana cost of his Q when it hits terrain by half. Holy shit!

I thought of this year's ago when thinking about what could help make him viable in the jungle. Actually, what I thought was to make his MS a touch lower even than now, and refund 50% mana and 66% CD when Q hits terrain, so you'd basically Spider-Man your ass around the rift. It's one of those "this would be super fun, but it's not really a balance thing, probably won't happen". I know it 's entirely like I wanted but I'll gladly take the 50% mana refund

Now change W's damage to max target health, capping at 3% per hit and complete his jungle rework...do eeeettt

I feel like a really need to press my luck nowadays my crazy ideas might become true:

LET TAHM'S W WORK ON BLUE AND RED BUFF WITH A DAMAGE CAP

Newt

Nah, Tahm would never be a fair jungle to play against. He could just TP behind bot and constantly get double kills that way. Panth jungle can do the same thing of course, but then you have to worry about getting outscaled by tanks.

phinious

Finally got platinum with my zilean support one trick. I played soooooo many games. I can't imagine getting a higher rank. What do now?

drawkcaB

Nah, Tahm would never be a fair jungle to play against. He could just TP behind bot and constantly get double kills that way. Panth jungle can do the same thing of course, but then you have to worry about getting outscaled by tanks.

Eh, I already jungle Tahm and that "reworked" keystone that deals %damage health now also applies to monsters, so I can do without Tahm devouring monsters.

zkylon

zkylewd
20161212081352a0el5yf0b5tx7mi4.jpg

found this on the internet

good cosplay

i should use ice chroma more, that one is more bullshit

also i'm kind of warming up to that star guardian syndra design

steve-zheng-syndra-small.jpg

it's so dumb looking i kind of appreciate it

Reivaxe

They would have to charge way more for skins if they voiced them and expand the scope of the project exponentially. Seems unreasonable.

VO means that skin is legendary so that'd be 1820 a pop

also if they're all special none of them is special

tho that's kind of the theme of this skinline now anyways....

Legendary isn't just new VOs, it's also new ( and updated in some cases) base model and completely new animation set

The real reason is that VO lines arent cheap, they would have to pay people to do them. Right now they only pay for new VO lines with either a new champ, New Legendary/ ult skin, a rework or a VO update.

The thing about this case is that this is one of those cases where the theme of the skin clashes completely with the voice in most champs cause the skin was made to play off the persona of only ONE champ. Omega skins work perfectly fine with those champs in contrast ... the Project skins work perfectly to. But MF's cheesy pg stripper lines and Syndra gushing about power and killing in Sailor Moon gear ... not so much. Thats why these fan VOs are a damn god send for some skins.

They seem to be doing something for Cosmic Reaver Kass ... shit sounds good so far.

zkylon

zkylewd
Legendary isn't just new VOs, it's also new ( and updated in some cases) base model and completely new animation set

The real reason is that VO lines arent cheap, they would have to pay people to do them. Right now they only pay for new VO lines with either a new champ, New Legendary/ ult skin, a rework or a VO update.

The thing about this case is that this is one of those cases where the theme of the skin clashes completely with the voice in most champs cause the skin was made to play off the persona of only ONE champ. Omega skins work perfectly fine with those champs in contrast ... the Project skins work perfectly to. But MF's cheesy pg stripper lines and Syndra gushing about power and killing in Sailor Moon gear ... not so much. Thats why these fan VOs are a damn god send for some skins.

They seem to be doing something for Cosmic Reaver Kass ... shit sounds good so far.

i can see your point but idk, i have cute snow sweater syndra, and she doesn't look like an evil power-obsessed murderer but she sure talks like one, and that's not really a problem for me

and i think this skinline is now pretty lame in comparison to where it started so eh, i don't really care anymore

and i'd rather have a 1350 skin than 1820 so i have to spend less money

also i like syndra's lines cos i like saying them, so having a different voice set would be weird

it's like chroma lux which has like a billion lines but they're all really boring and much worse than default lux

zkylon

zkylewd
it's megadumb that the ornn items are like in the middle of ur items

r7txTok.jpg

makes you scroll every time you want to buy wards

like seriously wth

killatopak

wait a minute.

I haven't read any of orn's abilities but you can benefit from his upgraded items as long as you're on the same team?

Leezard

wait a minute.

I haven't read any of orn's abilities but you can benefit from his upgraded items as long as you're on the same team?

You can buy them as long as you are on the same team. The upgrades cost 1000 gold except the support item upgrades that cost 500 gold.

Yeah i have tried Ornn a few games, mainly as a tank (not in ranked). And he feels very weak and slow atm. Very easy to kite him as well. Under powered compared to other top laners right now.

A few times his forge has bugged for me as well so i cant forge upgrades and only the 5 standard items.

drawkcaB

I feel like there's a missed opportunity with Ornn's passive. I think he'd have a cooler niche in team compositions of they dumped the "build super items" part of his passive and instead made it so that starting at the 20-25 min mark he could be a mobile shop for all allies, but the items bought this way increased their price by a certain %. Or something along these lines.

And then I'd oriented his numbers and certain parts of his kit more towards a support tank than a lane tank.

got any tips for zilean support? i have him and never tried, but love playing support

Just fire up a custom vs AIs and get used to landing double bombs and his somewhat particular AA animations. Other than that he's a fairly simple champ. What few other things you need to learn with him like timing his ult just comes from experience.

pigeon

Banned
His upgraded items are worth it if you've got your full build and can upgrade any one of them.

I mean, everything is worth it if the alternative is "nothing, this is the only thing I can buy to exceed the cap on effectively spending gold."

zkylon

zkylewd
His upgraded items are worth it if you've got your full build and can upgrade any one of them.
yeah but that's like 1 out of like 20 games or something

Maybe for mages but +30 AD on IE is a big fucking deal
i mean, it's better than not having it, but it's not gonna be a game decider or anything.

it is important to note that while individually it's not that crazy, this is a whole team "buff", and that's what matters

ur whole team has extra stats, that's what's big

pigeon

Banned
6 item build is around, what, 65-70k team gold? So Orn items do nothing before then.

They're also pretty expensive, so they basically let you scale until like 85k instead of 70k, at a much slower pace (because they're not new items with new abilities, they're just more stats on your existing items).

So, I mean, that's fine in those games where you get to 85k team gold.

And the kind of champion Ornn is, from what I've seen, is not the kind that drags games out to 50 minutes. He can't really splitpush with any safety and his waveclear is short ranged. I guess he can help defend pushes by forcing favourable engages. I'm sure someone will try running Ziggs/Azir/Anivia with him and a strong late game carry to abuse the passive, but I don't think it'll ever be a meta strat unless he's OP. Although, if a team can ever get away with him as support against a passive lane, it might be important. That lets you run a top that can apply more pressure and benefit more from the extra item too.

phinious

got any tips for zilean support? i have him and never tried, but love playing support

You must use quick casting. I know most people do, but it is definitely required for his dbl bomb. Get good at casting them so they drop like at the same time.

You can slow them, dbl bomb, once stun is up slow again. This is great in lane for ganks.

A lot of time slowing an enemy is better than speeding up an ally.

If you play him a ton you will pick it all up fast.

Top Bottom