• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Newt

I've yet to see an Ornn win.

c9506fc19c91272f0238bdc11a38de90.png

zkylon

zkylewd
only ornn i've seen do well so far was a jungle ornn and i think it was more due to their good game knowledge than anything specific of the champion

seen a lot of support ornn which looked really bad

top lane ornn didn't look awful, but the champion looks a bit sluggish. i could see him get a few polish patches and be kind of alright

drawkcaB

Yeah, I saw. Buffs is buffs but I was hoping they go in another direction than giving him back some of the power they previously trimmed. Oh well, in about 2 months none of these buffs/nerfs will matter one lick after the runes rework - it'll all be gloriously fucked.

All right. I'm back after being gone for 6 months. I need to stay away from Ranked this time so I don't burn out.

Lmao. I can see why I quit for such a long time. Match History....7 defeats in a row. Won 2 of last 14. Damn.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Took a few games to get adjusted but I am really feeling Darius. Very satisfying kit - the gibs when you hit an R are a real fun touch.

I think I've finally got a ranged champ (Ahri) a melee champ (Darius) and a few supports (Taric / Janna / Soraka) I like a lot. Also accepted that jungle & adc aren't for me.

Now to hit 30 and hopefully not play with so many smurfs.

Lmao. Great return to League. Played against a Yi who carried his team and with teammates who loved to roam into the jungle by themselves.

-Breathes in the fresh air-

It's good to be back

Newt

"I am the bone of my ADC
  rage is my body and tilt is my blood
  I have created over a thousand accounts
  Unknown to good teams
  Nor known to promotion
  Have withstood pain to create many montages
  Yet those hands will never hold victory
  So, as I pray, unlimited solo q works."

j/k, abusing Vayne while she can still 1 shot people with crits

Leezard

"I am the bone of my ADC
  rage is my body and tilt is my blood
  I have created over a thousand accounts
  Unknown to good teams
  Nor known to promotion
  Have withstood pain to create many montages
  Yet those hands will never hold victory
  So, as I pray, unlimited solo q works."

j/k, abusing Vayne while she can still 1 shot people with crits

That won't be a pretty reality marble.

edit: Ornn got hotfix buffs!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-717-notes#patch-mid-patch-updates
Ornn's been having a tough time pulling out wins since launch a few days ago. We've got some buffs to the buff blacksmith below, but want to strongly emphasize something to Ornn's teammates as well: don't rush Ornn's Masterwork upgrades! These items are meant to give you a stat advantage in the late game, not to replace or offset your first major item purchases.
HEALTH GROWTH STAT 85 ⇒ 90
BASE HEALTH REGEN 7.18 ⇒ 9
HEALTH REGEN GROWTH 0.6 ⇒ 0.8
ATTACK SPEED GROWTH 1.3% ⇒ 2%
R-CALL OF THE FORGE GOD COOLDOWN 150/115/80 seconds ⇒ 130/100/70 seconds

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
any tips for Darius in a team fight?

i am getting comfortable in the lane, and able to get a couple early kills to gain momentum but i'm still 50/50 in team fights

sometimes i'm able to apply 5 stacks, and R 2-3 people in a row but sometimes i just get focused down and CC'd in a second

Whatever you do

Don't become a Liquid fan

duly noted

i don't care if the team is terrible, i love the Mets & Knicks... just want an NYC based team to root for

The contrast between Dota Liquid and League Liquid is utterly baffling to me.
A friend of mine was super hyped for a Liquid match in Dota a couple weeks back and I was extremely confused
duly noted

i don't care if the team is terrible, i love the Mets & Knicks... just want an NYC based team to root for
I can't think of any east coast teams, I'm afraid

You can always become a TSM fan Kappa

Quonny

Good Ornn hotfix. Aside from his numbers, I think they really need to tackle the delay on his Q. It just needs to form 0.5 seconds faster.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If his Q becomes faster then it needs to lose the slow. He can't have a guaranteed AoE knockup.
J4...............Rek'sai.........Zac............or if you want to just include general CC you have stuff like Gragas E. One second knockup is really nothing.

Ornn has huge design issues. Not really sure how he got through. Stuff like the ability to shop wherever is just a power that doesn't feel very fun to use and cuts into the power of the rest of his kit. Same sort of goes for the late game items. He's not even the one that is really buying them and they cut into the power of his kit too. Not really a fan of base champion stat buffs to gloss over the mess.

Q damage is pathetic. 20 at rank one. 20!!!!!!!!!!!!! A single tick of Singed poison does twice as much damage. Ornn scaling is all over the place too. Brittle passive is target max % HP. Bellows Breath is current target % HP. Q is 100% AD (???), Ult is pitiful AP at 20%, and E is based on bonus resistances. You see people buying Infernal Mask just to eke out the tiniest bit more damage and even that is related to Sunfire. Just sad.

phinious

Ok so in plat, players are pretty hard to hit with zilean's dbl bombs during laning phase. One tip is to bomb minions and try to get the player in the aoe.

Think I need a new pocket pick for plat+ now...

drawkcaB

Anyone here who plays Poppy jungle here? What items do you generally build? Like is deadman's better than randuin as a first armor item etc.

I dabble. Her tank itemization isn't any different than other jungle tanks. Deadman's is usually a safe bet, IBG is also an option if you're doing well and tends to be my preferred first but after Cinderhulk is finished.

DMP is generally better as a first armour buy on junglers because of the MS.

RedZaraki

Banned
Ornn after hotfix buffs is still terrible.

The problem is that once your opponents know how he works, he's predictable and slow as hell.

Feels like a mix of Poppy and Trundle, but worse.

Also, the items are garbage. Until you are literally 6 slot full, they are not worth your gold. Only one in like 30 games goes that far.

Reivaxe

Ornn after hotfix buffs is still terrible.

The problem is that once your opponents know how he works, he's predictable and slow as hell.

Feels like a mix of Poppy and Trundle, but worse.

Also, the items are garbage. Until you are literally 6 slot full, they are not worth your gold. Only one in like 30 games goes that far.

It's because he's a tank.

Riot has made it clear how they want Tanks to work now IMO. They are 1- Afraid shit less of having someone be like "Strong Poppy" ( can engage and tank dmg AND deal decent DMG) and 2- Seeeeem to want them to have high counter play so people don't bitch about the dreaded tank meta ( Sion rework IMO is the force behind this. People point out how he's apparently the least complained about champ and seen as the most "fair" according to some survey or some shit. That's because everything in his kit is a damn skill shot that can be avoided. He can run in and set up perfectly for his team oooor look like a goof and run around in dead mode)

They want tanks to move away from having easy engages and to be more complex well also having counterplay. The thing is I feel like it all starts to fall apart when you factor in that high counter play normally means slow rotation and slow rotation + predicable pattern/ engage + NO DMG makes something seem pretty weak.

But arnt his upgrades the most cost effective use of 1000G? there's that power to factor in. His ability to forge in lane means he has to be mana hungry to them I guess.

zkylon

zkylewd
the way items work in league is that since complete items are a lot stronger than their components, it's not efficient to put money towards something that's just a stat upgrade. as far as cost efficient, i don't think so either, for ap it's like 60 ap for 1000g? that's not amazing

you always want to put 1000g towards a full item like liandry's or something

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I agree with soda cop. Ornn's design is just not good nor is it really interesting. Brittle as a status is unique on paper but on Ornn it's just infuriating. Ornn feels extremely gimmicky. The only thing remotely interesting in his kit is his ult. That's it. How this guy got through is also baffling to me.

Quonny

I agree with soda cop. Ornn's design is just not good nor is it really interesting. Brittle as a status is unique on paper but on Ornn it's just infuriating. Ornn feels extremely gimmicky. The only thing remotely interesting in his kit is his ult. That's it. How this guy got through is also baffling to me.

There's a reason he didn't get a hype video or basically any interesting promotion.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I understand the feel to make unique champions and different kits and abilities. I get that. When you have so many champions, you need to differentiate new stuff. But when I see stuff like Xayah and Rakan and then shit like Ivern and Ornn. Like... Idk.

Top Bottom