• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

zkylon

zkylewd
Ooh Riot's learning
their track record with larger class reworks isn't much better

in fact, the larger class reworks (like leblanc, malzahar, graves or rengar) are the ones that ended up being the biggest headaches

minor reworks like caitlyn, anivia or even syndra have been mostly painless, even tho i think the syndra rework was very misguided

so idk if they're learning tbh

I think that's supposed to be Aloy
i feel like breezy really struggles with the basic concept we've all learned when we were like 8 of "two things can look similar and not be the same thing"

like u can do it breezy, aloy is not a copy of robin hood breezy

pls understand

Newt

The Anivia and Syndra "touches" were completely failures, lol.

Riot needs to be focused on counter play when they do these reworks, or you get into a situation like with LeBlanc where she has zero counterplay and needs to be removed from the game.

they're only headaches because they haven't reworked all the champions yet

when everyone is overpowered and a nuisance, nobody will be.

i feel like breezy really struggles with the basic concept we've all learned when we were like 8 of "two things can look similar and not be the same thing"

like u can do it breezy, aloy is not a copy of robin hood breezy

pls understand

you're right it's quinn

zkylon

zkylewd
mostly painless failures tho, which is my point

they didn't get any better but neither of those champions became malzahar or graves or leblanc

i do agree it's better to not do anything than to do something wrong, so i agree with the move

just saying, the big problem were the big reworks, not the small ones

Riot needs to be focused on counter play when they do these reworks, or you get into a situation like with LeBlanc where she has zero counterplay and needs to be removed from the game.
they did mean to add more counterplay to her, that was the whole point of the cooking passive and the lock on the w return

problem is that they didn't really think it through and introduced even bigger problems

Type and I got matched with a dude who hovered Yasuo. I banned the yuck-mouth out, so he ended up going 6/3/28 with Gangplank. That's what I like to see.

Don't hover Yasuo, kids.

His OP.GG stats show favorable Yasuo play, but one can't ever be too sure.

Tizoc

A Blood Moon Illaoi skin can work; her tentacles become like demon arms, if not skeletal arms that just smash stuff around.

Here's another idea for an Illaoi skin- Supreme Judge Illaoi; replace tentacles with giant gavel swings etc.

zkylon

zkylewd
the lux buffs are meant to add more to her kit to master, but i feel like it won't do that in the slightest

i really would love true sight on her e, i think it'd make her a really interesting champion because it makes her about more than just dmg, in that not only she would counter certain champions like rengar, but also that it would encourage her to roam and be active around the map (you don't get anything from true sight in lane)

like, you start going bot, clear banana brush with e and come back mid. now u make a move bot again and u disappear from the map and you forced the other team to react

it wouldn't help at all in lower elo since no one wards in lower elo lol

i think there might be some pain points about her always having brush priority midlane but maybe the true sight stuff has a long, secondary cooldown that only triggers when u see something with ur true sight. maybe that cooldown scales with levels so it's less important in lane.

i also think it's thematically cool since it's like light showing what's hidden and stuff

her passive granting true sight was another idea that ppl had, but i think that would be pretty unfun to play against

zkylon

zkylewd
Having a sweeper on a 10 second cooldown doesn't sound interesting, it sounds really fucking busted.

like i said give it a long cooldown

I feel like mages like Lux, Anivia and Ahri just really lack nuance in their kit in general.
that's only true for lux

anivia and ahri have intricacy, they're just easy to play and the nuance is kind of focalized around specific parts of her kit

like anivia is all about her wall, but that spell is so awesome it kind of carries the whole kit

ahri is mostly that she requires real finess to use her properly. right now her numbers are a little high for my taste but u can easily tell good ahris apart from bad ahris by how they do the double q proc and how they ult

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Most of what Ahri does is just catch people out of fog with charm and blow them up....

Ever

Banned
I'll have to sit down and read all this new Demacian lore.

Also Meddler's thoughts on Galio atm:

Riot Meddler said:
Galio

Has just had his update go out. Super early days, so far we're seeing him perform better top and mid than jungle or support. In terms of balance it's too soon to judge much, looks like at minimum he's not weak however. Whether that means he's around balanced or on the strong side we should start to get a clearer picture on soon.

Makes sense, his kit seems like it works much better for solo lane play. He has good wave clear for solo lanes and decent damage in his kit. I don't like him mid since it feels like he doesn't have enough damage to compete with a full mage. I don't mind it if you have a mage to complement top lane though, he can build AP/Bruiser type or even full tank.

Jungle and Support being weaker makes sense though. His mana costs are decently high early, and being a tank jungler means his clear speeds won't be able to keep up with his carry jungler counterparts. He also can't build a Tiamat to speed it up given his mediocre AS and propensity to build AP. Support is kind of eh. Damage reduction and some poke with Q, but I don't know how well he'd keep up with traditional supports.

zkylon

zkylewd
nBBzOCy.png

these bans aren't normal are they lol

TheFlow

Banned
Gallio jungle is amazing. Newt and I won with one actually.

Anyway I had the most amazing game earlier today. Every lane fed hard and lee couldn't gank.

my adc trist carries hard. I am surprised more people don't play her.

Top Bottom