• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
vlad with spirit visage? wut?

Wota is already enough. Vlad is the strongest 5ap item champ in the game because of his passive. Spirit visage is a waste of an item slot.
Visage is a good early game counter to magic burst - it seems like he was having problems against Kassadin - visage would help. But sure, visage has no place in a 5 item build.
Wow, even Ferga's super high ELO has it -- are ranked games truly worse than normal games? I hardly ever seem to notice people quitting in normal games, but literally 50% of ranked games seem to have at least one person AFK in lobby, AFK in spawn, disconnecting for 5 minutes, griefing/trolling, ragequitting, or some variant of the above.

Like, I understand if you don't have time or whatever, but can't all these people play NON-ranked games? It's ridiculous how it's literally almost every game some times. I think 3+ of my ranked losses last night had 1-2 afk or disconnected people on my team.
You hardly seem to notice in normal games because you care less about normal games. It's impossible to avoid dcs, people can have bad connections - thats unavoidable. Everything else on the list is unavoidable too, but it happens less in higher elo, mostly because the people who are likely to troll/grief, afk on purpose, rage quit etc drag their elo down. Yes, its sad that you have so many disconnects, but we know low elo sucks - you should drag yourself out, if you can.

Swig_

How do you guys play/build Vayne? I just can't be good with her no matter how hard I try. And it's not a lack of skill, I just do almost no damage with her. Yet, everytime I'm up against another Vayne, they do very good damage. I've tried attack speed, straight AD and nothing seems to work. Damage is pitiful until I have some decent items. Ashe, on the other hand does a TON of damage for me and I win games with her. I use the same AD rune page with both.

I just don't understand how it is a night and day difference between Ashe and Vayne when I have nearly the same item build and the same runes.

When I play Vayne, it's just typical AD item path.
- Boots+3pots, or Doran Blade if support is expected to babysit real good.
- Berserker's Boots, double Doran Blade
- Stay with above for a while till I farm enough for Infinity Edge then Vamp Scepter. If having trouble, rush BF Sword + Vamp Scepter first.
- Zeal->Phantom Dancer.
- Bloodthirster
- Situationals: Maw, Last Whisper, Guardian Angel

Skillwise it's R>E>Q>W for me. Condemn hurts so much if you pin them against the wall.

Swig_

- Stay with above for a while till I farm enough for Infinity Edge then Vamp Scepter. If having trouble, rush BF Sword + Vamp Scepter first.
- Zeal->Phantom Dancer.
- Bloodthirster

Skillwise it's R>E>Q>W for me. Condemn hurts so much if you pin them against the wall.

What about runes? That's pretty similar to what I've tried. I do terrible damage, yet with Ashe, I hit like a Mack truck. I want to figure out what my problem is, because I love the playstyle and kit, but my damage is always so pitiful with Vayne.

Inskipp

Maxing E is a very bad idea in my opinion. You're effectively gimping your play style, relying on bad positioning from the enemy and the fact that there's a wall to pin to in the first place.

Maxing Tumble and then Silver Bolts give much more reliable and consistent damage output from my experience. Save condemn for utility- purposes.

What about runes? That's pretty similar to what I've tried. I do terrible damage, yet with Ashe, I hit like a Mack truck. I want to figure out what my problem is, because I love the playstyle and kit, but my damage is always so pitiful with Vayne.

Runes: Flat AD Marks and Quints, Armor seals, MR Glyphs.

Vayne scales with attack speed. Get Zeal after your BF sword unless you're super fed.

If you guys have a good AD bruiser and jungler like Nocturne or Riven. Cleaver might be a better bet than Inf Edge.

Maxing E is a very bad idea in my opinion. You're effectively gimping your play style, relying on bad positioning from the enemy and the fact that there's a wall to pin to in the first place.

Maxing Tumble and then Silver Bolts give much more reliable and consistent damage output from my experience. Save condemn for utility- purposes.

Depends on how good you are with Vayne's positioning. if you max E first, your auto, tumble, auto, condemn combo is in insta-gib territory.

Regardless, you should level up Silver Bolts last because it scales with attack speed better than levels.

How do you guys play/build Vayne? I just can't be good with her no matter how hard I try.

I think you've figured out why you shouldn't play Vayne right now. Those nerfs were completely unnecessary and hurt her so much.

Granted, she is one of the most unstoppable carries if fed, but it is such an uphill battle to get there.

Avinexus

- Zeal->Phantom Dancer.
- Bloodthirster

I don't think IE first on Vayne is good at all. I go Bloodthirster -> PD.

It's just that maxing Q won't benefit you as much when your AD is still pretty low.

I get IE before BT because I only really get BT just for the life steal. IE+Vamp Scepter is all around better IMO. I'd rather not gamble my BT stacks when my build isn't that complete yet.

Boken

Banned
BT stacks halve on death now, so BT is much more attractive on vayne IMO.

CLGeu have such such good team fighting, its amazing.

Avinexus

CLGeu have such such good team fighting, its amazing.

Yeah, I was watching Dyrus yesterday when they were scrimming CLGeu and Wickd/Dyrus switched teams for a game. Dyrus was talking after the game about how much better the communication and team fighting was on CLGeu.

Yeah, I was watching Dyrus yesterday when they were scrimming CLGeu and Wickd/Dyrus switched teams for a game. Dyrus was talking after the game about how much better the communication and team fighting was on CLGeu.

They're definitely my favorite team to watch right now.

I thought having multiple people call plays would hurt them, but they don't hesitate at all so it works

Finally won my second ranked game. I think the secret is playing a lane instead of support.

Guy in team select: "Are you sure about picking Karthus to lane against Brand?"
Me: "Hmm, I guess we'll see"

20 minutes in I realize I still haven't used any of my starting 3 pots and I'm 20-30 CS ahead of Brand. Just one ill-advised attempt to dive on him screwed me over. 9/3/8 with 177 cs when they surrendered.

I could do better in team fights but I find it hard to practice specific champs unless you have a 5-man team to play with and everyone is ok with you taking mid every game.

Ferga

Finally won my second ranked game. I think the secret is playing a lane instead of support.

Guy in team select: "Are you sure about picking Karthus to lane against Brand?"
Me: "Hmm, I guess we'll see"

20 minutes in I realize I still haven't used any of my starting 3 pots and I'm 20-30 CS ahead of Brand. Just one ill-advised attempt to dive on him screwed me over. 9/3/8 with 177 cs when they surrendered.

I could do better in team fights but I find it hard to practice specific champs unless you have a 5-man team to play with and everyone is ok with you taking mid every game.

I've won all of my support games. Never failed to lose bot since i babysit so well :p

woops I derped and Double posted.

Blizzard

Banned
I've won all of my support games. Never failed to lose bot since i babysit so well :p

woops I derped and Double posted.
Sadly this doesn't always work out. Even when bottom lane crushes, unless they are good enough to also help the jungler with dragon, carry the other lanes, and potentially survive a fed top/mid lane champion in team fights, they can still lose. I have seen it and been very sad recently.

Ferga

Sadly this doesn't always work out. Even when bottom lane crushes, unless they are good enough to also help the jungler with dragon, carry the other lanes, and potentially survive a fed top/mid lane champion in team fights, they can still lose. I have seen it and been very sad recently.

That's why I take control of my solo Q teams. I request dragon takes whenever bot or mid die.

I almost always leave top turret to go down just to get dragons when i play top in ranked. Just staying in your lane won't win you the game even if you're outcsing and outkilling your lane opponent at top. If you find that your mid isn't warding jungle entrances, buy wards and ward for them. I never leave the fountain with more than 75gold unless i'm playing AD.
Buy pink wards to check for wards at dragon and set up fights for it as well.

Objectives>laning and csing

Biggest objectives for me in the game is dragon and mid turret. If you get mid turret, your ap can gank and win you the game. Dragons also determine who win mid game.

XeroSauce

Hehehe, I introduced my friend to the game and he messaged me a few hours ago while I was AFK.

Friend: you online?>
Friend: I need an opinion
Friend : Ryze, Morgana, or Annie
Friend: [NVM i bought Morgana (on sale 1350 IP) Hope its a good one

and then an hour later..

Friend: Just tried her, shes decent, def a support character

So interesting

Blizzard

Banned
I don't think I've ever seen an effective support Morgana rather than mid AP. One of my friends tried playing her that way, and I think they said it didn't work out at all.

ShdwDrake

Banned
Getting good with shen. 4 on 1 game Poppy left early went on for 45 mins of me denying kills lol

UikZd.jpg

KKRT00

Getting good with shen. 4 on 1 game Poppy left early went on for 45 mins of me denying kills lol

I'm going with different setup on Shen - dorian shield->mercury threads->sunfire->giant belt->negatron cloak->force of nature->warmog->atma.
HP regeneration with force of nature and Q is so OP, you are just unkillable.

Ken

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xILYpar7juc/T3gJICEnDnI/AAAAAAAAB-4/9c2vIrbPnvk/s1600/3-D+Mode.png[MG]
Happy April Fools![/QUOTE]I'd buy that.

Anyone low level/just stating out want to play normals with me (level 6). Getting sick of randoms.

ShdwDrake

Banned
I'm going with different setup on Shen - dorian shield->mercury threads->sunfire->giant belt->negatron cloak->force of nature->warmog->atma.
HP regeneration with force of nature and Q is so OP, you are just unkillable.

Im going to try this out like now lol and see how i do.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'd buy that.

Anyone low level/just stating out want to play normals with me (level 6). Getting sick of randoms.

Just started playing myself, level 17 now.

SN:pankaks

Quick question: One of my buddies is telling me to save all my IP for a full rune page and avoid buying more champions until I do. Another friend says to not bother saving until I hit level 19. I've bought Sona and have saved up roughly 9.4k IP so far. Should I buy champions or keep saving for runes?

A full rune page even by Lv20 costs around 10k, and you usually tailor that for your current favorite champ, so yeah... they cost a lot.

ShdwDrake

Banned

Quick question: One of my buddies is telling me to save all my IP for a full rune page and avoid buying more champions until I do. Another friend says to not bother saving until I hit level 19. I've bought Sona and have saved up roughly 9.4k IP so far. Should I buy champions or keep saving for runes?

Dont worry about runes now buy champs. After 30 worry about runes but the slots gradually unlock so you can buy a champ and still be good on buying runes.

Blizzard

Banned
Dat...Riven ass. ;-; I would be tempted to buy that especially since I like Riven so much, thus proving everything negative people already believed about guy gamers.

Make sure you have around 12000 IP by the time you hit 20, anything else you can spend on champions.

450 champions are some of the best too. Ryze, Nunu, Ashe, all tier 0 champions.

Dat...Riven ass. ;-; I would be tempted to buy that especially since I like Riven so much, thus proving everything negative people already believed about guy gamers.

Needs more Ahri fan-service.

Blizzard

Banned
Does anyone play Lee Sin much, and if so, what item build do you recommend for jungling?

I started out building wriggles, level 2 shoes, and triforce, and someone was calling me a "noob" and a "fagg" for not building madred's even though I went 6/0/8. He said something to the effect that I would fail late game with that sort of build. I was planning to continue with something like atma's impaler, warmogs, maybe force of nature, bloodthirster. Are those bad ideas?

JesseZao

I don't think you build triforce on Lee Singa, but I haven't played him a ton either. I think you'd build him similarly to Riven. Probably get a BT after wriggles instead and then start going tanky.

Edit: Also, the BT is less for the life steal and more for the maximizing AD.

Ken

Sigh, played with an Ashe who went mid with Gangplank. Then when people started dying she called everyone noobs, and told everyone to go mid while she stood in base and didn't help with fights. Ugh.

I want to like this game but the solo queue normals, even at low levels, is so unwelcoming. Think I've only played one nice random Sejuani who didn't get mad and offered helpful tips during the game.

Does anyone play Lee Sin much, and if so, what item build do you recommend for jungling?

I started out building wriggles, level 2 shoes, and triforce, and someone was calling me a "noob" and a "fagg" for not building madred's even though I went 6/0/8. He said something to the effect that I would fail late game with that sort of build. I was planning to continue with something like atma's impaler, warmogs, maybe force of nature, bloodthirster. Are those bad ideas?
I usually get LW instead of BT because it helps your Q and R, plus you don't need the lifesteal (with his W and a Wriggle's). But yeah, FM or Warmog's + Atma's, FoN and a damage item is a good full build.

Edit: Also, the BT is less for the life steal and more for the maximizing AD.
Sure, but you're paying for extra lifesteal, and pretty early in the game. I'd switch the Wriggle's out for it if the game got that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom