• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

Sigh, played with an Ashe who went mid with Gangplank. Then when people started dying she called everyone noobs, and told everyone to go mid while she stood in base and didn't help with fights. Ugh.

I want to like this game but the solo queue normals, even at low levels, is so unwelcoming. Think I've only played one nice random Sejuani who didn't get mad and offered helpful tips during the game.

For me, I ended up playing a lot of Twisted Treeline 3v3 games while leveling to 30. You have less chance for afk/leavers, games are shorter, and you have more of an impact on the outcome of the game while learning it. Before I was 30, I prefered playing that mode unless I was with a group to play 5v5. Nowadays, I don't play 3v3 unless I'm playing a new/free champ as I find SR more enjoyable. Maybe just try it out to see if you like it.

Ken

For me, I ended up playing a lot of Twisted Treeline 3v3 games while leveling to 30. You have less chance for afk/leavers, games are shorter, and you have more of an impact on the outcome of the game while learning it. Before I was 30, I prefered playing that mode unless I was with a group to play 5v5. Nowadays, I don't play 3v3 unless I'm playing a new/free champ as I find SR more enjoyable. Maybe just try it out to see if you like it.

Is that the same as 5v5 but the only difference is team size and the map?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Huh, I never actually tried out Twisted Treeline before. Is the IP/XP rewards the same as SR or is it reduced?

JesseZao

Is that the same as 5v5 but the only difference is team size and the map?

The map is much smaller, bases face each other on opposite sides, there are only two lanes (top and bottom). Usually you have the "carry" go solo top and then have two people in the bottom lane. You don't really see dedicated junglers on this map (maybe in ranked level 30 play).

Here are some screen shots of the new skin.

ibm6pf9nQ4uVjp.jpg

i7BtcVGueQf.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I saw a Fizz using that skin today and didn't realize it was new. It looked cute, but unfortunately he apparently sucked. Fizz doing well mid lane seems pretty rare.

y2dvd

Does anyone play Lee Sin much, and if so, what item build do you recommend for jungling?

I started out building wriggles, level 2 shoes, and triforce, and someone was calling me a "noob" and a "fagg" for not building madred's even though I went 6/0/8. He said something to the effect that I would fail late game with that sort of build. I was planning to continue with something like atma's impaler, warmogs, maybe force of nature, bloodthirster. Are those bad ideas?
I don't see a problem with the items you're getting asides from the order you're getting them in. Wriggles > Madreds for the extra ward alone. I tend to get frozen mallet after Wriggles and then lvl 2 boots and then it depends from there. Atmas if I'm doing well, Giant Belt if I'm not.

Finally reached 1700s!

XeroSauce

Dat...Riven ass. ;-; I would be tempted to buy that especially since I like Riven so much, thus proving everything negative people already believed about guy gamers.

Insta-buy for me. I've been waiting forever for this skin and they executed it perfectly.

The best part of it, Vayne is still a bigger slut

EDIT: Derp

Dooraven

I dunno how Froggen is that good with Anivia. He Trollbuilds in Serious Tournament Games (Randiuns Warmongs Anivia No problemo) and still goes 10/2 with her, it's just amazing to watch.

Einbroch

Banned
Man, I really don't like how these types of games snowball. Really isn't worth playing unless you get a team of five together. Four games tonight, had at least one person <2 / >10 / <5 in all of them.

I know it's just the way of the game, but damn, it makes me really, really not want to play unless all four of my friends that play this game happen to get on at the same time.

y2dvd

Man, I really don't like how these types of games snowball. Really isn't worth playing unless you get a team of five together. Four games tonight, had at least one person <2 / >10 / <5 in all of them.

I know it's just the way of the game, but damn, it makes me really, really not want to play unless all four of my friends that play this game happen to get on at the same time.

You playing Normal or Ranked? Normal, you pretty much have to expect trash play to be the norm. You of course still get it in Ranked, but trolling/bad play has been seen way less as you go up in elo.

Had an Urgot on my team. I forget how hard he hits. He was such a good harasser at such a distance and we totally controlled our bot lane. Might have to try him out again.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Just think about it this way, sometime you will play with players that is a lot better that carry you for free win.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ugh, played with a high ELO friend and got absolutely roflstomped. Hate going to bed after those kinds of games.

Ken

How do I harass ranged opponents as Fizz, especially early on?

I guess his passive helps getting in and out but he takes a ton of damage trying to get close. I've actually been wondering this about other melee champions too.

Boken

Banned
At level 2, Fizz can trade with most ranged champions extremely well. W and then Q into them and just auto attack. They can't put out the same damage. Level 4 is even better... 2 ranks in W, Q and E for escapes.

Sardello

The "New 3D Mode" with the terrible anaglyphic glasses is for real or it's an april fool?

I tried it in Trackmania and it's horrible.

Ken

At level 2, Fizz can trade with most ranged champions extremely well. W and then Q into them and just auto attack. They can't put out the same damage. Level 4 is even better... 2 ranks in W, Q and E for escapes.
So should I do...WQEW up to 4?

Boken

Banned
It's real and it'll be the only way to play the game. 3D is the future man.

So should I do...WQEQ up to 4?

WQWE if you can be aggressive at level 3, WQEW if you're scared of ganks and need the escape at level 3. Maxing Q is the weakest on Fizz. Max W if you can get in their face, max E if you want to burst them post 6.

IMO, if fizz cant get in his opponent's face in mid, he should probably just go top.

Ken

It's real and it'll be the only way to play the game. 3D is the future man.

WQWE if you can be aggressive at level 3, WQEW if you're scared of ganks and need the escape at level 3. Maxing Q is the weakest on Fizz. Max W if you can get in their face, max E if you want to burst them post 6.

IMO, if fizz cant get in his opponent's face in mid, he should probably just go top.
Thanks.

dc89

I saw a Fizz using that skin today and didn't realize it was new. It looked cute, but unfortunately he apparently sucked. Fizz doing well mid lane seems pretty rare.

I can play Fizz well in mid. But he sucks big time until Level 6 when in mid when against certain champions that can just poke from range. I just farm around my tower, get my levels and last hits than as soon as I get the ultimate ability that's it. You ca turn offensive.

y2dvd

300+ damage with ~150+ resistances and 3.5k+ health? DR MUNDO!

I've seen Jungle Mundo being picked quite frequently lately and he is scary. His speed with his slow lockdown = dead. It takes an entire team to take him down.

If you are first pick and certain characters doesn't get banned, who would be your first pick? I always grab Warwick if available. I haven't had a bad matchup with him top lane yet and have an 85% win rate with him. I imagine Riven to be a bad-match up for him though. Riven is just my bad match-up period lol.

I've seen Jungle Mundo being picked quite frequently lately and he is scary. His speed with his slow lockdown = dead. It takes an entire team to take him down.

If you are first pick and certain characters doesn't get banned, who would be your first pick? I always grab Warwick if available. I haven't had a bad matchup with him top lane yet and have an 85% win rate with him. I imagine Riven to be a bad-match up for him though. Riven is just my bad match-up period lol.

Yeah I've been seeing quite a few Warwicks recently and they've all been tearing shit up, but if I just want a strong 1st pick at the moment I feel like I'd have to go with Udyr who's a really strong bruiser for both jungling and top lane. Not that WW is bad jungling either mind you but not quite top tier like Udyr.

Blizzard

Banned
I know people may say "low ELO no one counters lol" but I still figure picking jungler/AD carry/support is safest since those are presumably least likely to be countered (yeah yeah counter jungle etc.). That said, I might have first picked Riven a few times and I don't recall someone ever slapping me with a Cho or Gangplank in response, so maybe I got lucky.

Regarding Fizz doing burst damage mid, I seem to recall that Q does almost no damage until level 2, so I liked to at least get that much, but I don't remember for sure. I also seem to recall that my big problem with combos at level 6 or below is that it eats mana like crazy, using E in particular taking as much or more mana than some champions' ults? At low levels it might be ok, but I tried not to use E much for that reason unless I had blue.

Boken

Banned
Pre-6 fizz isn't about burst damage. You use your two movement abilities to dodge spells and constantly auto attack them with W up. Provided you dodged a spell, most AP mids can't handle that kind of straight up fight. This is why I think Fizz mid is high skill - you need to dodge their spells to play effectively and be willing to just get in their grill and fight them and also, know when you have to disengage from that fight with E....

Post 6, if youre ahead you can chunk them from 80-0 with your ult+ignite sure. But if you didn't get to farm at all from 1-6 it'd be less likely.

y2dvd

Yeah I've been seeing quite a few Warwicks recently and they've all been tearing shit up, but if I just want a strong 1st pick at the moment I feel like I'd have to go with Udyr who's a really strong bruiser for both jungling and top lane. Not that WW is bad jungling either mind you but not quite top tier like Udyr.

Agreed on the jungling. WW needs Exhaust in order to gank effectively pre-lvl 6 while Udyr is a scary jungler at all lvls. Lanewise, Udyr still probably has the edge but WW is just fun to play. I should give Udyr more of a chance though.

Any reason not to use MR quints on AP mids? 4.5 MR per quint totally counters MPen reds plus even 1.9 MPen quints and by the time you get a level 2 spell it will start reducing more than the extra damage an enemy gets from flat AP quints and way more as the game goes on. Seems like an easy way to be stronger in lane against other casters.

Blizzard

Banned
Pre-6 fizz isn't about burst damage. You use your two movement abilities to dodge spells and constantly auto attack them with W up. Provided you dodged a spell, most AP mids can't handle that kind of straight up fight. This is why I think Fizz mid is high skill - you need to dodge their spells to play effectively and be willing to just get in their grill and fight them and also, know when you have to disengage from that fight with E....

Post 6, if youre ahead you can chunk them from 80-0 with your ult+ignite sure. But if you didn't get to farm at all from 1-6 it'd be less likely.
This doesn't address the mana cost from using Q and E while constantly using W, let alone the farm you would potentially miss out on by doing so. I dunno. If you're an awesome Fizz I'd like to see it, but it doesn't typically work out if the ranged person mid knows what they're doing.

Side note about killing Mundo, I saw a Morde yesterday that I think built 100% tank with stuff like warmogs, force of nature, thornmail, and so forth. I don't -think- he had guardian's angel, but even without it he destroyed our entire team. Graves would presumably autoattack him and half kill himself with the thornmail, and mordekaiser would ult him killing him the rest of the way, and virtually no one on the team could damage him enough to get through the shield, huge HP, armor, and magic resist. I think we killed him once late game because he had like 30% health and we had three people, and it might have still taken 5+ seconds. Morde is clearly #1.

Boken

Banned
This doesn't address the mana cost from using Q and E while constantly using W, let alone the farm you would potentially miss out on by doing so. I dunno. If you're an awesome Fizz I'd like to see it, but it doesn't typically work out if the ranged person mid knows what they're doing.

Side note about killing Mundo, I saw a Morde yesterday that I think built 100% tank with stuff like warmogs, force of nature, thornmail, and so forth. I don't -think- he had guardian's angel, but even without it he destroyed our entire team. Graves would presumably autoattack him and half kill himself with the thornmail, and mordekaiser would ult him killing him the rest of the way, and virtually no one on the team could damage him enough to get through the shield, huge HP, armor, and magic resist. I think we killed him once late game because he had like 30% health and we had three people, and it might have still taken 5+ seconds. Morde is clearly #1.
Fizz doesn't work like normal casters in mid. You don't blow your spells and run away, then repeat. At level 4, if you dodge their spells with Q and E, you can straight up kill them before their CDs come back up. It's not about constantly harassing on CD - it's about nearly killing them every time... and because it's not constant harass, you shouldn't run into mana issues. Thats why Fizz in mid is hard, you need to pick the fights pretty darn well. Where as top, you can harass people with just the passive of W...

Tank morde should be ignored. Make sure your carry doesn't get ghosted, kill the rest of his team then kill him. He really does no damage as tank morde with no ghost.

Ferga

Erghhhh pantheon mid against ahri then a shyvana dieing to red buff in 2 separate games.

Why must I be paired with people like this in ranked?!

Blizzard

Banned
Erghhhh pantheon mid against ahri then a shyvana dieing to red buff in 2 separate games.

Why must I be paired with people like this in ranked?!
Aren't you like, 1700 ELO? ELO hell, man. You gotta get up to my level of like, 700, to get the real pros.

Blizzard

Banned
LoL... I had an AD Soraka mid last night in one of my games... SMH...
Master yi mid is one of my personal favorites. "Well, he IS highest ELO in this lobby, we'll have a positive attitude and let him go mid. He'll build AP yi after all and might do OK."

*master yi builds AD mid, feeds, game explodes*

y2dvd

Any reason not to use MR quints on AP mids? 4.5 MR per quint totally counters MPen reds plus even 1.9 MPen quints and by the time you get a level 2 spell it will start reducing more than the extra damage an enemy gets from flat AP quints and way more as the game goes on. Seems like an easy way to be stronger in lane against other casters.

Are you playing mid as another caster or a bruiser like Path? If you're a caster, you're looking to do as much dmg as possible without taking any dmg. Late game, you will probably worry more about having AD rushing after you than AP so I rather get HP quints over MR.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Master yi mid is one of my personal favorites. "Well, he IS highest ELO in this lobby, we'll have a positive attitude and let him go mid. He'll build AP yi after all and might do OK."

*master yi builds AD mid, feeds, game explodes*

Dude in my game was sooo confident. He was like yo I'm going AD Soraka mid. It's like the perfect counter to AP mid and they'll never see it coming. I got this! LOL

Pancakes

Dude in my game was sooo confident. He was like yo I'm going AD Soraka mid. It's like the perfect counter to AP mid and they'll never see it coming. I got this! LOL

o_O

I go AP Sona to troll sometimes but AD Soraka...wat.

Vanillalite

o_O

I go AP Sona to troll sometimes but AD Soraka...wat.

I know it wasn't even a troll build. My buddy who I duo qued even asked if it was AP and the person said no AD mid Soraka I got this. I know what I'm doing and don't want to be seen as a re re.

I shit you not.

I've never played this game and am about to start as soon as it's done updating itself...tips, suggestions....also is the in game tutorial any good or should I look elsewhere?

Vanillalite

I've never played this game and am about to start as soon as it's done updating itself...tips, suggestions....also is the in game tutorial any good or should I look elsewhere?

It forces you to play the in game tutorial to start with.

After that just play a custom game with you verses bots if you've never played a moba game before. Then once you get the general clicks down you can play co-op vs. ai on beginner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom