• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still partial to Rammy even post nerfs, but that's just me. He can initiate well with his rolly ball, can tank well with his shield up, can taunt to help take the aggro, and he can wreak some havoc when his ult is up since it's an AOE.

His downside is he sucks early game if you aren't in the jungle. He can't do that much damage until he gets his ult and he gets a ton of items to synergize with his passive. He's also much less OP against double AP comps because you have to build for MR/HP verses stacking Armor that helps his passive.

In terms of tanks I'd say...

Rammus > Amumu > Shen > Lenona

That being said Shen has the ability to do the most regular damage and run top lane. Something Rammy and Mumu can't really do.

Don't sleep on Galio. He can lane anywhere and his ult is devastating.

KKRT00

Shen; different because he is inherently tanky but can also deal a ton of damage to unaware teams, and has the power to turn a losing battle into a winning one. He also has a built in escape and taunt, which are useful for tower dives. However, Shen lacks direct CC (if he misses his dash). He also falls hard to AP early on whereas Leona can take both AD and AP at a mediocre level.

In solo lane? How? Most APs has 6+ second cooldowns and his Q is 3s, so he can harass them really hard and has hp sustain even without potions. Also if has charged passive, he can taunt AP and with Q deal really high burst damage.

Which champions are those 5? I'm usually playing with a friend who picks AD carry a lot so I'd like to know which supports I should be playing.
imho Janna > Alistar > Soraka = Sona > Leona -> Taric

Which champions are those 5? I'm usually playing with a friend who picks AD carry a lot so I'd like to know which supports I should be playing.

Janna, Alistar, Nunu, Leona.

Plenty of versatility, plenty of team fight presence.

So she's what? Number 4 of the only 5 viable supports in the game?

Comes down to the lane comp. She's in a good place right now because she does the things she does so well.

And there are way more than just 5 viable supports.

Janna, Alistar, Nunu, Leona.

Plenty of versatility, plenty of team fight presence.

Comes down to the lane comp. She's in a good place right now because she does the things she does so well.

And there are way more than just 5 viable supports.

Sona, Janna, Alistar, Leona, Taric, Lulu, Soraka, Lux is a stretch. 8. Wouldn't call that way more.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
OMG I've never been one to complain, but...

e0ifl1xvqa1.png

Usually when Riot posts a warning it's not a big deal, but OMG that last game was CRAZY.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Well if someone is good with him I can understand, but that goes for any champ. He's not good enough of a support that most people can do well with.

Probably why you see so many Sona/Soraka supports, since you can literally faceroll your way to victory.

Well if someone is good with him I can understand, but that goes for any champ. He's not good enough of a support that most people can do well with.

No kidding. But it's like saying yea I am a good jungle Rumble or something. If you're good then yea more power to you, it doesn't remove the fact that it's not ideal.

Mangotron

Blitzcrank can also be used support, you need to practice with him a little bit but he's similar to Alistar. I really only play support, and as far as sheer utility you really can't beat Janna. The ult alone is such a game changer. Learn her first if you haven't already, and then learn the situational ones.

Ferga

In solo lane? How? Most APs has 6+ second cooldowns and his Q is 3s, so he can harass them really hard and has hp sustain even without potions. Also if has charged passive, he can taunt AP and with Q deal really high burst damage.

Taric last? I don't think we can be friends. I reckon taric equals alistar in lane.

Blitzcrank can also be used support, you need to practice with him a little bit but he's similar to Alistar. I really only play support, and as far as sheer utility you really can't beat Janna. The ult alone is such a game changer. Learn her first if you haven't already, and then learn the situational ones.

Blitzcrank's ult makes him impossible to lane with an AD carry post-6. He'd be an awesome roamer if you have a tankier AD carry bot like Graves or Urgot.

Taric last? I don't think we can be friends. I reckon taric equals alistar in lane.

The problem with Taric is that his skills don't scale particularly well after laning phase. He's adequate at everything, but depending on the team comp, there's always a better option. Want lots of CC to pick off squishy opponents or peel off your AD carry? Janna, Alistar, Leona. Lots of poke on your team, so you want to exploit that? Nunu. Want to have really good sustain in a team fight? Soraka/Sona.

Hauk

Neo Member
A centaur with a lance huh.

Want.

Actually, I want more champs that are neither human nor yordle. More monster champs plox.

Agree, my man. Here's hoping he isn't just a basic melee bruiser, LoL has enough of them already. Something like a ranged really mobile centaur-ranger/archer with a bit of extra stamina would be more interesting. But knowing Riot, I bet he'll be like Sejuani with a new skin and max. one "signature" ability.

Holy shit that was the worst fucking game. Everyone, at every instant just wanted to split up and push the lanes and farm the jungle and everyone on the enemy team just wanted to do the same thing. Push lane up, push lane back, push lane up, push lane back. No matter what. Team gets a kill? Everyone split up and push lanes and farm the jungle until they respawn. Team gets baron? EVERYONE SPLIT UP AND PUSH LANES AND FARM THE JUNGLE UNTIL IT WEARS OFF.

After 50 minutes there was only one inner turret down. Not even base turrets. I had to quit before the tedium killed me, and I consider it a service to everyone because they could be trapped in farming limbo for ever otherwise.

Blizzard

Banned
Um. Er.

If 50 minutes is enough to make you quit, you might want to find a non-league-of-legends game that has shorter rounds. Games can run upwards of 65 minutes. :/

Ferga

Blitzcrank's ult makes him impossible to lane with an AD carry post-6. He'd be an awesome roamer if you have a tankier AD carry bot like Graves or Urgot.

The problem with Taric is that his skills don't scale particularly well after laning phase. He's adequate at everything, but depending on the team comp, there's always a better option. Want lots of CC to pick off squishy opponents or peel off your AD carry? Janna, Alistar, Leona. Lots of poke on your team, so you want to exploit that? Nunu. Want to have really good sustain in a team fight? Soraka/Sona.

Taric's R and Aura is enough for me late game. I play taric as a kamikaze tank anyway. I play him with tank runes usually have 3k health end game with 150+ armour and mr.

Hopefully centaur man has a true "charge" ability.

I can see the skills now:
Q: A shield bash or a trample move that does some form of CC. Probably knockup.
W: Some kind of damage reduction shield.
E: A warcry that buffs you and nearby allies.
R: Charge ability that skewers and pushes one or more targets. Stuns them and deals bonus damage if you hit a wall like Vayne's Condemn.
Passive: Dunno... maybe take less damage from sources in front of you.

Then everyone wouldn't care about his ratios because he'll be another metagolem. Or maybe support.

Boken

Banned
A blinkstrike/dashstrike is not a proper charge ability. Central to "charging" is that damage increases by distance traveled. A charge from right next to your target shouldn't do as much as one from maximum range. GIVE ME CHARGE MECHANICS, RIOT

Hauk

Neo Member
I can see the skills now:
Q: A shield bash or a trample move that does some form of CC. Probably knockup.
W: Some kind of damage reduction shield.
E: A warcry that buffs you and nearby allies.
R: Charge ability that skewers and pushes one or more targets. Stuns them and deals bonus damage if you hit a wall like Vayne's Condemn.
Passive: Dunno... maybe take less damage from sources in front of you.

Then everyone wouldn't care about his ratios because he'll be another metagolem. Or maybe support.

That would almost be the most boring skillset I could imagine him having. No originality or interesting mechanics whatsoever. That is also the reason I fear the worst, knowing Riot and some of the decisions they've made on champion skills.

Boken

Banned
yla rex said:
Won another 4v5 ranked game................ So why can't I win 5v5s?
Because you're horns

My charging evil scythe horseback lifesteal tanky champ that wants to get into the fray /backseat game designer

also a good candidate for zekes!

Q: Hecarim charges forward, gaining speed the longer he travels. He deals (X+Y per bonus AD) physical damage to the first champion he collides with and tramples minions for half that damage. This damage is increased by a % determined by Hecarim's current speed when the deals damage. Hecarim quickly returns to his base speed afterwards.

W: Hecarim prepares for battle, his readiness blocks (X+Y per % lifesteal) damage. While this shield is active, his other abilities are augmented when they are used. Q - no longer collides with champions but travels through them, dealing damage. E - attacks in a full circle, pushing all enemies away a short distance. Using either his Q or E will consume the shield.

E: Hecarim swings his scythe in an arc infront of him dealing (X+Y per bonus AD) physical damage and rending them for 6s, causing them to take an additional Z physical damage from his auto attacks. This bonus damage benefits from lifesteal. This ability may be cast while Hecarim is charging.

R: Hecarim unleashes the shadow energy of his scythe, unlocking it's power. His auto attacks now cleave a wide arc infront of him, dealing X magic damage and proccing damage from his E. These extra attacks benefit from lifesteal. In this form, his scythe's thirst for blood grows stronger and increases Hecarim's lifesteal by Y% for each additional champion hit.

Passive: Hecarim's scythe becomes attuned to drinking the life of his target, he gains a buff lasting 5s that increases the effectiveness of lifesteal on the target by 10%. This effect stacks up to 5 times.

Role wise he is a lifesteal tank like WW however with less deadly cc, but his team fight damage should be a lot higher with his AOE damage. Since he depends on hitting as many targets as possible for survivability theres less of the "rush straight at the AD carry" going on and might give the enemy team interesting positional requirements.

Feature

Banned
Because you're horns

My charging evil scythe horseback lifesteal tanky champ that wants to get into the fray /backseat game designer

also a good candidate for zekes!

Role wise he is a lifesteal tank like WW however with less deadly cc, but his team fight damage should be a lot higher with his AOE damage. Since he depends on hitting as many targets as possible for survivability theres less of the "rush straight at the AD carry" going on and might give the enemy team interesting positional requirements.

hope you mean the timing on that passive stacks and not the %lifesteal :p

Boken

Banned
No I mean the lifesteal =p

His passive doesn't give him lifesteal, it increases his current lifesteal by a % amount.

In other news, FeralPony (who? I dunno.) is the designer responsible for Hecarim.

EDIT: FeralPony Wiki. Designer of Fizz, Graves and Rumble. Rumble is cool and all, but Graves can eat a big one. Fizz I'm still not sure about.

Swig_

How is Lulu? I've got about 8000 IP burning a hole in my pocket and nothing to spend it on. Shes seems interesting, but I haven't seen her much since her release. I was hoping she would be free this week, but for some reason, she isn't.

y2dvd

Attack speed is probably the weakest stat you can get on Trist early on. You need to buy damage before you invest on attack speed (a good rule of thumb for most carries).

About the best advice you can give to an AD carry starting out.

How do you last hit with LeBlanc? Holy shit.

I tend to get 2 points in the extra dmg to minions on my ap characters to make last hitting easier. You won't always have the mana early game to spam and clear creep waves.

Taric am cry. :'(

Blizzard

Banned
Reading comprehension much?
You said "I had to quit before the tedium killed me, and I consider it a service to everyone because they could be trapped in farming limbo for ever otherwise."

I understand that you quit because you were frustrated/bored, but come on, if you it gets that bad after 50 minutes, imagine how a 65 minute game would be.

Quitting or going afk because of being annoyed is NEVER acceptable in my opinion. It's different if your house is on fire or something, but isn't this at least the second time in this thread you have posted about doing something like this?

Macattk15

Did they buff Mundo or something? I took a hiatus from DotA from Sejuani to present basically ... so it would have been in that time.

Maybe someone can explain why I see him so much now .... I can finally use my Corporate Mundo skin maybe!

Did they buff Mundo or something? I took a hiatus from DotA from Sejuani to present basically ... so it would have been in that time.

Maybe someone can explain why I see him so much now .... I can finally use my Corporate Mundo skin maybe!

In Sejuani's patch:

• Base attack speed increased to 0.625 from 0.595.
  • Attack speed per level increased to 2.8 from 2.5.
  • Magic resist per level increased to 1.25 from 0.75.
  • Burning Agony health cost reduced to 10/15/20/25/30 from 20/25/30/35/40.
  • Sadism cooldown reduced to 65 from 75.

He also got played in a tournament, which helped increase his popularity.

Finally. ;_;

UMBgj.png

Last defeat... man, me and Kayle were stomping the lane really hard but Karma hyperfed Ahri who snowballed out of control.

Blizzard

Banned
Electrastar too star (am I doing it right)?

*edit* I was so confused by some of those items and then I realized it was dominion. Electrastar, please teach me how to kill people with rammus on dominion! :(

Ferrio

Banned
I'm bound to cass until I feel confident about my ap mid. Always been my weakest lane. Redid my runes and my masteries. Last night was mixed results though.

Electrastar too star (am I doing it right)?

*edit* I was so confused by some of those items and then I realized it was dominion. Electrastar, please teach me how to kill people with rammus on dominion! :(

Thornmail + Sunfire + Defensive Curl = STOP HITTING YOURSELF STOP HITTING YOURSELF STOP HITTING YOURSELF

XeroSauce

Holy shit that was the worst fucking game. Everyone, at every instant just wanted to split up and push the lanes and farm the jungle and everyone on the enemy team just wanted to do the same thing. Push lane up, push lane back, push lane up, push lane back. No matter what. Team gets a kill? Everyone split up and push lanes and farm the jungle until they respawn. Team gets baron? EVERYONE SPLIT UP AND PUSH LANES AND FARM THE JUNGLE UNTIL IT WEARS OFF.

After 50 minutes there was only one inner turret down. Not even base turrets. I had to quit before the tedium killed me, and I consider it a service to everyone because they could be trapped in farming limbo for ever otherwise.

Yea dude, games can go from 45 minutes to fucking an hour and a half if it's slow enough. But that's the kind of dedication you have to make when starting a game, otherwise you are being an arse to your teammates and potentially wasting the entire game's time for them as well as you.

If your team is insistent on farming, push mid when you can and try your best to get your teammates to follow with pings and text etc. Some people just don't know when to group up.

Blizzard

Banned
Thornmail + Sunfire + Defensive Curl = STOP HITTING YOURSELF STOP HITTING YOURSELF STOP HITTING YOURSELF
I really need to figure out how this works, since there was a whole bunch of fuss about how thornmail is a noob trap and a horrible item, and a horrible item on rammus, and rammus shield reduces the damage that thornmail returns to the enemy. I've also heard that sunfire cape does so little damage it might not be worth it etc.

And then someone is like, no, rammus shield actually DOESN'T reduce the damage that thornmail returns to the enemy. So I'm really confused about that, and whether additional armor (sunfire) reduces the amount done to the enemy, and whether having warmogs + thornmail would return more damage than sunfire + thornmail, since they would be doing more damage but you'd be able to survive it with more HP...

People have really strong opinions, especially where thornmail and rammus are involved. =(

bluemax

Banned
Thornmail is inherently a noob trap on all tank/initiator heroes. Its supposed to be an item for carries not for tanks/initiators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom