• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2dvd

For overpowered carrying non-banned junglers, lee sin or udyr, which should I choose?

We all know Lee Sin is more fun to play and create highlight reels. The other day I was watching my brother try to steal enemy blue. Enemy Udyr pops up and stuns him. Enemy Brand comes around the corner and tries to W him. My bro quickly Qs Brand from a distance, and Qs again to dashkick and escape Brand's W.Lee then Es, does a few autoattacks, and ults to kill Brand off, but not before eating some dmg and bringing him to near pixel life. Udyr is now chasing him and is about to get him when team Mord shows up through the bush. Lee Ws to Mord and continues running, but is cut off by another enemy champ. My bro quickly turns around and Qs Udyr whos running along side the bush, Qs him again, runs slightly pass him to use fog of war, Es him twice to slow, and escapes while getting Mord the double kill. 3-0 exchange. I didn't want to admit it but I was hella impressed but I still didn't give him any props lol.

It also gives the enemy an opportunity to freeze the lane closer to their second tower, forcing you to either expose yourself to ganks or lose farm.

It's specifically the reason why I never hit the tower whenever I manage to push to the opponents tower early in the game. I just let the enemy tower kill my creeps and deny the enemy from farm that way.

That's an interesting strat. One argument that could be made though is pushing a tower early allows you to roam around, gank, push other lanes, steal enemy jungle, have a higher chance to be around dragon. I say taking a tower down has more pros than cons. And say you're using the strat in that video. I'm guessing you got to be pretty tanky to keep the minion waves around that tower range because you will be eating a lot of dmg. What if enemy is doing dragon or baron? You could tp if there's a ward there but you'll be at low life. If you run to it, you'd probably be too far to make it on time. Say mid and top decides to push that 2nd tower. Well, you just created a huge minion wave to help them push more easily.

Inskipp

That's an interesting strat. One argument that could be made though is pushing a tower early allows you to roam around, gank, push other lanes, steal enemy jungle, have a higher chance to be around dragon.

If you'd have read the post I quoted, you'd notice that Boken covered this argument.

When I formed my response, I was concerning the sidelanes (top and bottom). While applicable to mid, the general idea is that it is okay to push the mid tower down early, due to the reasons Boken stated in his comment.

Dumb mistake of the day:
Get fed as Vayne. Accidentally sell your IE instead of Doran Blade to build a Maw. Only notice it afterward. Proceed to lose the game.

"How come I got a lot of money all of a sudd ... :("

:(

Blizzard

Banned
Tryndamere has been nerfed and still has some of the highest damage output anywhere, plus multiple seconds of invincibility, plus crit boost hax. Morgana and Kassadin are quite good mid lane.

In general though, champions aren't OP enough. :( Just ask me on my quest to find an OP jungler or whatever to try to carry 200 ELO ranked teams with.

Tryndamere has been nerfed and still has some of the highest damage output anywhere, plus multiple seconds of invincibility, plus crit boost hax. Morgana and Kassadin are quite good mid lane.

In general though, champions aren't OP enough. :( Just ask me on my quest to find an OP jungler or whatever to try to carry 200 ELO ranked teams with.

Shyvana

Ken

Blarg, I think I did okay, but it really is too hard to coordinate stuff with randoms. Aced the enemy team multiple times and instead of helping me with the inhibitor while the other team was out for another 20 seconds, they recall. Ahhhhhh.

Ken

How is Ezreal? Reading some guides, it sounds like he's a weak champion compared to others of his role unless played well.

Sorry I'm asking so many one line questions; still trying to find a champ I really like.

Wrekt

How is Ezreal? Reading some guides, it sounds like he's a weak champion compared to others of his role unless played well.

Sorry I'm asking so many one line questions; still trying to find a champ I really like.

Ezreal is really tough to play effectively. All of his attacks are skillshots which makes it really hard to poke when there are a lot of enemy minions around. People say his damage sucks, but those people don't build him like they build any other AD carry. His damage can be competitive if you don't fall in the Trinity Force trap.

I wouldn't buy any champs until you play them in a free week and know you like them. 1/4 of my roster is filled with meh champs that I never play just because I saw a game where they looked really strong. Ezreal is frequently in the free champ rotation and it's been a few weeks since he was up there, so you may not have long to wait.

His damage can be competitive if you don't fall in the Trinity Force trap.
Sheen is his core though, but I'll get other standard AD items after it.

Not a regular Ez player here but I usually go Sheen->BT->Zeal as my first items because I'll be poking a lot.

y2dvd

Pretty much. You lose a lot of efficiency with Q and even E if team fights breaks out around minions. The CD on E got nerf to hell. I wish it resetted like Trist's jump or even reduce the CD if there was a kill or assist. He doesn't have any CC and his ult has a bit of start up time but damn if he isn't one of the most fun and satisfying champs to play as.

phinious

I play skarner in ranked alot. I only stay around 1400 elo, but if you lose its usually because ALL lanes are failing. Skarner is rediculously OP imo. Great 1v1 and team fight champ.

The mistake I see alot of skarners go is that they buy more damage items, and chase enemies down. But I find him WAY more effective for the team if he gaurds the squishies with his aoe slow and sinlge target ult.

phinious

Udyr. Still the best jungler in the game imo.

The JUNGLE itself is so easy for me as udyr, but I cant manage to catch anyone ever. I get kited so hard. I know im doing something wrong, but dunno what it is.

I am pretty good with every other jungler though.

The JUNGLE itself is so easy for me as udyr, but I cant manage to catch anyone ever. I get kited so hard. I know im doing something wrong, but dunno what it is.

I am pretty good with every other jungler though.

Movespeed quints and masteries. I go 0/21/9.

Now, it seems one of three things happen why I play ranked.

1.) We have 1-3 horrible players/trolls on our team and I want to surrender at 20 minutes.

2.) I have to play support and we lose one or two lanes and it snowballs from there.

3.) Somehow, I end up with competent team members in every role, like this game:

lolurgottengains.png

Just started playing, and have been enjoying it a lot. (More than Dota 2 actually...)

I'm playing Leona a lot, and really like her, but I want to buy a couple of the super cheap champions with the points I've earned, and Leona is like 6k.

Who are the best of the cheap characters?

I'm looking for someone who is good at sharing a lane. I can never find a solo-mid available and jungling doesn't appeal to me.

So... as far as support goes:

Kayle, Soraka, Morgana...

I dunno, maybe there are other suggestions? I'd rather stay away from Carry at the moment. Melee vs. Ranged/Mage doesn't really hold much sway either. It's all fine.

Ferrio

Banned
Just started playing, and have been enjoying it a lot. (More than Dota 2 actually...)

I'm playing Leona a lot, and really like her, but I want to buy a couple of the super cheap champions with the points I've earned, and Leona is like 6k.

I'm looking for someone who is good at sharing a lane. I can never find a solo-mid available and jungling doesn't appeal to me.

I dunno, maybe there are other suggestions? I'd rather stay away from Carry at the moment. Melee vs. Ranged/Mage doesn't really hold much sway either. It's all fine.

Morgana is usually played mid solo, her duo laning isn't that great. Soraka is a great duo lane support, but boring especially late game (IMO).

Other common supports for bot

-Sona (healer, harassment, aoe stun)
-Taric (healer, buffer, single stunner)
-Alistar (healer, stun+pushback, initiator)
-Janna (harassment, shielder, aoe heal+pushback)
-Blitzcrank (harassment and initiate through grab).

Alister is 100% free if you subscribe to Riot's youtube channel. You can get Tristana for free as well by liking their facebook page.

Neat, thanks! I'll try out Alistar. Don't have facebook though. But this is a good start.

Also, thanks for the other suggestions...

I'm torn on Taric, I really like Leona, so I feel like if I get a tanky/support, I should just get her, because I probably wouldn't need both. Bad rationale?

Ferrio

Banned
Neat, thanks! I'll try out Alistar. Don't have facebook though. But this is a good start.

Also, thanks for the other suggestions...

I'm torn on Taric, I really like Leona, so I feel like if I get a tanky/support, I should just get her, because I probably wouldn't need both. Bad rationale?

Taric isn't a tank. (least I don't consider him one)

Udyr, Mundo.

Igladius

Neo Member
AD carry - Sivir or Tristana (free via facebook)

AP carry - Ryze

Jungle - Amumu or Warwick

Support - Soraka or Alistar (free via youtube)

Top - Jax, Garen, Singed, Poppy, Tryndamere

I agree w/ all of it except Trynd... other than his Ulti being endless rage, he isn't that great. But when people have that Ulti up it takes either movement speed or atk speed to take him down (unless you have 2 people lol)

Taric isn't a tank. (least I don't consider him one)

I thought Taric is support mostly, but I have a good buddy who plays him health/armor build and hes an amazing support/tank.

On another note, if anyone is interested, I have a younger brother that plays and has probably the most ridiculous live stream ever. (If you want a good laugh) :

http://www.own3d.tv/live/277456/Chaoscrystals

He is online right now, lol

Jana, Soraka, Nunu, Soraka, Alistair are cheap and great supports.

For AP carries Morgana is beastly and cheap. Annie is good. Ryze is excellent too but he really needs his own unique runes which is expensive so not really recommended.

For AD carries Trist is best cheap/free option but Ashe and Sivir are both pretty good.

Getting WW and Udyr will give you two strong options for jungling and top lane and Dr Mundo is another cheap strong jungler.

DTKT

Friend of mine played Blitz and me Graves. He kept grabbing a Nautilus every single time.

He died every time he rocked grab Naut. It was kind of hilarious and sad at the same time. :|

Avinexus

Movespeed quints and masteries. I go 0/21/9.

Yep. That is what I go as well.

If you start boots+3pots you are around 405 movespeed at the start of the game and can still make it through jungle just fine and can easily run down people at all stages of the game. The movespeed makes a huge difference for Udyr, you won't ever get kited again. Pretty sure you can even run down Ashe through her Q.

Ken

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/hecarim-shadow-war-revealed

Warpath (Passive) – Hecarim ignores unit collision and gains attack damage equal to a percentage of his bonus movement speed.
Rampage – Hecarim cleaves nearby enemies dealing physical damage.
Spirit of Dread - Hecarim deals magic damage to nearby enemies for a short duration. Hecarim gains health equal to a percentage of any damage those enemies suffer.
Devastating Charge - Hecarim gains increasing movement speed for a short duration. His next attack knocks the target back and deals additional physical damage based on the distance he has traveled since activating the ability.
Onslaught of Shadows (Ultimate) - Hecarim summons spectral riders and charges forward, dealing magic damage in a line. Hecarim creates a shockwave when he finishes his charge dealing additional magic damage to nearby enemies causing them to flee in terror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom