• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Whoa, this is on the gaming side. I didn't know many gaffers played LoL. Sweet. I guess I'll join you guys up for a game some time tonight if you dont' mind.

Ceebs

Really, there is no need to be terrified. I'm pretty much a newbie myself and so far, the game is very enjoyable.

There is a lot to learn, but everyone is in the same boat. Games at low summoners level are full of people just as clueless as you are, which makes the games fun. You just need to practice a few champs, learn how to approximately build them and you can go from there.

In my experience, the community is quite good. I started playing PvP at level 7 (level 19 right now) and I encountered very few smurfs, almost no rage and one troll (on the other team).

SouthernDragon, nice OP!

Maybe I will give it a try later this week.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I don't recall ever seeing you on either (either chat channel or Mumble) -- what's your ingame name? Is there a different chat channel?

If you'd like to play with me, I have an online application you'll have to fill out. You'll get your response anytime from tomorrow to 9 months from now.

My ranked Ranked 5s team just beat two 1800 players and one of them was Crs Liquid, who is on Curse Gaming, which is the #2 ranked team in NA. We were very proud, and it was mostly due to Rammus (me). It was honestly the best game I've ever played though.

djpcy.jpg

Love close games that go in our favor.

kunu

Didn't know so many GAFfers play LoL. I've been looking for an opportunity to jump back in, so I guess this is it. I'm going to suck for a while so I'll wait a bit before jumping in with you guys. Looking forward to it!

I feel like adding a NeoGAF - LoL handle section, but if people join the chat channel, that won't be necessary. Then again, it's handy knowing who's who.

And that's for the compliments, fellas. Mudkira did a lot of work, too!

Merovin

I love LoL, bit of a noob tho, need more EU West friends, add Gowans007.

I'll be playing more over the next couple of months.

I can only play as Tris tho.

I'll give you an add when I get in this evening, don't expect any spectacular games or anything though!

Annie 4 Life! So are those the new portraits for the champions or something? Played a few games with some friends. The community can really ruin it though. Did something happen to the community thread? Nvm, it reached its limit.

bjaelke

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1623669
Earlier this evening we made the decision to temporarily suspend CLG’s Saintvicious following a game where several Riot employees watched him intentionally troll another player on his team as that player was attempting to jungle. Saintvicious followed the player around for over 20 minutes stealing experience and gold from the player as he publically stated his that his intentions were malicious.

He was not banned for attempting new strategies, but for being a toxic force in an otherwise positive game – and in front of thousands of other players.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Edit: HotshotGG responded (trolled) to the incident
Didn't know so many GAFfers play LoL. I've been looking for an opportunity to jump back in, so I guess this is it. I'm going to suck for a while so I'll wait a bit before jumping in with you guys. Looking forward to it!

With 32m users worldwide, there are bound to be a few gaffers playing it.

I feel like adding a NeoGAF - LoL handle section, but if people join the chat channel, that won't be necessary. Then again, it's handy knowing who's who.

And that's for the compliments, fellas. Mudkira did a lot of work, too!
EU could use this section. At least to see how many active players there are.

Flare

Annie 4 Life! So are those the new portraits for the champions or something? Played a few games with some friends. The community can really ruin it though. Did something happen to the community thread?

Tencent art pack, and the last thread was closed because of post limit.

Uchip

Banned
haha wow
vsed a premade dominion team that ran all revives
we still smashed them because their extra lives gave us money

then the game after... I had to pick up the slackers
iTubhfR3rnIz6.jpg

something tells me shes gonna get nerfed

Nicho

just started playing this a couple of months ago (just after the graves patch). its been my first real stab at a DOTA game and I'm loving it so far.

Tried a bunch of champs to start with (Cait, Morg, Kayle) but have been playing Rumble almost exclusively for the last month. Haven't looked back. At my level no-one else ever picks him and no-one knows anything about him. Nothing more satisfying then ulting from the bushes, running out with the flamethrower and watching 3 champs melt in front of you with no idea what is happening to them!

bjaelke

something tells me shes gonna get nerfed

Riot said something about not adjusting champions based on performance in Dominion although that's an impressive score! People are complaining about her slow movement speed right now.

Maybe we can get a comment from Nome if he's still around.

Ferga

Riot said something about not adjusting champions based on performance in Dominion although that's an impressive score! People are complaining about her slow movement speed right now.

Maybe we can get a comment from Nome if he's still around.

Too late now for akali and jax

Ferrio

Banned
So when's this behemoth getting moved over to community?

In a few days I'd wager. Just getting new blood into the community is always nice. Already seeing quite a few new faces in channel.

Also glad I got Skarner. He's so ez mode, and absolutely beasts.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I said this in the old thread, but I'll say it again.

Best Holiday Present Riot could give us all is half off both in terms of RP and IP for rune pages! I'd be allllll over that in a heart beat!!!

Touch

I really need to pick up this game again. Played from beta to about a couple months ago when all my friends quit. I would be totally lost with all the new stuff added.

Blizzard

Banned
Bah, I just found out randomly from youtube that most of the champion dance are based on real dancing video.

Yeah, I think I mentioned the anime (if that's what it was?) that Ahri's dance was from in the last thread. And Malzahar has the M. C. Hammer dance for instance.

Boken

Banned

Ragnamith

The winter map makes me pay more attention
because by the time I realize the quiet music is music, it's too late for me to alt-tab in after loading and drop a CV on the nemy fountain
Ever since the jungle and mastery change I don't CV enemy fountain anymore just because almost every champion can go any item for jungling. I rather save it for a little later to spot the enemy jungler and his defenders because it's cooldown has also been increased.

How many normal wins do the lvl 30 people have in here? I have shamefully passed 500 recently, it feels like to many.

Boken

Banned
Ever since the jungle and mastery change I don't CV enemy fountain anymore just because almost every champion can go any item for jungling. I rather save it for a little later to spot the enemy jungler and his defenders because it's cooldown has also been increased.

How many normal wins do the lvl 30 people have in here? I have shamefully passed 500 recently, it feels like to many.

You dont CV the fountain simply to see the item of the jungler, but it's to see all their items. Knowing items are easy tells of retarded early game strats and helps people choose what to buy for their lane.

HSGG actually giving out tips on his stream for once (it's his tutorial day):
http://www.own3d.tv/live/13574/CLG_HotshotGG
He'll mostly be going through top lane champions and item building and counterpicking.

bjaelke

Yeah, I think I mentioned the anime (if that's what it was?) that Ahri's dance was from in the last thread. And Malzahar has the M. C. Hammer dance for instance.

Someone did mention it in the last thread. Many people apparently missed it, so a repost doesn't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom